Poll: How many hours is your listening day?

Mary Beth

How many hours is your listening day?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How long is your typical listening day?

• 8-10 hours
    • 11-12 hours
    • 13 hours
    • 14 hours
    • 15 hours
    • 16 hours
    • 17 hours
    • 18 or over hours
  2. 2. During a typical listening day, how many hours do you stream audio (phone, music, audiobooks, TV, podcasts, etc)

• 0-1 hour
    • 2 hours
    • 3 hours
    • 4 hours
    • Over 4 hours

• HearPeers Heroes
6 hours ago, Mr-LJ said:

It would not be so bad if the battery audible warning beep tells us there is about an hours power left rather than only half an minute or so.

Oooh yes!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie and @Mr-LJ

Since we are talking about low battery beeps.....

getting low battery beeps 30 minutes ahead would be great

BUT the beeps need to stop beeping after the alert!  Right now those beeps repeat over and over and over.

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

BUT the beeps need to stop beeping after the alert!  Right now those beeps repeat over and over and over.

Now you've mentioned that, guess who's going to be counting the next low battery warning! It might be for example 20 beeps.... Next time when in a meeting and 15 beeps are counted it's 'sorry folks got to run now'! 😂

When I go out on an assignment I bring an extra rechargeable battery in my pocket, I don't even like to go a minute without the processor on especially during the day etc. I agree the warning system should start at least 30 minutes prior and not be so incessant. Also, I would prefer when I use the volume control that it didn't make a screeching noise to LMK I can hear it go up or down why does it have to screech? And yes, I don't understand the cumbersome method of having to sign in to use the APP? It's annoying at best. Needs to be much more streamlined. . . . 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

It may be possible to have your audiologist alter or turn off the audible alerts when you change volume.  It’s worth asking.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 2/18/2021 at 9:18 PM, Kylie said:

It does if my handbag is in a different room to my meeting, or if I'm running a training session, then everyone has to wait!  I'm not saying it's a big deal though, I have stuck with them all this time so far. It's a minor inconvenience that I hope they improve over time with better technology.

Ah, gotcha.  I just told my boss that I have to wear clothes with pockets in 'em for my fine tuner and my batteries and now I wear jeans almost all the time.  🙂

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
12 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

It may be possible to have your audiologist alter or turn off the audible alerts when you change volume.  It’s worth asking.

I'll be you that your audiologist will most certainly be able to turn off the audible alerts and even the volume of it AND you may even find that such alerts can be heard with differing frequencies too.

For instance, my daughter is an audiologist/hearing aid dispenser, and allows me, under her supervision, to program my conventional hearing aid, and you would be surprised at all the tweeks available in the software that runs the hearing aid. I can tell you that the audible warning alert in my current h/a (Phonax) can be changed to what frequency you, the wearer wants, how loud, and a choice of two or three particular kind of simple musical sounds.

You can alter an alert for when you change programs, or even switch of the h/a. You can begin to realise that there is such a lot within the software that it is no wonder you don't get to know all this because it takes the audiologist too much time to show you. Time cost money, when I go into my h/a software I'm there for ages clicking around trying this and that. You'd never get that when you go to your ci or h/a programming because it is too expensive and the next customer is scheduled to be seen right after your appointment. Frustrating isn't it?

On 2/19/2021 at 2:23 PM, Mary Beth said:

We are up to 16 members responding so far. I believe this is important information for @MED-EL Moderator to see so they can design rechargeable batteries that last an adult user’s full listening day, including streaming.

Please scroll to the top and join in our poll.  Thank you.

Hi @Mary Beth and everyone taking part in the poll above,

thank you very much for your responses and your feedback! We have forwarded your feedback and wishes to our product experts and we really appreciate your input for future developments. 

Best regards, Verena 

And @MED-EL Moderator please keep in mind that rechargeables loose some of their capacity over the years. So most of us need a system that lasts more than 16h at the battery's *end* of life. I.e. a fresh battery must last for at least 22-23 hours. In real life not just on paper. I've tested Rondo 3 which claims to last up to 24hrs. I had to recharge my version after 14-15hrs already. So the battery needs an increased capacity by 40% in my case. And in many other cases, too. Size is an issue that is by far not as big as not to hear at all.

1 hour ago, Dani said:

And @MED-EL Moderator please keep in mind that rechargeables loose some of their capacity over the years. So most of us need a system that lasts more than 16h at the battery's *end* of life. I.e. a fresh battery must last for at least 22-23 hours. In real life not just on paper. I've tested Rondo 3 which claims to last up to 24hrs. I had to recharge my version after 14-15hrs already. So the battery needs an increased capacity by 40% in my case. And in many other cases, too. Size is an issue that is by far not as big as not to hear at all.

Hi @Dani, thanks for tagging us and your feebdback, I'll pass it on to our product experts as well :) 

Best, Verena 

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So far 21 members have participated in this poll on number of hours of our listening days and streaming hours.

There is a wide range of streaming hours.

But the poll is quite clear on number of hours of our listening days.  81% of us have listening days that are 16 hours or longer.