Awesome resource for tech just updated by Jeff Campagna

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Jeff Campagna works for Med-El US and has a Med-El CI.  He has presented my most favorite Med-El US event...  Hands On Hearing workshops.

When Med-El US used to offer these wonderful and free workshops, Jeff and his team would teach about various Med-El accessories and various third party accessories that enable us to hear our best.  There was a very valuable hands on component to these workshops when Jeff and his team would work with the attendees and let the attendees try the devices.

Oftentimes you would hear WOW!  or see tears of happiness as people discovered how well they could hear using these options.

I attended 4 of these workshops (2 on two separate days).  Raleigh NC where @Angie and I got to meet in person.  Smile.  And NYC.  

Such wonderful events that helped so many people.  I wish they were still offered.  There is definitely a need.

Jeff updated his guides for using 

AudioLink

A2DP converter app

Roger Pen

Roger Select

Roger MyLink neckloop receiver

Roger X and Roger 21 for Sonnet 1 & 2

Here is the link

http://www.handsonhearing.com/index.php/resources

@Mary Beth,  Where’s the thumbs up button when you need it.  😂.  But how well I remember this event, having the chance to finally meet you in person.  I believe this May will make it four years ago.  Just wow!  Great meeting others as well. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Have you told Med-El USA that there is still a need for such workshops? I sure would love to attend one. I would like to try out the Roger Table Mic and the Roger Select before buying one. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I have.  Med-El US stopped offering the true HOH workshops that were presented by Jeff and included his team awhile ago.  It is unfortunate.

If you come to the ALDAcon in October, I will bring whatever tech I own that you are interested in testing out and you can test it.  I have the Roger Select but I do not have the Roger Table Mic.  I am not sure if the Roger Table Mic was part of Jeff’s HOH workshops either.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I have a Phonak pdf that does an excellent job of showing the various transmitters for adults.  If you message me your email, I will forward it to you.

9 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jewel

I have a Phonak pdf that does an excellent job of showing the various transmitters for adults.  If you message me your email, I will forward it to you.

You guys and dolls have so many devices, even if the phonak kit worked for cochlear, it is so expensive. 

The other day I was shown a telecoil set, just 2 loops to stick behind your ears. 

Worked really well when plugged into my cell phone. Only 300 rand. 

We have had a presentation of all the latest kit recently, it was done by the group that market the cochlear brand. I wasn't able to go. 

Peter 

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

Yes those are silhouettes.  My set is called Music Links. I prefer the Artone BT neckloop but my friend @MallaRuth likes her music links.

Med-El CI processors have great telecoils. This gives us the opportunity to use many terrific third party devices easily.

The Phonak Roger equipment is very expensive.  In the US, we can not purchase directly from Phonak do we must go through an audiologist which makes it even more expensive.  Lots of people who want Roger equipment choose to order it internationally at a much reduced price.

The Phonak Roger does work for all three brands of CIs used in the US.  We have students with all 3 brands successfully using Roger equipment in school.  Some brands are simpler than others with Roger receivers, but all brands work with Roger.

Great information, and very helpful.

I also read the Audiolink manual. The max range is 9 feet, so it seems the FM would be a better choice for many sports. I guess alsoI did not know the max range was 9 feet. I assume that is why the Audiolink is not suitable for school use. What do you think, Mary Beth?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Melissa

The biggest benefit of Roger for school use is its multiple mics which use beamforming and its adaptive mic technology that adjusts the gain based on environmental noise levels.  Technically, Roger is not an FM System since it uses a digital sub network connection but many people in schools still call it an FM since they are used to that terminology.

I mention it because old FM technology was able to broadcast further and did not rely on line of sight.  Of course, the sound quality and mic technology is way better in Roger than the old FM.

Roger Touchscreen Mic is the Cadillac in the Roger System for school use.  A terrific  Roger transmitter.