December 2023 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth for Med-El CI users, their families and people considering a Med-El CI

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

We are taking the month of November off.

Note:  We will limit invites to the first 25 HP members who respond.  If more than 25 members request invites, those above 25 will be placed on the top of the invite list for the following GoogleMeet chat.  We tend to have 10 or 11 chats a year.

The December 2023 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth will be on:

Sunday December 3rd  at 9:15 am New York time.  The meeting opens around 9:00 am New York time for chatting.

Med-El CI users, families and those considering a Med-El CI are welcome.

Invites are sent a few moments before the meeting opens to those who reply below.

GoogleMeet has free automatic captions.

Tagging those who have recently attended.  First timers are always welcome.  Smile

If you wish to receive an invite, please respond below.

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@Dianna

@JoceSky

@Teddy

@Andrew42

@Roy

@Anne N

@Mary G. Weaver

@Anthony Canada

@NathalieM

@Ralph34

@Gerda

@Betsy

@DianeH

@Tim

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Jared Charney

@Kirk S.

@Dead ear

@Heather W

• Members

Count me in too please!  Thanks again for everything you do for the community!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

We are taking the month of November off.

Note:  We will limit invites to the first 25 HP members who respond.  If more than 25 members request invites, those above 25 will be placed on the top of the invite list for the following GoogleMeet chat.  We tend to have 10 or 11 chats a year.

The December 2023 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth will be on:

Sunday December 3rd  at 9:15 am New York time.  The meeting opens around 9:00 am New York time for chatting.

Med-El CI users, families and those considering a Med-El CI are welcome.

Invites are sent a few moments before the meeting opens to those who reply below.

GoogleMeet has free automatic captions.

Tagging those who have recently attended.  First timers are always welcome.  Smile

If you wish to receive an invite, please respond below.

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@Dianna

@JoceSky

@Teddy

@Andrew42

@Roy

@Anne N

@Mary G. Weaver

@Anthony Canada

@NathalieM

@Ralph34

@Gerda

@Betsy

@DianeH

@Tim

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Jared Charney

@Kirk S.

@Dead ear

@Heather W

I appreciate this amazing opportunity to learn more and thank you all.

we are away and so I can't be at the next one.

I definitely want to continue attending  in future 

thanks Gerda

• HearPeers Heroes

@Rick S

scroll up to see the information about our next HP GoogleMeet.  If you want to join in, just reply here to be added to the invite list.

• HearPeers Heroes

so far invites going to

@Mary Beth

@Kylie  

@Betsy  

@JoceSky  

@Dianna

@Tim  

@NathalieM  

@Anthony Canada  

@Dead ear  

@Roy  

@Lauren  

@Joan  

Would love to but don't want to hold up a space if I end up working or having to leave early 

• HearPeers Heroes

Sunday December 3rd  at 9:15 am New York time.  The meeting opens around 9:00 am New York time for chatting.

so far invites going to

@Mary Beth

@Kylie  

@Betsy  

@JoceSky  

@Dianna

@Tim  

@NathalieM  

@Anthony Canada  

@Dead ear  

@Roy  

@Lauren  

@Joan  

@Andrew42

@Kirk S.  

@Jared Charney  

Hi, my name is Annette and I live in Florida.   I have been SSD for 50+ years when I lost hearing on right side at 7 years old from some type of infection.  I started using a HA in the left ear several years ago.  It was not giving me enough benefit that I qualified for CI earlier this year. I was implanted in my deaf ear on 7/26/23 and activated on 9/14/23.  I am using the Rondo 3 and Sonnet 2.  I tend to use the Rondo more often.  So far I only feel sound from my processor. The feeling has evolved - started as a vibration, became percussive and now is more a “knock” on the brain.  It’s as if my brain doesn’t really know what to do with the new signals yet.  I feel like it is working so hard to try to figure it out that it is interfering with my HA hearing.  My audiologist did booth testing on me last week.  I felt knock, knock, knock from the three beeps played for each tone on right side but did not hear them.  Word recognition with both HA and CI in noise was pretty low which supports my current experiences.  No one is giving up hope yet and I certainly hope to get to a better outcome soon.  I follow up with both my surgeon and my audiologist next week.  It will be my first visit with the surgeon since activation so I really don’t know what to expect.