Audio link with original sonnet 1

Liz

Hi all,

I received my audio link in January this year and my husband set it up for the tv with connections etc.  What is strange is that sometimes the tv connects through it and other times there is a crackling disturbance and no speaking coming through, it's painful and I have to lift the audio link out of the station to stop it.  I don't get how it's working when on and off and not one or the other?  In Perth Australia, we don't seem to be told to get in touch with the rep and never sure if the rep is at the location of the audiologist or out of the office.  Any one else had this problem please with the audiolink?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Liz

I am sorry this is happening.  It sounds like when you are getting the crackle/static it is a very loud sound.  People have commented on quieter crackle and static with the AudioLink but not this loud sound.

Have you tried connecting the AudioLink dock to a different TV to see if the problem is the TV or the AudioLink?

@Marion nancy talked about her use of the AudioLink during today’s virtual chat.  I tagged her and hope she can help.

I am also tagging @MED-EL Moderator in case they have suggestions.

Thank you Mary and yes it's a loud sound and doesn't do it on the tv I don't use much, it's just very strange how it's randomly working or not working.  Liz

• HearPeers Heroes

@Liz

My AudioLink has intermittent connectivity and static problems but it has not sent a loud sound.  It has sounded odd when it is reconnecting to one of my Sonnets after dropping the connection but that is the audio syncing up and again it is not loud.

Sorry this is happening.

1 hour ago, Liz said:

Thank you Mary and yes it's a loud sound and doesn't do it on the tv I don't use much, it's just very strange how it's randomly working or not working.  Liz

@Liz hi at the beginning I had the same problem.  Medel did exchange the audiolink.  There is still a very faint crackle but so much better.  To avoid crackle I took my Audi advice and keeping it in as upright position as possible.  With tv it is kept in the dock with no prob.  When I use it for streaming I keep it straight by clipping to my shirt.  It has its quirks.  I have also found by downloading Medel audio 2ear app and using this for streaming superior to blue2car.   I enjoy audiolink as for me even with the faintest of crackle it has the most natural sound.  I do not have to worry about changing the cover or worry about the fine tuner to change to T mode.  Hope this helps. Keep us informed.  What a great forum this morning@marybeth.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

So glad you joined in this morning’s virtual chat.  A pleasure meeting you.

I remembered something a Sonnet user in Europe posted about his AudioLink experience and the quiet but steady static/crackle sound.  He was told to adjust his sensitivity setting lower (via the remote/app).  Maybe test that out and see if the static/crackle sound decreases.

Hi Mary,

Yes I'm glad I came back on here and I don't think that will do anything, as it's so loud straight away.  I've used the buttons to turn down volume on the audio link previously when it's decided to work on that day.  I always say to my husband about it not being a consistent work or not working, which makes more sense with electronics.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Liz

Have you ever tried the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop?  It’s my favorite streaming device.  Very reliable.   I’ve been using mine for 4 years, almost every day.  Not one problem.

But we do need to be on MT or T so in some settings (bus, train) we encounter EMI (electromagnetic interference that sounds like buzzing).

Streams ALL audio from our devices without needing to use a converter app.

Amazon $129

I reviewed it here:

http://www.handsonhearing.com/user-review-on-artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop/

I've got a necklace, but tried the gadget to link and connect to the television and it wouldn't link.  It works with my phone and computer. 

I might try and get a refund or something on the audio link as it was $975 Aud.

• HearPeers Heroes

The gadget to connect the Artone BT neckloop to the TV.

@Liz

I'll look into that thank you as we bought something, but can't remember what it was called.  It was something that cost around $100 or nearby and then we took it back.

It was a different brand from an electronic shop nearby, but we could try this TVB artone and see if that's a good result.  Thank you.

58 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Marion nancy

So glad you joined in this morning’s virtual chat.  A pleasure meeting you.

I remembered something a Sonnet user in Europe posted about his AudioLink experience and the quiet but steady static/crackle sound.  He was told to adjust his sensitivity setting lower (via the remote/app).  Maybe test that out and see if the static/crackle sound decreases.

Yes.  I lower the volume.  Definitely correct.  The difference between audiolink and artone is artone definitely has more distance and cost wise much more economical. Audiolink does not have to use the fine tuner therefore one less item to put in your fannypak when walking.  The only reason I bought the audiolink as you remember we received a discount which was only valid until December 2019.  Again@marybeth what a wonderful chat and what a great way of meeting everyone and finding solutions to all are problems.  Again thank you

n

26 minutes ago, Liz said:

Hi Mary,

Yes I'm glad I came back on here and I don't think that will do anything, as it's so loud straight away.  I've used the buttons to turn down volume on the audio link previously when it's decided to work on that day.  I always say to my husband about it not being a consistent work or not working, which makes more sense with electronics.

@LizMay I I suggest you contact you your Medel rep(different for Canadians).  We do not have a rep.  I am sure they will replace it.  I had to go through my audiologist for my replacement 

35 minutes ago, Liz said:

I might try and get a refund or something on the audio link as it was $975 Aud.

@liz unfortunately Medel does not refund once box is opened but I could be wrong.  They will work with you on exchange until you are satisfied.  My second one is so totally different from the first.  Keep me posted. 

@Mary Beth thanks for tagging us! 

@Liz We'd suggest you get in touch with our MED-EL Australia team directly. They can have a closer look at your device and if necessary, exchange it. You can get in touch via office@medel.com.au or free call  1300 744 782. Let us know if you have further questions, you can also send us a private message here on the forum if you wish. Best regards, Verena 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2020 at 9:14 AM, Marion nancy said:

@liz unfortunately Medel does not refund once box is opened but I could be wrong.  They will work with you on exchange until you are satisfied.  My second one is so totally different from the first.  Keep me posted. 

I am taking it in to the med el lady in Perth and I will let you know how it goes thank you.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck @Liz!  I hope it works out great.

• 3 months later...
On 7/6/2020 at 7:26 AM, Marion nancy said:

@Liz hi at the beginning I had the same problem.  Medel did exchange the audiolink.  There is still a very faint crackle but so much better.  To avoid crackle I took my Audi advice and keeping it in as upright position as possible.  With tv it is kept in the dock with no prob.  When I use it for streaming I keep it straight by clipping to my shirt.  It has its quirks.  I have also found by downloading Medel audio 2ear app and using this for streaming superior to blue2car.   I enjoy audiolink as for me even with the faintest of crackle it has the most natural sound.  I do not have to worry about changing the cover or worry about the fine tuner to change to T mode.  Hope this helps. Keep us informed.  What a great forum this morning@marybeth.

Hi Marion,  

Sorry I missed this message and when I have the crackle, it is very loud with no other sound coming through.  Still can't figure out why it does this at times and at other times decides to work.  I informed my contact here in Australia WA, but anything they said to try has already been tested.  Liz