What is your favorite way to listen to recorded music?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

As many of you know, I love testing out tech options.  So it may be a surprise that my favorite way to listen to recorded music is to use a BT speaker (JBL Charge 3) and keep my processors on M.  Excellent sound quality.  Great bass.  Of course, the whole room gets to enjoy the music too.  Smile.

With BTE processors like Sonnets and OPUS2, I love the around the ear BT headphones (BOSE QC35).  Excellent audio.  Terrific bass.  Separate left and right audio for instrumentals.  Super comfortable.  @Nikki is a new BOSE QC35 fan!  She showed us her headphones during our chat on Sunday.

With Rondo style processors, I like CozyPhones wired flat stereo speakers (plug into headphone jacks) which attach to my Rondos without the headband.  (This depends on magnet strength.)  True separate left and right stereo audio for instrumentals.  Great sound quality.  Many times though I want to use wireless connections so I opt to use my favorite piece of tech....Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  Excellent signal distance, comfort, ease of use.  It is a blended mono audio signal.

• HearPeers Heroes

I listen to music in the car a lot, with the CIs on M.  I have a pretty good car stereo.

• HearPeers Heroes
9 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

What kind of music do you like?

Oh, lots.  Classic rock, folk, bluegrass, jazz.  Classical, but I tend not to listen to that in the car, it's generally longer than my commute and I don't think it would impress people if I insisted in sitting in the parking lot until Ma Vlast was done.  The last couple of days I've had two alternating earworms:  One Hand, One Heart from West Side Story (and I blame @Kyliefor that) and "It's a Long Way from Amphioxus".  I can sing "Hatikvah" in Hebrew and "Suo Gan" in Welsh (really badly, I don't have a good singing voice)

You? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Yup @Kylie choir has songs spinning in my head too!

I love all kinds of music.  Big Band, Swing, Jazz, Classical, Classic Rock, Folk, Cape Breton fiddling, Bluegrass, Comtemporary....... so much music to love!

• Like 2

On 10/21/2020 at 8:25 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Yup @Kylie choir has songs spinning in my head too!

I love all kinds of music.  Big Band, Swing, Jazz, Classical, Classic Rock, Folk, Cape Breton fiddling, Bluegrass, Comtemporary....... so much music to love!

Me too!

The Bose Quietcomfort 35ii headphones are light around the sonnets and ear . Comfy 

I also like my little portable Sony SRS-XB10 to take anywhere and listen.  At work I can't use headphones or speakers so I opt for the Direct Audio Input cable.

I am a little behind on the M, T or MT

I never really touch the keys to swap  to T or MT... what is the most common uses you have for them?? Lets keep it in the topic so just wondering if you can use it for listening to music. 

• HearPeers Heroes
24 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I have a feeling I will need to refresh on the T and MT for the artone...

Yes, that's when I use MT, for the neckloop.  Otherwise, not at all, really.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

MT with Artone neckloop connected via BT to phone lets us hear music and still hear with our processor mics

T lets us hear music only and totally shuts off the processor mics

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 10/19/2020 at 9:54 AM, Mary Beth said:

As many of you know, I love testing out tech options.  So it may be a surprise that my favorite way to listen to recorded music is to use a BT speaker (JBL Charge 3) and keep my processors on M.  Excellent sound quality.  Great bass.  Of course, the whole room gets to enjoy the music too.  Smile.

With BTE processors like Sonnets and OPUS2, I love the around the ear BT headphones (BOSE QC35).  Excellent audio.  Terrific bass.  Separate left and right audio for instrumentals.  Super comfortable.  @Nikki is a new BOSE QC35 fan!  She showed us her headphones during our chat on Sunday.

With Rondo style processors, I like CozyPhones wired flat stereo speakers (plug into headphone jacks) which attach to my Rondos without the headband.  (This depends on magnet strength.)  True separate left and right stereo audio for instrumentals.  Great sound quality.  Many times though I want to use wireless connections so I opt to use my favorite piece of tech....Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  Excellent signal distance, comfort, ease of use.  It is a blended mono audio signal.

I listen in the car mostly because of the excellent sound system. 
I play and listen to music in my mini studio with studio speaker. Also excellent.

I use the Artone max 3 BT neckloop for phon calls in my iPhone with my Sonnets set to MT. Bass is weak though.

I also use the Artone when walking or at grocery store

i just bought the Bose QC35II and am quite impressed with the sound quality (Bass!)

I am an Apple user iPhone iPad macs watch etc so I was slightly disappointed in Bose setup the excluded Apple. Only google and Alexa. However Siri working well so far.

anyway, I am very pleased in the comfort and fit over my sonnets!
great product!
Bose has never ceased to fail me 

any idea how long the battery lasts?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

I love my BOSE QC35 headphones too!  Batteries last about 20 hours of continuous use.  They come with a headphone cable which can be used if the batteries run out.

I love the bass!

• HearPeers Heroes

No videos yet. Someday 

BTW

I read in the manual that you can configure Bose  QC 36 II for Apple or Samsung too. Nice. 

• HearPeers Heroes
On 10/23/2020 at 8:00 PM, Nikki said:

I have a feeling I will need to refresh on the T and MT for the artone...

Oops, disregard this

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes I read in the manual about the multi function button

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 12/5/2020 at 9:29 PM, Mary Beth said:

I love my BOSE QC35 headphones too!

Mary, you've got me interested in these..... had to get out my old headphones this morning that are somewhat 40 years old! 😂 Just to see if I could hear anything any good like.... My question concerning the Bose ones that you have.... are the cups big enough to go over the ear AND sonnet1  comfortably?? Also, as I wear a conventional hearing aid... are the two sides adjustable volume wise? the hearing aid is going to be the problem if anything as whistling can happen, I'm okay yet probably because of good fitting ear moulds. Also, is Bass good?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

Bass is terrific!

I actually bought my first set of BOSE QC around the ear headphones when I wore HA.  I went into a shop that had headphones on display to test and chose BOSE QC 2 (the newest at that time, 21 years ago!) because they did not cause feedback problems with my power hearing aid.

My Sonnets fit inside the cup.  I can wear my Sonnets BTE like usual or I can flip the Sonnets off my ear.... both ways they rest in the cup.  If I flip my Sonnets off my ear, I need to be careful when removing the headphones.

Volume adjustments impact both ear cups.  Using the volume adjustment on your hearing aid or CI processor will impact just that side.

Excellent music!  True separate left and right instrumentals.  Makes me feel like I am sitting in the center of the band.

@Nikki purchased a set on sale a few months ago and she wears them during our HearPeer GoogleMeet chats.

By using the BOSE app, 2 sets of headphones can share the same audio AND each person has independent volume control.  We use that feature when we fly and watch a movie on one iPad.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth Thank you! that's really encouraging, I'll have to find out where in my town or nearby, I can try before buy, probably wont be any time soon with lockdown. But 21 years! I think I might have missed out.

• 1 year later...