Connectivity problems with AudioStream

Mary Beth

This is the most frustrating part of the AudioStream. 

Here, you'll see that my phone can only connect to one AudioStream and the second one will fail to connect (just stays at Connecting... then goes back to being disconnected). 

Yet, here's the kicker, when you go into the Audio 2 app it shows both as connected and I can interact with both just fine. 

The only way I can fix this is to forget both AudioStream and re-pair. 

This leads me to believe that it's most likely a firmware issue in establishing an audio Bluetooth profile connection and not a Bluetooth connectivity issue itself (as it can definitely still talk to both just fine in this state). 

For such an expensive piece of hardware like this, I'm really disappointed that it's been an issue since day one of release. 

Screenshot_20220102-065701.png

Screenshot_20220102-072915.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@RogerThat

I believe Sonnet/Sonnet2 uses 2 different receivers for those functions.  One is built into the Sonnet/Sonnet2 and that is used for the remote functions of AudioKey2 app since we can use AudioKey2 as a remote without needing to use the AudioStream covers.

AudioStream uses the BTLE receiver in the actual AudioStream cover for streaming.

Are you using an android or iPhone?

55 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@RogerThat

I believe Sonnet/Sonnet2 uses 2 different receivers for those functions.  One is built into the Sonnet/Sonnet2 and that is used for the remote functions of AudioKey2 app since we can use AudioKey2 as a remote without needing to use the AudioStream covers.

AudioStream uses the BTLE receiver in the actual AudioStream cover for streaming.

Are you using an android or iPhone?

I'm using an Android Pixel 5. I've been through several major OS updates with no change. Currently on Android 12. 

Very disappointing that MEDEL hasn’t proactively communicated with Audiostream users about these persistent problems. It’s a stain on their reputation for quality. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!! 
I stopped by here for a while due to audiostream problems, but thanks to yesterday's update, it has been solved!!!!

Now when I want to listen to something, it disconnects ONLY once and reconnects and can listen to the audio without turning off the sonnet 2. 
Thank you!! 😘

So far the new update has been rock solid for me as well. I frequently walk away out of range from my phone at home and that's when it would usually disconnect. 

With this new update, it immediately reconnects just fine every single time seamlessly. 

I don't know if it's placebo but I think the audio quality is better as well.

Either way, great job Med-El Team! This has been a huge quality of life improvement already.