RONDO GRIPWEAR QUESTION

ChicagoIris

I see that Gripwear is sold in a package of 12.   Can a single one be worn multiple times?  If so,  can you give an approximate number of times?

And does Gripwear  make a big difference in Rondo’s ability to stay on?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @ChicagoIris

I have seen GripWear and a friend uses it on his Rondos to help with it staying on.  I am fortunate that my Rondos stay in place fine.

It’s my understanding that the GripWear adhesive piece stays on for a number of days and then is replaced.  It does help my friend.

Not that long ago Med-El commented on their official FB page that there is now a stronger magnet option for Rondos.  I believe it is magnet strength 5.

Let’s tag @MED-EL Moderator for more information.

Hi @Mary Beth thanks for checking:  yes we do offer magnet strength 5 for RONDO in the US. The US Customer Service team is able to answer any questions you may have. They can be reached at customerservice.us@medel.com or (888) 633 – 3524. 

Kind regards, 

Mary 

• HearPeers Heroes

I looked the the MedEl page for GripWear and it appears to be available not just for Rondo, bat also for the D-Coil and DL-Coil of Sonnets - I have all three, Rondos for both ears, D-Coil R, DL-Coil left.

I have looked into various means to secure the processors and have found several options:

1. Hair clip - that comes with the kit - I don't have enough hair to use this well
  2. Clothes clip - that comes with the kit - unhappy with the clip
  3. Uni or bilateral clips for shirt collar and Sonnets battery cover, some with or without sweatband.
    1. Note: all of the above catch the processors from falling to the ground, but do not secure them to your head.
    2. I bought one from a Poland site and was unhappy with the clip, some I modified it with a Rondo clothes clip
  4. Huggies that clip onto the Sonnet Battery cover and wrap around your ear with a band - can be a bit tight but does secure the processors to your head!
  5. Headbands - I tried it with the Rondos and Waterware. Caveat - if you have to change batteries, plan for some downtime!. But the headbands do secure the processors quite well.
  6. Hats - well I wear many: baseball style, bike helmet, and helmet for construction sites - I am still considering options for each case, but the headband seems the easiest and simplest option - and most comfortable.

Joe

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Are your Sonnet coils not staying in place or is this just a Rondo problem?

I am not sure if this is an option, but Med-El added a magnet strength 5 for Rondos.

I use a stronger magnet strength with my Rondos than with my Sonnets or OPUS 2s.  My Rondos stay in place.

• HearPeers Heroes

Actually mostly for my Sonnets simply b/c I wear them most often

Ive had some skin irritation problems so my AuD suggested and moved me to a 1

The Rond is 3 or 4 i believe but I rarely wear them.

I prefer the Sonnets b/c of the 2 mics and Automatic Sound Management 2.0 (ASM 2.0)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

I would definitely need a headband if I had to use magnet strength 1 in my D and DL coils.

Have you found a headband that is comfortable?  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

I remember reading a post by a user who had success using thin moleskin in between her coil and her head.  Maybe ask your audiologist about that?

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jdashiell

I would definitely need a headband if I had to use magnet strength 1 in my D and DL coils.

Have you found a headband that is comfortable?  

Yes I got the MedEl headband for the Rondo, it has pockets to hold the Rondo. I’ve used it with the Sonnets too

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jdashiell

I remember reading a post by a user who had success using thin moleskin in between her coil and her head.  Maybe ask your audiologist about that?

I earned of using moleskin for the sonnet processor as it can get to irritate the ear - I don’t have noticeable irritation at the coils, only at the ears

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

oh I had misunderstood.  I thought the skin irritation was at the skin flap area since your magnet strength was decreased.  That’s good to know that your skin flap area is fine.

There are many headband designs on Etsy for holding CI processors, like Sonnets, off of children’s ear’s yet still in the correct orientation for the dual mics to work properly.  You may be able to contact one of the vendors and ask for a headband in your size.  Maybe they would use musical notes in the fabric to match your design.  Smile.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

Until today I've only used my rondo with water wear and I had the finishing line attached to the water wear

I'm trying to attach the line to the rondo (2 tiny holes on the side of the processor) without success

Can't really find a good tool for this task 

Any suggestions/ resource link would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki it doesn't sound as though you popped off the mic cover.  Have you?  The whole top of Rondo2 is a mic cover and it's easily removed, just stick your fingernail in down by the cable port and pop it off.  Once you do there's a little post for the end of the tether.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

I can not find a Med-El video showing how to attach that line.  The Rondo guide just shows you feeding the line into one hole and it pops out the other hole but many people have commented that it is difficult to do this.  In fact @Jdashiell joked that this was the reason for grandchildren.

@MED-EL Moderator Is there a video showing how to attach the secure line to the Rondo 1 processor?

18 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Nikki

I can not find a Med-El video showing how to attach that line.  The Rondo guide just shows you feeding the line into one hole and it pops out the other hole but many people have commented that it is difficult to do this.  In fact @Jdashiell joked that this was the reason for grandchildren.

@MED-EL Moderator Is there a video showing how to attach the secure line to the Rondo 1 processor?

Lol @Jdashiellhad the right idea! I was thinking I need teeny-tiny hands for the task!   Nice to see there's better solution with the rondo 2 where the line sits comfortably under the mic cover. 

You're right,  been looking for the vid but couldn't find.   

Thanks for the comment and hope @MED-EL Moderatorcan help "fish" it. 

30 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

@Nikki it doesn't sound as though you popped off the mic cover.  Have you?  The whole top of Rondo2 is a mic cover and it's easily removed, just stick your fingernail in down by the cable port and pop it off.  Once you do there's a little post for the end of the tether.

My Audi showed me that on rondo 2 activation yesterday .  All is good at rondo 2 department.  The question is in Rondo topic.  Just the good old rondo.   Thanks tho.  P.s.  feels light today :)

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Ah, sorry, @Nikki you're right, I missed the absence of the 2.  I'm sure @Mary Beth knows how to attach the tether to Rondo though.

• HearPeers Heroes

Liberated ears!  Exciting right?

Makes me want to have a Rondo day tomorrow too!

• HearPeers Heroes
14 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Liberated ears!  Exciting right?

Makes me want to have a Rondo day tomorrow too!

Just don't jump in the pool!  😊