Strange thing happened today

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

So today I wore my Rondo 2 upside down as it seemed that I was hearing clearer with it in that position. Now I'm in a Zoom meeting and the voices weren't as crisp as I'm accustomed to. So I switched to my Sonnet and to my surprise, the Sonnet magnet would not connect to the implant inside my head! This has never happened to me before. 

So I had to go back to the Rondo2. It was so scary. I'm not sure what happened. I hope my Sonnet will be able to attach to head tomorrow. 

Anyone ever experienced this? 

Try to rotate the Rondo while attached back to the upright 12 o'clock position. Then remove and try to attach sonnet.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

At activation for the 2nd side, the Sonnet 2 magnet would not connect due to the magnet being too weak and all my hair. It didn’t matter how much I moved my hair it wouldn’t connect. My audiologist even tried. I actually asked him if there was a magnet in there 🤣 
Have you tried connecting your Sonnet since your Zoom meeting?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L.I tried to put on the Sonnet during the Zoom meeting but the magnet couldn't find anything in my head to stick to! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

So strange! And the rondo is completely fine when you take it off and put it on? And rotate it all around?

@Jewel the magnet under you head skin probably rotated out of position with the upsidedown Rondo. Will need to be realigned.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

if your rondo is upside down right now, try turning it right side up and see if that works 👍

If the Rondo is attached upside down, rotate it to the upright position while it is attached then move it to the 2 o'clock position and then back past 12 o'clock to 10 o'clock, then back to 12 o'clock. It should then be aligned. 

I am no expert on this subject but I believe that I was told that the magnet inside your head can move and the procedure that I mentioned above is the alignment procedure. If the magnet alignment is not your problem then please disregard what I said.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I have read about and used both of these ways to realign the internal magnet.

Easiest to do with your Rondo 2.

1). Place the Rondo 2 on your head with the top at 12:00.  While connected to your head turn the Rondo 2 to the 4:00 and then back to the 8:00 position and return to 12:00 position.  You may feel the internal magnet realign or hear a sound.  (Some say use 10:00 and 2:00 positions instead.)

2) Place the Rondo 2 on your head and while attached rotate it 360 degrees.  Start and stop with the top at 12:00

Keep us posted.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth thanks. I just removed the Rondo 2 and saw that I had attached it in the upright position. I put the Sonnet on my head and it attached ok and I could hear from it. Does that mean the magnet is now realigned or do I have to do what you or Tommy suggested to ensure that it is fully aligned?

Thanks @Tommy Cand @Megan L.. I was freaking out! 

@Jewel 

I am glad that you got it to work. I have had to realign mine several times. I have tried to put it on when I got up of the morning and instead of attaching it repelled, making attachment impossible.  So I just do the realignment procedure periodically to make sure there is proper alignment. My audiologist insist that I use a very weak magnet, so I have a lot of trouble with the Rondo falling off. I have this problem mostly early in the day. My theory is after a night's sleep my internal magnet moved a little. Realignment seems to help that situation some. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I am glad it is sorted out.  I periodically do the realignment.  It’s quick, painless and ensures that the magnets are perfectly aligned so I hear my best.

• 2 weeks later...