Favorite sounds of the week

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Let's have a bit of fun. What were your favorite sounds of the past week?

• HearPeers Heroes

I would have to say listening to music. It is unbelievably amazing the feeling I have to be able to listen to it again.

• HearPeers Heroes

Or the new residual hearing I am getting now. I can hear my finger wiggle in my ear when it's itchy. That's new!! In the implanted ear that is.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good idea, Mary Beth. But you forgot to tell us about your favs :)

Today it was a first  time when I heard how Sonnet asked me to change the batteries.

Funny to hear how dog tongue clanks against a ceramic bowl - very colorful sound.

The most surprising - I could hear a copy machine working in a mail room which is out of my sight (across a hallway from my office).

This weeks I have started to hear a lot of new sounds  - wall clocks ticking, microwave beeps, kettle whistle, and number of sounds my car produces. Like all of that.

But the sound of owl hooting was a very special for me.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's awesome Cara!! You are well on your way!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Oooooo.......I want to hear an owl hooting! I will have to try to do that.

My favorite sounds this week........the purr of my cat, the quiet click of my cat's gait, conversation from different floors in my home, stereo effect of some music, tuba and trombone sounds in concert band and for the past two weeks I have been addicted to Harry Potter audiobooks! Smile.

• HearPeers Heroes

This is very fun game :) 

Well, my part of the game will be the voice of my friend at work who talks really reeeeeally fast, sometimes stutter - and with heavy accent. :)

I used to remember that with my hearing aid I've understood her maybe 35%, with BB we had constant improvements but yesterday we have reached - 98%. :)

I can listen her without any efforts and every possible word reach my brain. Yay! :D

While I am writing this I hear how rain pours outside... crystal clear sound - but I also remember how it was for the first time hearing rain through the closed window.... And smile when a though about that crossed my mind... A simply modified effect of Proust. :) ... there was no a madeleine cookie.....;)

• HearPeers Heroes

The birds are singing in the house we've rented in Arizona. I'm in heaven that I can now hear these amazing creatures.

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara, when my batteries in the Rondo need changing, it sounds like a telephone ringing. I counted the number of rings on the way home one day:40 times!

• HearPeers Heroes

Sandy,

I was so surprised at how many birds there are all around last spring and summer. Who knew? They are everywhere. It is so great to hear them. Last fall I heard the voices of individual geese as they flew overhead. Enjoy their songs. Maybe you will be able to identify the type of bird by its song before long.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth, the other sound I like is when the deer talk to each other. People think I'm weird but they seem to murmur to each other. I have 6 in my back yard that take up residence during the winter months.

• HearPeers Heroes

Why that would be weird, Sandy? It is actually beautiful whatching how living beings try to communicate...:)

• HearPeers Heroes

Well that's a new one. I didn't know deer made a noise. Well when their scared I know they do but never have heard them make a noise when their calm.

Crows along our neighborhood Nature Trail. Boy, are they a lively group. Very boisterous!

Sandy,

I hope to hear deer chatting someday. That would be neat.

Elaine

• HearPeers Heroes

It is beautiful to hear but what I've found with people who hear naturally is that they've filtered so much out that they miss so much. Elaine it's fantastic first thing in the morning in the Spring to open the windows and hear so many different sounds. Does it seem to anyone that we hear better than those with natural hearing?

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes it seems that way for me too!! I say I am the best deaf-hearing person in my family!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Can't say that I have ever heard deer chatting.

• HearPeers Heroes

My favorite sound this morning, hearing the last few drops of coffee falling into the pot so I can have a cup or 5 :D

• HearPeers Heroes

It was nice to hear the coffee dripping this morning! Five cups?

• HearPeers Heroes

Ho-ho-ho... Excellent - once upon time this was my WOW moment because with my hearing aid couldn't differ this sound from the other. When I started to hear it, it was unexpectedly weird to me. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Sandy, I drink too much coffee. I get up pretty early. Usually I don't drink any after lunch. Don't want to stay awake all night

• HearPeers Heroes

Lol!! I have the same problem but I only drink tea. My new sound of the week was the chickadees. I heard them yesterday when I was outside helping my husband.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara there is actually more caffeine in brewed tea than in coffee due to the amount of time you steep it. Espresso has very little caffeine. People just assume it has a lot because of the strong taste