Artone TVB

Liz

Hi there,

I am looking at buying the TVB as suggested by Mary Beth and wondered if anyone knows where I can get it in Australia as struggling to find it?  I am in Perth WA, but ordering from elsewhere is good.

Liz

• HearPeers Heroes

@Liz

Are you able to order directly from Artone via their website?  Or order through Amazon?

Hi Mary Beth,

I will try and see where I can order from thank you and surprised there are not any here as I have the necklace that came with the sonnets a few years ago.

Thanks

Liz

• HearPeers Heroes

@Liz

In the US, Med-El US has not included the Artone neckloop in any kits during the 5+ years I have been implanted.  It seems each country decides what it includes in activation kits and in upgrade kits.  During the 5+ years, there have been numerous changes of items included in kits in the US.  But never an option for the Artone neckloop.  Fortunately compared to other connectivity devices, the Artone is not very expensive.

I learned about the Artone from Med-El Innsbruck and have been a fan ever since. I have been using it for 4 years now.  It is my most used piece of tech.

How do you plan on using the TVB?  I have it connected to my TV but hardly use it since I hear the TV quite well with just my processors.

@Joan Have you been using your TVB lately?

@Mary Beth not too often. I watch very little tv during the day (and what I do watch I hear well enough without the TVB). When I am more likely to use the TVB is in the evening but, unfortunately, that’s the most likely time for the “phantom” EMI to suddenly occur making it impossible to use my telecoil. When I do use it, I love it though!

Thank you Mary Beth and Joan and I would use the tvb for tv.  I have the necklace and use with my phone sometimes.  I can hear the tv, but sometimes it depends on the type of movie or sounds etc.  I will have a think about it all as may decide on roger 21 and not that impressed with the audiolink, 

Liz 😊

• HearPeers Heroes

@Liz

Yes the AudioLink gives me problems too.

Tech is funny.  Devices may be advertised to connect with various sound sources but they may connect in ways that are not user friendly or really be designed for use as a remote mic for speech.

TV options with some pros/cons 

TVB:  you already have the Artone so you know how things sound.  It is rather inexpensive.  It can connect to other sound sources too (like a laptop that for some strange reason will not connect with the neckloop).  Using MT we get a mix and using T just TV audio. Easy to adjust sound by using the volume on the neckloop.   Depending on your TV, there may be a slight audio delay.  If there is you may be able to adjust the audio of your TV to remove the delay.  If you are watching TV alone, you can actually mute the TV and hear fine with the neckloop.

Roger Select/Pen with Roger 21 Sonnet/Sonnet 2 battery cover receivers:  For me it does great for speech on TV but other sounds are not balanced.  Like it heightens speech a bit.  Hard to explain.  With the Roger 21 receiver there is no way to listen solely to the TV.  It will always be a mix.  No need to use telecoil.  The only volume control we have is through the Sonnet/Sonnet 2.  (Roger with the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver gives more options but we must be on MT/T).  Sonnet 21 receivers are expensive.

There is no one perfect solution.  It just depends on what is a good match for us personally.

Thank you Mary Beth and I do have the artone necklace as I mentioned, but I'll look at trying the tvb box.  I can connect the necklace to my phone and mac book.  It is difficult to decide what's best at times and I think the tv is the most difficult to try and get the right balance.  😀

• HearPeers Heroes

@Liz

It does take testing different things out in different situations to find what works best for each of us.  Good luck

• HearPeers Heroes

Guys, you can do a try. These days I had received my Artone 3 MAX and I'm doing test with it. My Adroid TV have bluetooth compatible with A2DP and it occurred to me activate it. My surprise is that it was recognized by Artone 3 Max. I was more surprised when I ear the TV with it without other devices. I know that some TV models allow to maintain audio output at same time in bluetooth or aux output and speakers (it is not mine), but probably you can enjoy if you have Artone 3 Max with a simple bluetooth Dongle with A2DP and AVRCP. profile.

It is a thought in the air  

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm sorry for my tech explanation.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Yes you are correct.  Most BT TVs can connect directly with the neckloop. (Our TV is not BT enabled.). And other BT adapters also work with the neckloop.  The Artone neckloop is very user friendly.

• HearPeers Heroes

As you said. It is very friendly. My actual computer have no Bluetooth, and I bought a dongle, compatible with protocol mentioned above and work without problem . On Sunday meeting I will test it, and if you need to explain in other way, please let me know and I will try to do it.