Battery Brands

ColinY

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Adamfit said:

That's strange. I have used that brand and haven't noticed any difference in sound quality as the batteries lose power

I use almost exclusively Power One...

i would agree with Kay - a muffled sound...

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Kay said:

I only know because I have to ask for repeats of speech. Then I figure it out. ? Took a few times before I caught on 

Me too - then I catch myself: gotcha - change the battery! :D

• HearPeers Heroes

I think I have tried just about every battery out there. Haven't really seen a big difference in any of them

• HearPeers Heroes

I always carry batteries with me. I squeeze every last drop of energy from them before changing. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

I had an interesting experience with ZeniPower batteries and my Sonnets.  I kept getting these false battery beeps when I knew the batteries were not dead.  I changed out batteries thinking I got dud batteries.  It kept happening.  Others on the FB group were talking about the same thing and they changed out the Sonnet battery packs or the Sonnet battery covers.  Since these false battery beeps were happening in both of my Sonnets I was sure it was not the battery packs or battery covers.  So I switched to PowerOne batteries using the same battery packs and the same battery covers.  I have not had one false battery beep yet and it's been 2 months now.  So for whatever reason, the PowerOne batteries work better for me than the ZeniPower batteries.  I don't quite understand why but I went from several false dead battery beeps daily to none.  I'm just glad that problem is over.

• HearPeers Heroes

That is very strange Marybeth. That would happen to me when I had my opus 2 but so far, no issues with the sonnets.

• HearPeers Heroes
6 hours ago, Adamfit said:

I think I have tried just about every battery out there. Haven't really seen a big difference in any of them

I have experimented like that before - with my hearing aid and have found out that I am quite satisfied with best brands so - why bother myself more: I just look for a brand at which I am the most confident of.

• HearPeers Heroes
5 hours ago, Adamfit said:

I always carry batteries with me. I squeeze every last drop of energy from them before changing. :)

Although it seems we are cheap niggards(?), I do this too. At least, up to the moment I can not function :D 

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Adamfit said:

That is very strange Marybeth. That would happen to me when I had my opus 2 but so far, no issues with the sonnets.

Interesting... :huh: Two people - the opposite experience. 

• 5 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I like them a lot. Very consistent in how long they last

• HearPeers Heroes

Many people report improved performance with the Power One implant batteries.  I wish Med-El USA would return to offering those to us.  Now they only ship ZeniPower Implant.  Those batteries perform terribly in my Sonnets.

• HearPeers Heroes

I recieved the power one from Medel. They work well so I order them from Amazon at a great price.  If I named another manufacturer, my apologies 

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah I love Power One implant batteries too.  I can order them online but then my insurance will not cover them.  If I order through Med-El my insurance will cover them.  Med-El used to send Power One batteries if you requested them.  Now they will not.  They only send ZeniPower implant batteries.  The ZeniPower implant batteries have performed terribly in my Sonnets.  They trigger false dead battery beeps all of the time.  It has happened to many Med-El users with Sonnets and ZeniPower batteries.  Several of us have asked our CSR about getting Power One batteries again but Med-El says no.  It's unfortunate because I believe the Sonnets are a wonderful piece of technology and with those inferior batteries, the Sonnets have many problems.  I am not the only person who is reporting this.  In our FB group there have been several passionate topics on the problems with ZeniPower batteries and the Sonnets.

• HearPeers Heroes

I use power one as well. The same that Medel sent me. My insurance does cover them. I'm in the U.S.

make sure you find out, what your insurance covers and what it doesn't before purchasing acquipment. This will save you a big headache in the long run

• HearPeers Heroes

The sellers where I buy batteries promote their batteries have four years of expiration. It's a comment.

Their want advise users that batteries with less that this time, have worse perfomance.

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

Are you saying that your insurance covers your PowerOne batteries even when you purchase them on Amazon?

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin

it is hard to predict how old the batteries are are they don't put a packaged on date. I guess all you can do is hope for the best or buy your batteries from a place that you know has high turnover. This will guarantee at least fresher batteries. 

• HearPeers Heroes

They are and listed as hearing aid batteries so it doesn't (at least with my insurance) matter where I buy them

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

Sorry for so many questions, but just trying to understand.   Do you pay for your batteries and then submit the receipt to your insurance?  Are you able to submit for several boxes at the same time or do you have to process them each month?

Thanks for your help.

• HearPeers Heroes

Marybeth 

ask away!!!

our work covers a very high deductible plus they ( insurance) pays for stuff like hearing aid batteries ect.....

they cover the batteries but that's about it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

My deductible is over 8,000 dollars U.S. Before insurance