Audiostream quietness on android phones

Kim

Thank you Mary Beth for the very quick reply.

If  you dont mind I still have a few questions.

Do you know if the static is in the design of the processor or audiolink?

Has anyone else experienced these problems and have they addressed them.

Does Medel have a clue about this issue and have they ever spoken about them on the blog.

Mary Beth Sorry I know that you have no real way of knowing what Medel knows or not. but I just had to ask

Ok

Next as to telecoils. Do they also have static issues.

Do you have other issues or is the sound clear?

I see from your youtube post that they pair with your iphone via blue tooth.

Thats fine.

But can the telecoil also be pared without bluetooth by a wire to an audio source?

I ask because I have music players and older stereos that are not bluetooth and I would love to pair them also.

Sorry for the long post

Thanks again

Michael

P.S. I also had by Ci done at NYEE.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Michael Heit

I love NYEE!  They take excellent care of me.

Most of your questions above are for @MED-EL Moderator.

Any time we use a loop and have our processors on T we can experience electromagnetic interference from microwaves, power lines, planes, etc.  But if we are not in an area with EMI, there is no static and great sound quality for speech.  There are different telecoils that are not BT and get plugged in a headphone jack.  Check Diglo.com.

I do experience sound quality issues with AudioLink as well.

You can also use CozyPhones flat stereo speakers which have a cord.  Amazing sound quality for a very low price.

Here is a link to a captioned review of CozyPhones.  I use them with my Rondo1 processors.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Michael Heit

T stands for telecoil being active 

On Rondo3 this happens as soon as the telecoil adapter is attached.  The Rondo3 automatically switched into a 50/50 mix of its microphones (for sounds in your environment) and telecoil (for sounds coming from a telecoil loop).  That is actually called MT setting.

If you want an opportunity to turn off all sounds around you and ONLY hear sounds coming from a loop, your audiologist can set up a program in one of your 4 program slots that is telecoil only.  Then you would move into that program via your remote or the AudioKey2 app, attach the telecoil adapter and then put the Rondo3 into flight mode.  (Putting it into flight mode is always the last step.)

• 2 months later...

HI Mary Beth

Happy New Year

Based on your recommendation I ordered 2 of the T Coil Loops

They do work better. However during my next mapp session with Lisa at NYEE  I have to figure out how to silence the processor when using the loop.

I did however want to talk with you about an unrelated issue.

I dont know if this is the correct forum page and I do not want to run afoul of the protocol.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Michael Heit

To listen to streamed audio only when using any loop, the processor needs to be in T setting.

For Sonnet/Sonnet2 just use the remote (Fine Tuner Echo/Fine Tuner) or the app remote (AudioKey2) and select T.

For Rondo 3 ask Lisa to create a T only program in one of the program slots to use when you attach the telecoil adapter and wish to only hear streamed audio.

You can send any HearPeer member a private message within this forum by going to the top right menu and look for the envelope icon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 8:49 PM, Kylie said:

This is the app I have been using. There are many like this if you don't like this one in particular.

Screenshot_20210926-094345.png

Kylie are you still using this app?

• HearPeers Heroes

No I'm not, as my rehab got further I can pick out the sounds better at a quieter volume. And I did find that the booster created a mild distortion so I didn't want to use it long term. It was very useful for a while though. However the audio stream is still often quieter than I would find ideal.