Tether breaks easily

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Rondo 2 users.....

many people have commented that the secure line breaks easily on the Rondo 2.  Which part of the line breaks....the small circles at the ends or the thin line in between?

@MED-EL Moderator  Is there a new tether option for Rondo 2 yet?

Hi @Mary Beth

thanks for your question. I will check with our product experts and get back to you soon :)

Best regards, Verena 

Hi @Mary Beth, I've got an answer from our product experts for you. 

Yes, the new, improved RONDO 2 attachment option is available now, however, if it is already available in your country depends on your local area. So it's best to check with them about the availability of the latest attachment option :) 

Best regards, Verena 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

That's good news @MED-EL Moderator

My ears are small and can't manage the Sonnet along the mask. So I have been using Rondo2 mostly, without the tether. 

18 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@MED-EL Moderator

Terrific!

Will you please post a link to a picture of it?

Thanks!

@Jewel

@Sheila Vieira

@Joan

Hi @Mary Beth - this is the new attachment clip - you can find details also on the RONDO  product catalogue on our website (https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/product-catalogue

Best regards, Barbara 

image.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Thanks Barbara.  I saw that but thought it was a picture of the original tether.

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

I'm disappointed that this is the new attachment. It still uses a silicone tether, which I find breaks in the middle. I don't want something to clip onto my top. I thought we would get something to clip to the hair with a different type of tether. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I am confused too.  The part that is breaking so easily looks the same.

• HearPeers Heroes

Here are pics of the original Rondo 2 attachment options (hair and clothes)

and

the Rondo 1 attachment options (hair and clothes)

@Jewel the small alligator clip is the hair attachment clip for Rondo 1.

But the part of the Rondo 2 attachment line that keeps breaking so easily looks the same as before.  Maybe something has changed with it that we can not see in the pictures to make it stronger and less prone to breaking?

B32AF954-40CA-4DE0-ADD2-6B590CDB8270.jpeg

22984B63-A9B2-41F5-BA4A-FB3814AC2A00.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth So we would be wearing a small alligator clip in our hair with the Rondo2? That sounds like something that would give me split ends. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I think we can opt to replace that small alligator clip with any hair clip or wig clip we prefer.  We just undo the loop attachment to that small alligator clip. 

But I am still confused about the actual tether.  It looks the same as the one that everyone keeps talking about that breaks too easily.  It seems useless to have a security line that breaks easily.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I'm wondering whether Med-El is getting accurate feedback about the tether. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Any chance you still have yours that broke and can post a picture?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

So many Rondo 2 users are talking about this same problem with the tether breaking so easily, maybe someone else here in HPs will post a picture.

• HearPeers Heroes

I broke one (one of the collar clip long ones) by catching it in the zipper to my travel case, and one of the short ones for hair clips by catching the clip on a table edge and pulling kind of hard (what, me lack patience?).  I don't really think either one counts against the tether because I abused them.  I've thought about this and am not sure - I mean, @Jewel - what is it that you don't like, the material?  The thing about that is that silicone is relatively strong and I like having a stretchy material.  I don't know what else you could use.  Urethane maybe, but I think it would stretch less.  A lot of people seem to put fishing line on the clips, and that would be fine if you can get a good knot and you don't mind the lack of stretch.

Just musing over what else could be used....

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I only got one tether for the hairclip in my kit and it served me well for 1.5 years. I don't know how it just broke in two unexpectedly. 

So I would have expected it to still be intact since I didn't mishandle it. I was hoping for something that is my hair colour so if people see it in my hair they don't go pull for it. 

• HearPeers Heroes
23 hours ago, Jewel said:

@Mary Featherston

I only got one tether for the hairclip in my kit and it served me well for 1.5 years. I don't know how it just broke in two unexpectedly. 

So I would have expected it to still be intact since I didn't mishandle it. I was hoping for something that is my hair colour so if people see it in my hair they don't go pull for it. 

It floors me that people are that rude.  I'm almost afraid to ask - no package yet?

• HearPeers Heroes

One CI user had this horrifying experience while riding the subway system in her city....

A person getting off the train, grabbed the CI off of her head on purpose on the way off the train!

She thinks he thought it was a BT System!

Yikes!