What Magnet Strength Are You Using?

Jewel

What Magnet Strength Are You Using?   

7 members have voted

1. 1. What Magnet Strength Are You Using?

• HearPeers Heroes

So yesterday I wore both the Sonnet and the Rondo2, mostly Rondo 2. I found that my scalp was feeling very tender. Fortunately, I had collected a package on Friday with weaker magnets. I switched out the magnets today. 

I'm surprised that I've gone from a 3S in both processors to 1S.  Wondering if others have had similar experiences. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel 

I'm currently wearing a 3 magnet on my left side and a 4 magnet on my right. However, like you, I'm feeling a little tender by the right side magnet so I'm wondering if the swelling has gone down enough that I could use a 3 magnet. I'll be digging around tomorrow to find a weaker magnet to try out 🙃 good thing we have options!

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm surprised that you both know what magnet strengths you have, I don't have a clue what mine is, how do I find out?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

The combination of the magnet issue you mentioned last week and the need for weaker magnets makes me think it may be a great idea to contact your CI team.  I know you can not travel there but possibly your surgeon is offering telehealth appointments?  

My Synchrony side started out using 3S in my Sonnet D-coil and 3S in the minus position in my Sonnet DL-coil.  It has remained steady.  It uses 4S in my Rondo 1 processor.

My right side has a concert internal and started off using 3 but decreased to 2 in its first year.  It uses 3 in my Rondo 1.

I hope the tenderness goes away soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

You can see your magnet strength by looking at your Sonnet coil.

D-coil has a twist out magnet with markings on it.

DL-coil needs to have the cover removed to see the markings and to see if the magnet is locked into the + or - position.

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Mr-LJ said:

I'm surprised that you both know what magnet strengths you have, I don't have a clue what mine is, how do I find out?

@Mr-LJ

Look at the number of triangles on the magnet. Plus my audi told me 😉

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you, it's a D coil and no matter how hard I try to twist it isn't going to undo, so I'll leave put. 😞

I was 3 but I just went to 4 I guess I am getting more hard headed as I mature in age.

• Haha 3

• HearPeers Heroes
11 hours ago, Mr-LJ said:

Thank you, it's a D coil and no matter how hard I try to twist it isn't going to undo, so I'll leave put. 😞

@Mr-LJ

Maybe there is a video that shows how to do it? 

That right no twist just use you fingernail and lift move in circle it will open

• HearPeers Heroes
12 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jewel

The combination of the magnet issue you mentioned last week and the need for weaker magnets makes me think it may be a great idea to contact your CI team.  I know you can not travel there but possibly your surgeon is offering telehealth appointments?  

My Synchrony side started out using 3S in my Sonnet D-coil and 3S in the minus position in my Sonnet DL-coil.  It has remained steady.  It uses 4S in my Rondo 1 processor.

My right side has a concert internal and started off using 3 but decreased to 2 in its first year.  It uses 3 in my Rondo 1.

I hope the tenderness goes away soon.

Hey @Mary Beth

I am not aware of my surgeon offering telehealth appointments. My audi was aware that I was having a heavy feeling on my head. That's how I got the weaker magnets. I haven't felt any tenderness today thankfully. 

This morning I was planning to wear my Rondo 2 with the 1S magnet but it wouldn't stick to my head. Tried the Sonnet with the 1S magnet and it too wouldn't stick to my head although I had no problem last night. So I changed to a 2S on the Sonnet and it worked! 

Seems that I broke the magnet removal tool for the Rondo2 cos now I can't move the 1S magnet in the processor! Argh! I hate having to wear Sonnet to work and having to deal with wearing a mask too. 

• HearPeers Heroes
6 minutes ago, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

That right no twist just use you fingernail and lift move in circle it will open

Just realised he uses D coil, not DL coil which we use. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Right @Jewel D-coil magnets sit on top of the coil and twist to lock in place.

@Dave in Pittsburgh DL-coils have covers that are removed the way you describe.

I have both D-coils and DL-coils due to the timing of the Sonnet 1 release in the US

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Maybe you can get a replacement Rondo 2 magnet tool?

With OPUS2 or Sonnet 1 and masks, I use a band with buttons so the loops do not go behind my ears.

I have a magnet size 3 in my Sonnet 2 on the right and a magnet size 3 in my Rondo 3 on my left. But the Rondo fits much stronger to my head than the Sonnet. Even when I try to wear the Sonnet or Rondo on the opposite (wrong) side. So these magnet sizes can't be compared with each other.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I have one of those straps to wear at the back of my head but it doesn't keep the mask up. It sometimes slips. 

Med-El has shipped a magnet tool to my neighbour who is still abroad. She's coming next weekend so everything worked out. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

That is great!  I’m glad you were able to work something out to get a magnet tool.