Comparison of AudioKey2 app and FineTuner Echo

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

EDITED VERSION ATTACHED

At today’s GoogleMeet members stated they wished there was a comparison of features between the FineTuner Echo and AudioKey2 app.

@MED-EL Moderator do you have one we can see a link to?  If not, will you check the one I made to see if it is correct?  Thank you.

(Click on the pic to see a clearer image that lets us zoom in)

@Joan

@Lauren

@Tim

@Dianna

@Kylie

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Kirk S.

@Mary Jo Strickland

@Gerda

@Ralph34

@Hila

@Bill C

@Andrew42

ED4EDD4C-A51E-4D72-8035-4E088FD522C5.jpeg

FineTuner Echo vs AudioKey2.pdf

Wondering if this is something that has to be activated by an audiologist at mappings, but I have the monitoring mode in my AudioKey2 app. 

CFEE5F43-7136-44EC-AA0A-082BC9D1AEAB.thumb.png.98f04548937b00f972ad3f41798e2298.png

Wondering if there’s other things (aside from Programs) that the audiologists have to activate for users too. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @Lauren

I will make that correction and change the above pic

Hi @Mary Beth,

thank you for sharing such a comparison. 

Our product experts said the app does not show if the battery is low for SONNET 2. It only shows the battery levels of RONDO 3 and AudioLink. The rest is correct!

Kind Regards,
Giulia

• Members

@Mary Beth Thanks for putting together that table!

I'm not seeing a battery indicator on my Rondo 3 in AudioKey 2.  Perhaps I'm missing something.  The picture shows my current display on AudioKey 2 (2.0.6) on an Android phone with a Rondo 3.  No battery indicator - it did show me my Audiolink battery when I was using that for connecting to AudioKey 2. 

As long as I was doing a screen capture, I thought I would show how it would be nice to add context sensitive help so I showed what it could like.  (Wording of context sensitive help could be improved - maybe pulled from the manual.)

Again, like other things - I know some things may become second nature with practice but perhaps some people never appreciate that they could change settings or what it really means to change things. 

Also interesting to see how it looks different for unilateral vs. bilateral users.  Thanks for posting your screen @Lauren

Untitled presentation.png

Battery Status:

84AC5091-404F-4881-970B-B002372B7D4C.thumb.png.6862942fea692a6ad284929894f30be9.png

Options to change both sides or un-link to change just one. I’m newly Bilateral and really like having that option available. 

A6AD3D85-1DF6-40E2-AA7B-7EC5C20B7605.thumb.png.f35568bde59945d6b377091b4c69625e.png

BF6713E2-1221-4612-86C9-240A66C7952D.thumb.png.44607fe47c98ea61c6812d13bda68fff.png

• Like 2

• Members

@Lauren   Thanks!  I see that now.  A little inconsistent that it requires clicking on the processor to show the battery status but no clicking needed for the AudioLink battery status.  I like that doing this gives rich information on %remaining and estimated hours remaining which is a nice way to estimate battery life!

I just read through Rondo 3 battery life poll thread again now that I finally have a Rondo 3. Much more informative now! I saw that you use a Qi charger at work for the Rondo 3.

I have a wireless Qi charging pad for my phone at work so just placed the rondo on it for a while and got a sufficient charge on it so I was ok for the remainder of the day. 

That was the first time I remember hearing that a Qi charger worked for the Rondo 3!  That is great. I don't see any mention of this though in the Med-El material like the website for the Rondo 3.  Where did you hear about this or did you just give it a try and it worked?

If it is officially supported, I will definitely get a charger pad for the office.  It would be nice to do just a quick little top off while in the office.  In general lithium ion batteries shouldn't be fully drained so even a 5 or 10 charge supplement might help long term battery life  a little. Along the same lines, slow charging generally is easier on the battery and helps with long term life and we may need to be nursing it along to get 5 years out of it. 

Just divide Time Remaining by % remaining.  I have .66 remaining, 12:10 Hours:Minutes so 18:26 hour:minutes of estimated battery life.  Nice and easy to do an estimate.  I just added a sheet to my running google sheet workbook of hearing information.

By the way,  your screen capture of Rondo 3 battery life gives 17:22 and 16:29 for estimated battery life. 

My battery life will probably go down with a real map rather than just the initial weak activation settings. Also I do more streaming at home so I'll probably wait until this weekend to log my poll results.

I'm going to try keeping a simple spreadsheet with periodic logging of amount remaining and estimated time remaining.  Not as detailed as @Andrew42 though.  Will be curious to see what happens to battery life after tomorrow's appointment (first followup after activation.)

@Tim I had found this and Qi meant to me that it’s compatible with any Qi charging pad. I use the one specifically made for the Rondo as the main one and only use my others if there’s a need to. I also have one mini battery pack and the on-the-go charging cable, but only one of each as I started out bimodal in 2021 and almost 2 months ago now am bilateral  

Link: https://www.medel.pro/products/rondo3

screenshot:

694EB797-8DD3-4667-A8DB-305D87E3C2E3.thumb.png.eddc2efdb95a9a03c52051fa7c8d6db0.png

21 minutes ago, Tim said:

By the way,  your screen capture of Rondo 3 battery life gives 17:22 and 16:29 for estimated battery life. 

Yes it’s normal to fluctuate based on individual maps and magnet strength. I asked my audiologist who advised that as long as the time and % isn’t way off it’s normal. Mine normally fluctuates by an hour (or less) in the estimated time remaining. 

• Members

@Lauren That is one of the most surprising pieces of info that I've read in HearPeers. Interesting that it is in the Pro page but not the consumer-oriented one. 

I assumed since I never saw mention of Qi charging, they just created their own inductive charging protocol early in the development cycle before Qi started to take off.  I see the Pro page for the Rondo 2 even mentions Qi charging. 

Now I want to go through the Pro pages again to see what else I might have overlooked.

Do you find the QI charger is as sensitive to misalignment as people say about the Air Charge. 

That really relieves my "charge anxiety" about the Rondo 3.  As an SSD user, I can picture taking it off for a quick supplemental charge at my desk during a break at work and then it being able to last the rest of the day.  Maybe a Qi charger for the car too although I don't know if would stay in place in a car setting.

Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tim

@Roy figured out a novel way to ensure his Rondos stayed positioned correctly on the air charger while sailing

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Roy said:

And here it is again! (Patent pending 😉😞

8188029A-A253-4AD1-A6A4-F4F165AFCBCD.thumb.jpeg.7c8dfe7af2bbde236f650b41102ee7cf.jpeg

Patent pending... LOL...

I don't understand how these things happen...

@Tim depends which charger I’m using but sometimes it’s finicky and I can only place one on a Qi charger at a time. I’m always having charging issues as I live in AK so we have frequent earthquakes that can dislodge them. I also have kitties that sound like a herd of elephants when they are having some zoomies. I keep my processors secured from paws and claws but if they jump onto the storage place they can easily dislodge the Rondos. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Just a suggestion…..

There are a number of CI users who are commenting that they never knew how to refresh the processors in AudioKey2 after each MAPping so instead have been deleting paired processors and then starting over thereby removing all their statistics. It could be very helpful to post how to do this (and the need to do this) on Med-El’s FaceBook page to help users.

• Like 2

• Members
2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

deleting paired processors and then starting over thereby removing all their statistics.

Interesting.  I assumed "My Stats" was for me and whatever processors/connections I was using.  Effectively "My Stats with My Implant."  Instead it seems like it is "My Stats on Processor".

Perfect timing for this advice since I have an Audi meeting this afternoon - I'll take note to just go to my profile, then from the triple dot in upper right corner, click, "Refresh audio processor data."

Tim

• Like 2

• Members

I wonder if I messed up "My Stats" when I did a 1:1 with MedEl.  I was trying to switch to direct processor connection in AudioKey 2 instead of using my AudioLink.  They had me remove the AudioLink from AudioKey 2 and then I had no processors listed in my AudioKey 2. 

Maybe that reset my listening hours but not days so the next day when I checked "My Stats" it had the number of days right but not the time used giving me much lower daily average use than it should have been.  It is gradually climbing now as perhaps the lost 4 days of time gradually gets swamped out (My average daily use  yesterday said 2.8 hours and is now up to 4.4 even though I've been using it about 16 hours a day.) 

I now have both the Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3 listed in my AudioKey 2 and know how to switch correctly between them. 

Just takes practice. 

Tim

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tim

I am glad the Med-El US audiologist helped you directly connect both processor types to the AudioKey2 app.

AudioKey2 has the option to connect via AudioLink ONLY to allow Sonnet 1 users to use the app as a remote if they wish to after their audiologist sets that up for them.  It is the way Med-El bridged access to the app for Sonnet 1 users since the app did not exist when we got our Sonnet 1 processors.