AudioKey not pairing with sonnet 1

kblgy

I just received my Audiolink I ordered for my sonnet 1.got it all paired up but when I try to use Audiokey it says connected to audiolink but failed to pair with processor. is this something new they maybe to Audiologist needs to turn on.

Audiokey.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Hmmmm

Sonnet 1 communicates with the AudioKey app through the AudioLink.

Will the AudioKey display your Sonnet 1 info?

The AudioKey app does connect directly to Sonnet 2.

Hi @Mary Beth, thanks for tagging us. 

@kblgy: Yes, you are right, your audiologist needs to make a small adjustment to the programming of your SONNET before you can use AudioKey via AudioLink. Please get in touch with your audiologist for assistance with this. 

Kind regards, Verena

3 hours ago, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi @Mary Beth, thanks for tagging us. 

@kblgy: Yes, you are right, your audiologist needs to make a small adjustment to the programming of your SONNET before you can use AudioKey via AudioLink. Please get in touch with your audiologist for assistance with this. 

Kind regards, Verena

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:15 AM, kblgy said:

Thank you

Hi, talked to My audiologist and since audio link isn't in the USA yet witch I don't understand, she cant do anything cause she doesn't know what to do.  but I keep getting emails to download it off the google play store. I side loaded it already and when I go to the play store it says "item not available in your countrey"  .  I am in the US.

please advise

• HearPeers Heroes

@kblgy

I think AudioLink (the intermediary device) is available in the US but AudioKey (the app) is not yet available in the US.  We can use AudioLink without the app with our Sonnets.  Have you been able to use your AudioLink yet?  Maybe I can help you troubleshoot if you haven’t been able to use the intermediary device yet.

8 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@kblgy

I think AudioLink (the intermediary device) is available in the US but AudioKey (the app) is not yet available in the US.  We can use AudioLink without the app with our Sonnets.  Have you been able to use your AudioLink yet?  Maybe I can help you troubleshoot if you haven’t been able to use the intermediary device yet.

its work fine as far as that goes, what i want is everything that also comes with the audiokey app. and according to the app my Audiologist has to turn something on in my sonnet 1 for it all to work. but she doesn't know what she has to do cause the app isn't in the usa as of now even though i have it.  and it costs me $200 each time i see her and a 2 hr drive.

• HearPeers Heroes

@kblgy

Med-El commented just this week on their FB page that the AudioKey app is not available in the US yet.  If you keep an eye on the Med-El US official FB page or check in with your regional CEM from Med-El, you will know when the app is released in the US.  Then it may also be helpful to confirm with your audiologist that the software has been updated at her clinic to make the necessary change so your Sonnets work with the AudioKey app.

It does get expensive and time consuming.  My CI center is 5 hours away. 

This is what I am doing so I know when to schedule an appt.

How is your AudioLink working for you?  Are you unilateral or bilateral?

• HearPeers Heroes

You know this concerns me. There are certain apps that when I try to download them I get a message that the app is not available in my region. 

I wonder whether when the app is released in the US whether I would benefit from it in Jamaica if I had the AudioLink. It wouldn't be funny if it doesn't. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

At the present time, the AudioKey app is not needed for AudioLink use with Sonnet 1 processors.  The app would allow Sonnet 1 users to access settings we presently use the FineTuner remote to access.

We can use all features of the AudioLink with Sonnet 1 processors without the AudioKey app.

However I hope you don’t encounter this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ran into the same problem. I had asked my audiologist and Medel rep about the Audio link before buying it and nobody mentioned that I would need to have them make a small adjustment to my processor. I received the audio link today. I will now need to make an appointment with my audiologist for which there is a 3 week waiting list and it is over the Christmas holidays - it doesn’t look like I will have it operational before the middle of the new year. I did not see anything in the manual or sales descriptions about this. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ewan

hmmm...I did not need to have any adjustments made to my Sonnet 1 processors to use my AudioLink.

Med-El mentioned a need to update the Sonnet for the AudioKey app functions but the app is not yet available in the US.

@MED-EL Moderator Can you help clarify this for us?  

Thanks Mary Beth. I have gotten the mic to work and then I realized that although you can stream music from the phone/tablet - that it is with a cable and it does not perform like the Quattro. You cannot listen to sound directly or videos - would that be correct?  The audio cable appears to have one end to connect with the audio link and the other end is a female connection - I am not sure how this connects to the phone/tablet. AudioKey seems to be available in Canada - I have downloaded the APP - I just can’t connect due to the processor update.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ewan

To listen to music/audiobooks through the AudioLink, we have 2 options.

1) use a A2DP converter app in the background on your device (I do not like the sound quality when doing this.)

2) use the cables.  Use two of the cables in the AudioLink box.  One plugs into the AudioLink 2.5 jack and the second one connects that to your headphone jack.

I will be interested in reading your experiences with the AudioKey app.

I was fortunate to get an appointment to have audiokey set up and will let you know in a few days. Thank your reponses above - they were helpful.

• 8 months later...

Dear fellow CI users. This problem still exists in Belgium. I recently purchased an audio link, but I cannot link my CI with audio key. My audiologist doesn't know what minor adjustment she has to make ...

Listening to the TV works. (My Sonnet 1 does link to the audio link.) It would just be nice to be able to leave the remote at home ...

Is there more news about this in the meantime?

Friendly Regards and keep on hearing,
Joos

• HearPeers Heroes

@soojjan

I believe the Sonnet 1 connects to the AudioKey app through the AudioLink whereas the Sonnet 2 connects with the AudioKey app directly.  

Is that what you have been told too?

https://www.medel.com/support/product-support/accessories/audiolink/audiolink_audiokey

5 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@soojjan

I believe the Sonnet 1 connects to the AudioKey app through the AudioLink whereas the Sonnet 2 connects with the AudioKey app directly.  

Is that what you have been told too?

https://www.medel.com/support/product-support/accessories/audiolink/audiolink_audiokey

That is correct Mary Beth, 

But as indicated above, the Sonnet 1 has problems linking with the Audio Key (true Audiolink) and the audiologist has to make a small adjustment to the processor.
Unfortunately, my audiologist does not know enough about this.
Calling, watching TV, listening to music are all possible and very helpful!

translation print screen:
audio processor: configuration not valid.

Audio processor is not configured for use with audio key. (contact your audiologist)

Did contact my audiologist already...:)

Schermfoto 2020-08-21 om 00.22.19.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@soojjan

Oh yes that is correct.  I had to choose whether I wanted my Sonnet 1 to keep working with my FineTuner remote or work with the AudioKey app through the AudioLink.  I chose to keep using the FineTuner.

This is what Med-El US told me....

Since the AudioKey App functions as your remote control, you will have to decide if you want to use the App or the current fine tuner as your remote control.  In order to use the AudioKey App, your audiologist does have to make a change in the map, which will render your current fine tuner remote unusable. 

Maybe @MED-EL Moderator can help explain what change in the MAP is required to use the AudioKey app with Sonnet 1.

I am glad you like your AudioLink.

15 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@soojjan

Oh yes that is correct.  I had to choose whether I wanted my Sonnet 1 to keep working with my FineTuner remote or work with the AudioKey app through the AudioLink.  I chose to keep using the FineTuner.

This is what Med-El US told me....

Since the AudioKey App functions as your remote control, you will have to decide if you want to use the App or the current fine tuner as your remote control.  In order to use the AudioKey App, your audiologist does have to make a change in the map, which will render your current fine tuner remote unusable. 

Maybe @MED-EL Moderator can help explain what change in the MAP is required to use the AudioKey app with Sonnet 1.

I am glad you like your AudioLink.

Thank you for this info Mary Beth, I'll go with that to my audiologist.

I like it indeed, especially in meetings it is very helpful!

• HearPeers Heroes

@soojjan

Do you have one or two CIs?

I have issues with the AudioLink disconnecting from one or the other of my 2 CIs.  I’m wondering if you have any tips that may help?

37 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@soojjan

Do you have one or two CIs?

I have issues with the AudioLink disconnecting from one or the other of my 2 CIs.  I’m wondering if you have any tips that may help?

Only one, my left ear was operated successfully last year due otosclerosis. so hopefully I c'ant help you and stays it with 1 CI... :) 

I would think you need a different Audiolink with a switch button between the CIs. Possibly Something to Think About Me-Del !?