Med-El friendships

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

One of the most amazing things about my CI journey is the special friendships I have made with other Med-El users and Med-El employees as well.  It really is like a Med-El family.

I encourage everyone to meet other Med-El users when you can both through online/social media platforms as well as in person.

If you are in the USA, please sign up for the social connections called HearPeers US.  Come and join the fun.  I can’t wait for HearPeer US events!

https://www.medel.com/us/hearpeers/

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm not sure what the timeline looks like - I signed up some times ago but haven't heard anything since the initial acknowledgement.  Maybe they're starting in the east and working westward?

• HearPeers Heroes

I think all regions are in the same spot.  They are gathering members right now.  I do not think any HearPeers US events have been announced yet.

@Mary Featherston

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Ah, OK @Mary Beth - I had the impression you'd been at one.  Meet-up maybe?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Nope I am waiting just like you.  Kind of sign up, then wait. Smile.

But I have met up with quite a few Med-El users apart from Med-El events.  Like what @Dave in Pittsburgh Tried to get organized in Niagara Falls.

Recently I spent several days with several Med-El users who have become friends.  I posted pics on FB and IG so maybe that is what you have seen.  Wonderful time!  Terrific people.

I look forward to our paths crossing in person someday soon.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

A US Med-El rep emailed me to join US Hear Peers. I should check if it is an error. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Give it a try, @Jewel - but yes, they may be going by your clinic.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

The email said it is open to persons implanted in the US. I emailed the person who invited me to join. Awaiting a response. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
11 hours ago, Jewel said:

@Mary Featherston

The email said it is open to persons implanted in the US. I emailed the person who invited me to join. Awaiting a response. 

Great!  I think it would be a good thing for people in Jamaica to have you to contact for advice.

I would love to be able to go to a MedEl gathering.  As it is, I am the only MedEl recipient in my town, and last I heard there were 19 in my state, but they are scattered.  I often check the MedEl Meet Up calendar on Facebook, but so far have not been able to manage one into my schedule in another state.  A couple of years ago I was informed that MedEl would be expanding in Alaska, and I am still eagerly hoping that they do.  Once they get the US Hear Peers going, it would be great if there were a large gathering put together for perhaps Alaska, Washington and Oregon.  I'd buy a ticket and go, for sure!  I love meeting others with CIs!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Great, @Jewel!  I'm looking forward to learning more about this.