September 2023 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth for Med-El CI users, their families and those considering a Med-El CI

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@TechnoMonoCo

The only one that I host which is scheduled at this time is Sept 24.

The one following that will not be scheduled until the Sept 24 GoogleMeet is completed.

Just keep your eye on the forum where it gets posted when scheduled.  Or you can easily search the forum after Sept 24th for the word “October” in a post title and it should show up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 5:20 AM, Mary Beth said:

Checking to see if any of the following members want to attend the September 24th GoogleMeet.  Just reply below.

First time participants are always welcome.

@Dianna  

@Ralph34  

@Heather W  

@Theo  

@Betsy  

@JackieB  

@ERW  

@Kirk S.  

@Enegra

@Andrew42  

@Mary Jo Strickland

Hoping to be there, Mary Beth.

• HearPeers Heroes

Updated

Invites to the September 24th HP GoogleMeet will go to the following members.  No need to reply.  You are on the list.

@Mary Beth  

@Kylie  

@Joan  

@Lauren  

@Dave in Pittsburgh  

@JoceSky  

@Roy  

@Anne N  

@Mary G. Weaver  

@Anthony Canada  

@Addey   FIRST TIME

@Andrew42  

@Dianna  

@Mary Jo Strickland  

@Theo  

• HearPeers Heroes

@NathalieM

Welcome to HearPeers.  I see you are from Canada, right?  We have Canadians in our monthly GoogleMeet.

Check the top right menu for the envelope icon in a moment and we will get you set up for the invite.

Feel free to introduce yourself here in the forum and ask questions.  We are a friendly group.

Thank you Mary Beth!  I was doing research on CI forums just last night and came across this great one - you ARE a great friendly group and love this!

Yes, I’m Canadian from Windsor, Ontario, have lived in both Quebec and British Columbia (also bilingual - that is French & English). I was born hearing impaired in both ears with malformed/enlarged vestibular aqueduct syndrome and have worn hearing aids my whole life. I am a CI recipient and my first one was from 18 years ago (2005) in my right ear and currently wear the SONNET. I have just been approved for a CI in my left ear after my audiogram shows a slow, gradual decline in that ear. I'm currently waiting for my final vaccination shots (Meningococcus & Hib) then a date will be set for the surgery (probably November 2023).

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@NathalieM

Thanks for the introduction.  Hearing in balanced bilateral CI ears is amazing!  Glad you joined us!  I look forward to following your journey.

• HearPeers Heroes

Updated

Invites to the September 24th HP GoogleMeet will go to the following members.  No need to reply.  You are on the list.

@NathalieM  FIRST TIME

@Mary Beth  

@Kylie  

@Joan  

@Lauren  

@Dave in Pittsburgh  

@JoceSky  

@Roy  

@Anne N  

@Mary G. Weaver  

@Anthony Canada  

@Addey   FIRST TIME

@Andrew42  

@Dianna  

@Mary Jo Strickland  

@Theo  

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I created our temporary Sept GoogleMeet mail.  Please check the top right menu for the envelope icon and respond there by Friday.  Looking forward to our GoogleMeet on Sunday.

BCC test group email to your email accounts will go out soon.  If you do not receive it, please check your spam folder.  If it does not arrive , please let me know.  Thanks.

@NathalieM  FIRST TIME

@Mary Beth  

@Kylie  

@Joan  

@Lauren  

@Dave in Pittsburgh  

@JoceSky  

@Roy  

@Anne N  

@Mary G. Weaver  

@Anthony Canada  

@Addey   FIRST TIME

@Andrew42  

@Dianna  

@Mary Jo Strickland  

@Theo  

• HearPeers Heroes

Excellent chat today!  11 members, including 2 first time participants 

• Like 2

An incredibly insightful meeting and so great to connect with everyone! Sorry I had to get off - some personal things I needed to get to. Look forward to next meet 😁