How do you handle your rechargeable Sonnet batteries?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I returned to using my Sonnets two weeks ago and today I switched back to rechargeable batteries.

Do you wait until your rechargeable batteries beep dead battery warnings or do you swap out your rechargeable batteries at a set time of day before the dead battery beeps happen?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth  I usually wait for them to beep, but occasionally the first one will beep as I'm leaving work, and since I know I'll be in the car for half an hour, I change the both then.

Same as @Mary Featherston I wait for them to beep. Depends on where I am or what I'm doing, I swap them after a couple of beeps. Sometimes I forget, then when they go flat I curse myself for forgetting... It annoys me really when they go flat and I'm doing something or watching TV lol.

I kinda do both. Mostly wait for the beep but if I’m heading out of the house or sitting down to a movie and don’t want to be interrupted, then I go ahead and change to a fresh battery early.

• HearPeers Heroes

How many hours are your Sonnet standard size rechargeable batteries lasting now?

New ones for me always start off at 10.5 hours but quickly drop down to 9.

• HearPeers Heroes

I guess I'm the only one who waits for the rechargeable battery to go totally dead before changing it. 

I am getting almost 8.5 hours still. I don't think I ever got 10 hours. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Mine still get 9.5 hours pretty consistently. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I just returned to using rechargeable batteries this week.  Right now I am letting the batteries I put in every morning run until they beep because I am tracking how long the batteries last.  If I stay using rechargeable batteries, I will set a time to swap them mid afternoon (3:30).

• HearPeers Heroes
7 hours ago, Jewel said:

You're very fortunate @Mary Featherston. Do you use rechargeables only? 

Yes, the only time I've used disposables was when we were camping, @Jewel - but I think I'm going to buy one of those chargers that people get for their phones and use it to charge my Rondo2s.  We have a solar panel that we use with our pop-up to keep the power topped up.