Newly Activated Users

Emily C.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

No sorry....I use disposable batteries.  So I disconnect the disposable battery pack and let the dry kit have access to that area as well.

The rechargeable battery adapter does also disconnect but I never removed it nightly when I was using rechargeable batteries.

How many hours are your rechargeable batteries lasting?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I synced it but I didn't press a return button. I'm not sure which button you're referring to. 

Idk how my audi didn't show me how to sync. 

• HearPeers Heroes
26 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jewel

this will teach you about your Fine Tuner

https://www.medel.com/support/finetuner

Oh, that's good.  Sorry, @Jewel - I meant the middle button in the top row, the one with the bent arrow like on a return key.  Though looking down at my laptop the Enter key doesn't have a symbol on it at all.

I hope I'm not flashing back to typewriters, that would make me older than dirt.

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jewel

No sorry....I use disposable batteries.  So I disconnect the disposable battery pack and let the dry kit have access to that area as well.

The rechargeable battery adapter does also disconnect but I never removed it nightly when I was using rechargeable batteries.

How many hours are your rechargeable batteries lasting?

@Mary BethI am getting 8 hours so far. 6-7 hours if I use the Roger Pen. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I wonder whether there is any harm separating the rechargeable adapter from the control unit when placing in the dryer nightly. I am thinking if they are separated the dryer would extract the moisture more thoroughly. 

@MED-EL Moderatorcan you please advise? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

When we sync processors to our Fine Tuners, we do not need to press any buttons.

Turn processor off

Place DL-coil magnet on the lower middle section of the Fine Tuner (near the left and right arrows).  It attaches magnetically.

Keep it attached as you turn the processor back on.

You will see your Fine Tuner light up.

You are synced.

• HearPeers Heroes

By the way, I love that our Fine Tuners can work with any processor after being synced.  A friend was able to borrow my Fine Tuner to switch to her adaptive program in a noisy restaurant.  That was helpful.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

When we sync processors to our Fine Tuners, we do not need to press any buttons.

Turn processor off

Place DL-coil magnet on the lower middle section of the Fine Tuner (near the left and right arrows).  It attaches magnetically.

Keep it attached as you turn the processor back on.

You will see your Fine Tuner light up.

You are synced.

Yikes.  This is what comes of having on ONE processor, it's quite a while since I synced it.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

One right side processor and one left side processor can be synced to our Fine Tuner at the same time.

When you get your Rondo 2s, if you switch between them and your Sonnets, you will get practice syncing.  Or you can set one Fine Tuner up for Rondo 2s and the other for Sonnets.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth - I wondered if there weren't a way to sync both left and right side to one Fine Tuner, but I had no reason to ask my audiologist yet!

I imagine I'll do what you suggest - one for Sonnets and one for Rondo2.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I actually just use one for football season and the other for the rest of the year.  My skinits are seasonal....smile.

When our audiologists set a processor for us, it stores whether it is a left or right processor as well as which internal implant it works with.  One left and one right processor may be synced to the same Fine Tuner.

If you want the command to go to both sides, you hit that center button and then the command.  Otherwise you hit left or right and then the command (like T).

You will hear beeps confirming the command was received if your audiologist left those alerting beeps active.

• HearPeers Heroes

Argh, that's the last nonfunctional thing on this forum, the say the names eat the cursor.  Anyway - yes, I get beeps when I change the program.   I was thinking of seasonal skinits, but my thought was the actual climatological seasons, not sports.  ?

Huh... coming back in to see all the chatter about sound quality and syncing, I didn't think of that, or know you could do that with the magnet!  Now I'm musing ahead, wondering when I might get the new Rondo, and knowing how to sync now to be able to use the same remote.  Cool.  Thanks.

I next see my audi in December... curious about the Rondo, curious about the mild 'stings' still get sometimes, and still trying to chug along through the tinny-ness (I hear ya there, @Jewel).  No one commented on that from my last post, but wondering how long any sensitivity lasted for you longer-timers?  I still get a very brief sting on the implant site, or sometimes deep inside, once in a while.  Just wondering how long probably lingers, and I'll ask my audi to make sure okay.

As far as the 'tinny-ness' goes, ugh... yeah.  I know it'll get better!  I do... it just gets mixed sometimes trying to hear digital things like tv/phone/computer sound at all better when it sounds even more digital.  People talk about that eventually smoothing out... sometimes I wonder if they mean the range of sound really does balance out, or with practice, they just plain get 'used' to the high mechanical sound and learn to 'hear' it better.  I mean, it's already better than when I was first turned on, but guess it'll take a while....  just annoying!  I did at least have a couple amusing 'cool, hearing' moments, though!  Today's new sound.... hearing the 'snap crackle pop' of my Rice Krispies.  ;)

I also had a heck of a time with my Roger pen over the weekend!  ? I contribute it to annoying technology, being tired and a bit wound up, and just plain brain fart 'getting it'.  To keep similar thread stories and info together, I posted about that side of things in one of the actual Roger help threads in the ALD category.   Good to see your thoughts, though!  Cheers!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Emily C.

I never experienced any stinging sensations at all.  If it was me, I would contact my audiologist.

Good luck and I hope things become more comfortable for you soon.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:35 AM, Jewel said:

I wonder whether there is any harm separating the rechargeable adapter from the control unit when placing in the dryer nightly. I am thinking if they are separated the dryer would extract the moisture more thoroughly. 

@MED-EL Moderatorcan you please advise? 

Hi @Jewel

I've checked with our experts on this one. They do not recommend separating the adapter from the control unit every day as doing this too often could be more harmful to the processor in the long run. And anyway, the drying process should work efficiently enough without doing this. 

I hope this helps :) 

Kind regards, 

Mary