Cochlear and Roku TV

Hearing Again

IHello again my fellow hear again people!  Hope everyone is doing as well if not better than the last time I posted. Me, I’m now six months post activation and over my first few months angst. Still hearing better every day. Sitting on my front porch writing this and can’t help hear the beauty of all the birds chirping which I have not heard since my brain tumor in 1994. Ironic as I sit here writing this I hear them for the first time in so many years. 

My query for the day revolves around my wife and I cutting our cable and getting a Roku TV streaming device instead. Does anyone know how to use Bluetooth with the Artone Max, or any other way?

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes Artone 3 MAX will connect via BT to a BT TV or through Artone’s TV streamer or another compatible BT streamer.

Roger transmitters can have their docks plugged into TVs and stream to Roger receivers

TVs can be looped via a cable and we can use MT or T inside the loop

BT headphones can be paired with BT TVs and worn over BTE processors 

Lots of options.  

How are you hearing the TV now?

• 3 months later...

Sorry haven’t responded for a while. Pesky thing called cancer set me back a bit. But doing great now and the doctors think I am cancer free. Caught early so my chemo is only pills that I take at home. 

I’m hearing the tv pretty good using my implant/OTE hearing aid in my other ear combination, but still need to read closed Captions a lot. When you say about Artone TV streamer, is that a separate device from the 3max?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

Sorry to hear about the cancer but happy it was caught early.

Artone has a special TV streamer that attaches to the TV and sends the signal to the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.

Thank you. Just ordered one, only 55 bucks on amazon. Thank you. 

On 8/15/2019 at 4:42 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Hearing Again

Sorry to hear about the cancer but happy it was caught early.

Artone has a special TV streamer that attaches to the TV and sends the signal to the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.

I’m using Quattro 4.0 my LG tv have internal Bluetooth so I connected directly before I have Quattro QLink tv streaming bluetooth system now I’m use it only with old tv

• HearPeers Heroes

@iHM24

Do you notice any audio lag time between your BT TV and BT neckloop?

Hello there. Yes, when I first used it it was bad. The next day I unplugged everything, waited a while and plugged it in and then the lag was hardly noticeable. 

On another note, my tv streamer should be hear (get it, hear) within a week or so. Can’t wait to try it out. 

I have an IG TV. I can’t imagine why I can hear tv when I’m using dish network but not when I’m using ROKU. The only thing I can think is in Dish settings there is an icon to turn Bluetooth on and off and to link devices. I can not find anything like that on my TV. 

Just thought of what I thought was a genius idea. Instead or getting Bluetooth out of my Dish network (which works) or Roku, which doesn’t, I thought I should use the original remote for the TV and look through it’s settings (I have Sony enigma TV, not an LG) but nothing. So I await the  TV streamer  and will let you know how it is when I get it. 

19 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@iHM24

Do you notice any audio lag time between your BT TV and BT neckloop?

Rarely there is lag time because it’s directly connected and both bluetooth 4.0

17 hours ago, Hearing Again said:

I have an IG TV. I can’t imagine why I can hear tv when I’m using dish network but not when I’m using ROKU. The only thing I can think is in Dish settings there is an icon to turn Bluetooth on and off and to link devices. I can not find anything like that on my TV. 

From your tv sound settings you can pair bluetooth, I have LG 49UH603V.

I have Samsung also but there is no built-in bluetooth so I used ClearSounds QLink TV bluetooth streamer.

15 hours ago, Hearing Again said:

Just thought of what I thought was a genius idea. Instead or getting Bluetooth out of my Dish network (which works) or Roku, which doesn’t, I thought I should use the original remote for the TV and look through it’s settings (I have Sony enigma TV, not an LG) but nothing. So I await the  TV streamer  and will let you know how it is when I get it. 

If you have LG tv download LG TV plus application it’s available on AppStore & Google play. No need to use your original remote because it’s original application from LG but your TV should support WiFi to connect it to your router & your smartphone at the same time

• 2 months later...

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I just saw you wrote. The ARTONE TVB IS FANTASTIC. It plays tv sound right into my cochlear device in one ear and my hearing aid in the other. 

• HearPeers Heroes
10 hours ago, Hearing Again said:

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I just saw you wrote. The ARTONE TVB IS FANTASTIC. It plays tv sound right into my cochlear device in one ear and my hearing aid in the other. 

@Joan

@Hearing Again loves the Artone TVB!  That is what you just ordered!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

I am so glad your TV issue has been solved.  @Joan and I will be testing it out next month.  

How does it plug into your TV?  

It’s phenomenal. I can turn the tv almost to the lowest setting when my wife and dog are sleeping and control the volume just in my ears. 

There was when I first hooked it up but I just unplugged it for 20 minutes and plugged it back in and I notice no lag time other than maybe a half second but it’s not even noticeable unless you are looking for it.   I am using the RCA cables to connect it but it also comes with an optic wire which I bet is even faster, I just can’t find that output as my TV is wall mounted.