Hello again

Jane

Hello again I was on this forum last August after my first CI..I just had surgery last Friday a year later to become bilateral and wanted to get back in touch !I do not have Med El but I’ve read that all CI users are welcome so I thought I’d write again especially to Thank everonr last year for their support!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Jane and welcome back!  Yes all CI users are welcome here regardless of brand.  By any chance are you the same Jane who is friends with @Angie?

I hope your second CI surgery went well.  When is activation?

Yes I am!My activation is 9/21:)surgery went well..just dealing  more this time with post op nausea but there’s less pain and certainly less anxiety..I’m so excited about becoming bilateral:)

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Jane - I'm new since you were last here, but yay for becoming bilateral!  Stick around and hang out with us.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jane  Small world isn’t it?  @Angie and I had the pleasure of meeting each other in 2016 at a terrific weekend of Hands On Hearing events in Raleigh NC put on by Jeff Campagna from Med-El.  I believe you also met @Nikki with Angie.  @Nikki and I are friends who have yet to meet each other in person.  Small world indeed.

Going bilateral is soooo exciting and incredibly awesome after the two sides become balanced.  It’s a fabulous journey.  I was surprised at how different each side’s CI journey was for me.  They each took their own unique paths but ended up at the same awesome spot.

I hope you stay around and share your journey with us.  Wishing you the very best.

Thanks so much !interesting the different journeys from each CI! It’s so much less anxiety knowing what to expect! I didn’t even know where the implant was in my head really the first time until I was activated :)

i will keep in touch ..really everyone in this forum was SO HELPFUL last year !

1 hour ago, Mary Featherston said:

Hi @Jane - I'm new since you were last here, but yay for becoming bilateral!  Stick around and hang out with us.

TU. I will!i only had a few seconds of cold feet the night before :)but Ive been so happy with how I’m hearing and how my life’s changed that I said I’m going to bed and not worrying :)

1 hour ago, Mary Featherston said:

Hi I just saw that you helped develop the preop gown! It’s all I talked about last year after my surgery I thought it was AWESOME! I asked for it as soon as I got in the preop room this time :)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jane very cool!  I love hearing stories like this.

Ooh, wait'll I tell Paul....

Honestly I thought this is the greatest invention..not only does it keep you warm it gives you something to play with while you’re nervous waiting for surgery ?I had it at Sentara in Norfolk Va.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jane

@Mary FeatherstonYou guys did an excellent job with the design. 

I was surprised at how warm it was and how they could just lift a section of it and not disturb the patient. I also loved the cool socks I got to wear in the surgery. A cool memento. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel I have a drawer full of those socks in my office.  Probably the only office in the plant with a sock drawer!

Much of the design was done by my friend Paul that I mentioned above.   We worked hard on that project, but it was gratifying and fun!

• HearPeers Heroes

I definitely feel like I missed out on that cool pre op gown and socks!

• Like 2