Sonnet 2 battery preference POLL

Mary Beth

Sonnet 2 battery preference POLL  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which batteries do you prefer to use with Sonnet 2?

• Standard rechargeable battery
    • Micro rechargeable battery
    • Disposable implant batteries

• HearPeers Heroes

Do you prefer using standard rechargeable batteries, micro rechargeable batteries or disposable implant batteries with your Sonnet 2?

Scroll up and enter in the poll

• HearPeers Heroes

Moving this poll to the top of recent activity so members see it.  Scroll up to add your info to the poll.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I use both!! When I was in office for work I would use the disposable batteries because they lasted a lot longer and I didn’t have to time when to change them. I also use disposables when I have a long day away from home like to my audiologist appointments. Now, I’ve been using the rechargeable batteries because I’m home and it doesn’t matter when the batteries die 🤣

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L.

I think I set this poll up so people who use both can select both options.  Let me know if that doesn’t work.

• Like 2

I use both disposables and the rechargeables. If I am going to be at home all day I will use rechargeables. If it is going to be a busy day I will use the disposables or my Rondo 2. I know Rondo 2 is not part of this poll but that is really my preference over sonnet 2 due to battery management. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tommy C

You can select both rechargeable and disposable for Sonnet 2 in this poll.

19 hours ago, Megan L. said:

I use both!!

I use both, too. But I PREFER using rechargeables ;)

When I had my surgery for my second implant I switched to disposable. Because they last for at least 2 days and I didn't know if the rechargeables will run out of power immediatelly after waking up from surgery.

Btw. is there a way in this forum to view the members who already have voted? On other famous forums this is possible.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dani

The ability to view the members who participated in the poll is a setting that is or is not selected when any member creates a poll.  On these new polls about batteries, I chose to have the poll not display names.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Moving this poll to the top of recent activity so members see it.  Scroll up to add your info to the poll.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to pair the Sonnet 2 with the AudioKey app? I see the AudioLink but for some reason it can't find the Sonnet 2 . . . thanks all!

It Keeps saying "Failed to read" but shows the AudioLink is connected

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

Can you have your device forget the Sonnet 2 pairing and then pair it again?

I think I tried that, I'll ask Alyssa at MedEl tomorrow its super strange, too bad I didn't know earlier I was at my most recent mapping session, could have had my audiologist figure it out!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

When you get it fixed, let us know how you fixed it in case it happens to someone else.

Looks like you were right all along just having the iPhone forget then do the pairing was all I needed although I thought I had thanks!

• 1 month later...

We’ve done this and more with the audiologists at Medel, and even had them check with the engineers, only to be unable to pair any of my sons’ 4 Sonnet 2s to the audiokey.  Only audiolink shows up.  Audiostream is working and paired but audiokey will not work, so it is an unusable app for them.  Multiple attempts with their iPhones, forgetting devices, using cellular instead of WiFi, and many other ideas were tried.  I’m beginning to think the internals are the problem.  I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

@Momtocikids

Do your kids use FineTuner or FineTuner Echo as remote control? This is something their audiologist has to configure within Sonnet. If they use the latter then AudioKey should work. If they use FineTuner (w/o "Echo") then Audiokey can't be activated for use. In this case AudioKey is only working in combo with AudioLink. At least this is my state of knowledge.

• 10 months later...

Interesting question! It's been sort of an adjustment going from changing batteries from once/twice a week for 30+ years, to once/twice a day now! LOL. I've been using both options: rechargeable during the week and disposable during the weekends.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I noticed on a post somewhere that you can get disposable batteries paid for by your insurance if you go through Med-El? Does that still apply, if so, how does that work?

• HearPeers Heroes

@R.J.

It depends on your insurance.  My insurance works with Med-El quarterly battery shipments.  Just contact your CSR at Med-El US and ask him/her to check for you.