My Body Composition Scale 2

Valentin

• HearPeers Heroes

Although is not directly a gadget for implant or our processors I nave a doubt about it. Reading the user manual of this gadget say that the device the measurement of weight, say that the device is not recommended for user with implant (hearth or other implant). I know the device not only give you the weight. This one have other parameters focused on amateur sport and body maintenance, more exactly 13 points like:

Weight, Basal Metabolic Rate, BMI, ,Body Fat Percentage, Bone Mass, Water percentage in body, Muscle Mass, Physical Age of body, Protein level in body, Visceral Fat, Balance test, Suggest ideal, Make a body score that’s easy to track, based on all of the above measurements, Make an assessment of your Body size type.

It is not my intention to do marketing on it, but I have curiosity and doubt about the "warning" for implanted people as we are, is it posible that the weight scale damage our implant/processor, or simply the measurement wouldn't be so precise for the data calculation?, Or perhaps we have no problem to use it in same way as RMI with Concerto or Synchrony implants?

I ask to MED EL but I think that they are on holiday season and they take some time to answer me.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Mary Beth, I always forget that we have here contact with them..

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

I read about a similar device to what you described above and it sent an electric pulse throughout the body in order to get a reading/calculation 😲 My audiologist said when I first got implanted that an electric pulse could wipe out/erase our MAP. I’m curious to know what Med El moderator says. Good questions!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I thought the same thing that Megan says, but in the same or similar way, airport arcs, and RMI are supported by our implant/processor, maybe this time it's the same. let's wait for MED EL to tell us.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L. is on the money; these scales pass an electrical current through your body because the amount of muscle/fat/water can be detected by measuring your impedance (resistance).

I'd bet it's probably fine because it's a low current and the CI shouldn't be a part of the path the current will follow through your body. But I'm no CI expert (yet :) ).

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 7/30/2020 at 3:13 AM, Megan L. said:

@Valentin

I read about a similar device to what you described above and it sent an electric pulse throughout the body in order to get a reading/calculation 😲 My audiologist said when I first got implanted that an electric pulse could wipe out/erase our MAP. I’m curious to know what Med El moderator says. Good questions!

I've had a smartwatch for a year and a half, and I didn't really think about it when it was given to me. Fortunately, nothing has happened, I suppose that as @phobos512 indicates the electrical impulses or the impedance is low, however, maybe if one decides to use the scale, it would be a good option not to do it with the processor in place to avoid the loss of the mapping.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin I wear a Fitbit everyday and never had any issues or interference. You can never be too careful when it comes to our CIs! I would probably too use the scale without my processor just to be on the safe side 👍

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L.I had the amazfit bip watch, As I commented on previous post, I didn't think about it and the CI issues. I suppose, the way to detect the parameters work in similar way on scales and as MODERATOR commented, the scale work far from CI is located,

For curiosity, I share with the community that I use this watch because it has a vibration alarm clock. It was a discovery to wake up in the morning 🙂 I think the Fitbit has one too.