Audiostream quietness on android phones

Kim

I did 3 months ago, will today, i was giing to wait for a replcement but im trying putting thru insurance for a test. I will purchase more for the year as soon as i know. The fuzziness can be heard while streaming tho. I will post after all replacements done later today or tomorrow. I havnt used audiostream alot but i will swab it anyway

53 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Dianna

have you recently changed your sonnet 2 mic cover?  And also check that area of the Sonnet 2 for any cracks.

Ok 

Hiya, i removed the coil cover, the two points were settled in the + groove. I put a new cover on did 10 oclock 2 oclock but im not sure of the locations lol. Put all together and i think there is improvement, also replaced mic cover as it was time anyway. Some voices are still fuzzed on the edges but watching on the other tv having audio link cabled in will be my last test (audio link) if i still have fuzz or fluctuations again im going to return it. 

Thanks for your help, i notate in my manual. I can also call my audi and have her check the coil.

Some voices have definately improved with the maintenance, im still new and have hesitation pulling parts off if you know what i mean, lol.

My rehabbing is at words and sentences in noise,  i get about 80 to 90 percent so definately improving, i wonder if im just being impatient wanting perfection. Oh and no closed captions on any tv now, i still lose some but im still gloriously happy!

• Like 2

Volume booster did not work well for me might have been all the settings.  I was listening to spotify. This morning did a phone call with audio link wired, its the best for me but i dont have much phone use.  Im dealing with the map settings last time, im thinking the automatic stuff is affecting sound.  I trade off days with audstream and link since i have both. 

I just feel like i have fluctuations in quality.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

I thought you were due for a mapping appt to discuss the variation you hear but I may be recalling that incorrectly. Sorry.

I had one february 10 with my audi and clinic medel adviser. They did some fine tuning resulting in great results however 3 of the maps had AI, and  liked it at first because the note that made glass clink less bothersome. However the three with the AI seemed to help with some tones i was lacking. But the three maps with this AI automatic something seems to distort! I can be watching a tv show and some voices are nice and clear then something changes that i dont like, and the good voices get fuzzy. I havnt requested an appt to address yet, im trying to give it a good chance. 

All my maps are set at 75 sensitivity and my control is locked. I was told my next appt is six months but i can call if i would like an appt. I was just contacted to go in for more research testing next week, i will discuss with them but they are students and data collectors.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

There are features of ASM 3 that can be turned on even when AI (adaptive intelligence) is turned off.

You may like a program with AI turned off but both ambient noise reduction and transient noise reduction turned on.

Ambient noise reduction quiets steady noise like fans.

Transient noise reduction quiets sudden short noises like doors, plates.

Yeah that sounds like a good thing to try. I can ask my audi for an appt. My current map one has very low or no AI. Im using it now for all day to try and figure out what i like/dont like. I have come to experience what some users have posted that after activation things are great and improving, then get a "mapping" and the changes are frustrating.

Mb i need someone like you, a ci user with high ci knowledge...its somewhat difficult to communicate to an audi with no ci experience lol

Just realized this subject is audiostream, im still swapping back and forth. I will say i say "what" alot more during conversations using audstream. Audlink works better for me cabled for phone calls having AI on low. Audstream phone calls were not as good.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

We are all in this together helping each other hear our very best.  I am happy to help when I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I started using the Audiostream kit with my Android phone. Unfortunately, the sound from my Audiostream phone is too low. For example, the sounds from the Youtube application are very low, and the sounds are louder in different applications. I think it has to do with Android software. I connected it to an Iphone to test it. The sounds from the Youtube application were at a very satisfactory level. If I give an example, I can easily understand 6 level levels out of 10 volume levels. On Android, the final volume is not enough. I hope there will be an improvement related to this arrangement. I was a little disappointed. I'll have to buy an iPhone just for the volume. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kerem Ozcan

@Kylie found a work around by using a free volume booster app on her android phone set at 130%.  It runs in the background and solves this problem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2022 at 4:10 AM, Kerem Ozcan said:

Hello,
I started using the Audiostream kit with my Android phone. Unfortunately, the sound from my Audiostream phone is too low. For example, the sounds from the Youtube application are very low, and the sounds are louder in different applications. I think it has to do with Android software. I connected it to an Iphone to test it. The sounds from the Youtube application were at a very satisfactory level. If I give an example, I can easily understand 6 level levels out of 10 volume levels. On Android, the final volume is not enough. I hope there will be an improvement related to this arrangement. I was a little disappointed. I'll have to buy an iPhone just for the volume. :)

I had this issue yesterday while streaming from my laptop. Idk what it was so i switched to audio link. I think its how i have it set up on my phone. Im about to upgrade phone and add ha so i did not play with my set up. My phone asks "pair with this hearing aid?" I have the sonnet 2 saved as hearing device. When scanning, i have "available" sonnet 2, audiostream, audio link, and a device with just numbers...i will remove all and re set when i get my phone as i dont know which item is the numbered item. I am on a waiting list at a speech and hearing clinic attached to the university hospital and otarlyngology clinic i go to. Apparently separate organizations. Hoping i get a HA and make it all work. Maybe next week!

6 hours ago, Dianna said:

I had this issue yesterday while streaming from my laptop. Idk what it was so i switched to audio link. I think its how i have it set up on my phone. Im about to upgrade phone and add ha so i did not play with my set up. My phone asks "pair with this hearing aid?" I have the sonnet 2 saved as hearing device. When scanning, i have "available" sonnet 2, audiostream, audio link, and a device with just numbers...i will remove all and re set when i get my phone as i dont know which item is the numbered item. I am on a waiting list at a speech and hearing clinic attached to the university hospital and otarlyngology clinic i go to. Apparently separate organizations. Hoping i get a HA and make it all work. Maybe next week!

The audio volume problem can be specific for some phones that have the ASHa implemented badly. Unfortunately can't know this one in advance other than looking for reviews from someone who's checked the phone for this specific aspect. If their Android phone streams flawlessly to hearing aids (other than Phonaks, Phonaks use BT classic), or Cochlear's processors (as those are really common, so many more users), then it will work fine for AudioStream too.

When connecting to BT: Sonnet 2 is the processor itself and that connection is responsible for the AudioKey app. To stream you need to connect to the AudioStream on the list. The "hearing device" you want to have selected there is the AudioStream, not the Sonnet 2. Perhaps something bugged out and that's why you got the low volume issue? It is a possibility and you could troubleshoot it by making sure the hearing aid is set to "AudioStream" and trying how the volume is then.

The device with numbers can be about any BT device in the range. Sometimes it's not possible to find out what exactly it is, because it's possible it's something from the neighbours.

• HearPeers Heroes

If the too quiet volume continues with AudioStream and android phones, try @Kylie’s volume booster fix.  It’s a free app that runs in the background.

32 minutes ago, Enegra said:

The audio volume problem can be specific for some phones that have the ASHa implemented badly. Unfortunately can't know this one in advance other than looking for reviews from someone who's checked the phone for this specific aspect. If their Android phone streams flawlessly to hearing aids (other than Phonaks, Phonaks use BT classic), or Cochlear's processors (as those are really common, so many more users), then it will work fine for AudioStream too.

When connecting to BT: Sonnet 2 is the processor itself and that connection is responsible for the AudioKey app. To stream you need to connect to the AudioStream on the list. The "hearing device" you want to have selected there is the AudioStream, not the Sonnet 2. Perhaps something bugged out and that's why you got the low volume issue? It is a possibility and you could troubleshoot it by making sure the hearing aid is set to "AudioStream" and trying how the volume is then.

The device with numbers can be about any BT device in the range. Sometimes it's not possible to find out what exactly it is, because it's possible it's something from the neighbours.

I agree. I dont have a hearing aid yet.

Tried that volume booster, my downloaded version just doesnt cut it. I am in a great place to wait for new hearing aid.

Internet here is not great and my closest neighbor is half a mile.

Sonnet 2 is my left hearing device, and i use audio stream to BT. 

Thank you both for info!!!!

On 6/9/2022 at 1:43 PM, Enegra said:

I agree. I dont have a hearing aid yet.

Tried that volume booster, my downloaded version just doesnt cut it. I am in a great place to wait for new hearing aid.

Internet here is not great and my closest neighbor is half a mile.

Sonnet 2 is my left hearing device, and i use audio stream to BT. 

Thank you both for info!!!!

Good morning, i googled the item with numbers, it might be my sisters fancy bed! Thanks enegra!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

In the last couple days i wore audiostream continuously. Yesterday i couldnt seem to get music to work. I spent hours trying to find what wasnt working (have had phone issues)

I instinctively touched the processor, and heard sound! Come to find out it wasnt connecting! The cover did not go all the way on! Very small gap where cover meets processor.

I sent an email to my rep kalendria, and within hours have a replacement on the way. Yay kalendria!

I purchased a couple battery covers recently im hoping they have not affected the actual processor, new disposable battery tray, seal, what ever, checked everything out closely and wiped with alcohol.

We shall see tomorrow!!

High five medel customer service rep kalendria 💘 

• 4 months later...

I have a Rondo 3 and I am having heavy static issues. This happens when I use BT and when I use it wired. I am very new to the CI. ( it has only been in since the end of August). I believe that this unit has more limitations then the over ear model. I dont mind  using wires but I would like to find a way to use audio books and music players without the static. I dont know if I can use a coil with the Rondo. Any help would be appreciated.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Michael Heit

You can use telecoil with Rondo3.

I recommend the Artone BT neckloop.

Here is how to use it with Rondo3.

1) Pair the neckloop to your phone by starting with the neckloop powered off.  Press and hold the center button until you see alternating red/blue lights then release.  Go to phone’s BT and select the Artone to pair.  It will remember this pairing going forward and will automatically connect to the phone when the Artone is turned on as long as the phone is on and in range.

2) Attach the telecoil adapter to the Rondo 3 AND also put the Rondo 3 into flight mode.  This gets rid of a ticking sound that often happens with the telecoil adapter attached.

Then place the small light neckloop around your neck- can be worn under clothes and enjoy.

Here is a captioned review of the Artone 

• HearPeers Heroes

Here is information about how to use the Rondo 3 telecoil adapter