Lost Rondo 2

DncTchr2

Well, it did not take long...just 4 weeks activated (bilateral) and one of my Rondo 2s fell off yesterday. Retraced my steps twice with no luck...in the event that I am able to replace it, what are your best suggestions for keeping from losing them? Was trying to think of a way to label them with contact info, since if someone just finds it, they would have no idea what it is (where with a hearing aid, they may be more apt to turn it in, knowing what it is)...so bummed!  :( 

When I first started wearing my Rondo 2 I used the clip that attached to a shirt collar but I found having the wire flop around the back of my neck aggravating. So I switched and use the hair clip ((you should have received both in your welcome kit). At first it was a little strange, being a guy and using a hair clip, but it’s better than the alternative I.e. what happened to you. 

I tether mine to my shirt collar. I too was bothered by the tether flopping on my neck. I found  that if I moved th clip to the opposite side of my collar it reduced the flopping to a level that it no longer bothered me. I do not have hair to use the hair clip. If the occasion allows I wear a ball cap over the Rondo2. That seems to help hold it in place. I believe Med El has an asessary called grip wear to help hold it in place. I have not tried that.

Thank you both...I will need to look through my boxes...I did not see anything...left my number everywhere I was yesterday, but no one has called...I got Sonnet 2s too, so I will be making due with those for a while...I like the sonnets, just like options too...

• HearPeers Heroes

I use the hair clip too.  It doesn't look as cool, but as John noted, you also don't lose your processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

@DncTchr2

I am so sorry to hear this.  We have one time loss through Med-El.  Check with your customer service rep.

There are great mini labels I use on my items.  I do not know if they would be okay to use on the Rondo 2 due to its charging method.  Check with Med-El .

My first name and phone number fit on these.  They are still going strong 5 years later.

https://www.kiddotags.com/mini-slim-clothing-tags.html

@MED-EL Moderator  Is it okay to put these adhesive labels on Rondo 2 processors?  If not, any suggestions to how we can label them in case they are lost?

Hi @Mary Beth

since these adhesive labels are not produced by MED-EL, our product expers cannot give an official recommendation to use them on RONDO 2, but they don't expect any issues when using it. 

Best regards, Verena 

I wear two Rondo 2 CI's. However, they came with only one hair clip, because one was supposed to be a back up.  Anyway in October, when I was in downtown Portland, the weather got windy and blustery and I somehow lost one of my processors. Ironically it was the one I had clipped in my hair! MedEl replaced it, I ordered the second clip and am clipping both in place. If it's really windy, I have a loose-fitting lightweight hat I put on.

Thank you Anita and Mary Beth...I will reach out to my rep this week and I will look in to the labels...love this group...progress has been great overall...struggling with the sound of traffic and background noises in restaurants, but word recognition has improved immensely...forcing myself to listen to music as much as possible...oh so grateful for your time and input...have a beautiful Tuesday... ❤️ 

• 2 months later...

I lost my Rhondo2 and spent a crazed couple of weeks, running around posting "lost" signs, checking stores , pacing up and down the dog park, (pre-covic 19) etc. I finally found it: because it has a magnet,  it attached to an old metal item I'd been carrying and never thought to check.  Whew!  But now I'm totally paranoid about losing it (especially with a face mask) and not wearing it. Tsk, I know,  ....and of course having others cover their mouths...staying home mostly.  

But here is part of the problem:  I lost one of the little plastic leashes to attach it to my hair, which worked fine (i'm female) but the other one broke.  So now I have nothing.  I contacted MedEl and after a communication struggle, found out that I could only purchase ($$) a set of 4, of which only two are the short little  kind I would use.  Hmmm...thought about trying to fashion some out of fishing line but haven't  done it.   Don't know if there is someone out there that uses the clip-to shirt kind and would like to do a trade.   I can't see paying that much and having 2 go to waste.

Advice?  

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi all, I hope you are fine these days.

@Forrest I have Rondo (no Rondo 2), I think that the keeping system to avoud Rondo's mantain near you if the decided "to fly" is something different, however I share it. I use the loop and clip. Here are the thread where we talk about it (scroll down to 7 reply). It's very simple and effective. I replace the line every 4-6 month for security and use the small alligator that came with Rondo.Pay attention that I use glasses all the day, so it's easy to apply.