Connectivity problems with AudioStream

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Let’s start this dedicated topic so anyone experiencing connectivity issues with AudioStream can share their problems as well as hopefully how things got resolved.

Please describe the connectivity problem and include the type of phone as well as its operating system.

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

” I'm also having problems with iphone 12 and audiostream. It dropped the connection today so I unpaired it and then repaired it. I can only pair one (I have bilateral audiostream). When I pair them both, it doesn't connect even though it says "success" This happened before and it worked when I paired one at a time. That didn't work this time.  I can only get one to work. The latest software got installed on my iphone today and that might have made things worse. So it's an iphone 12 problem?“

@karenRS

@Jared Charney

No matter what I do AudioStream will not reconnect to my IPhone 11. Hoping engineers at Medel in Austria will have an answer by today. Little worried they don’t have any solutions as I would have expected to have heard back by yesterday 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

Your AudioStream is still under warranty.  If you think it may be defective, you can contact your customer service rep in Durham to get it replaced.

I hope you get back up and running again soon.  It’s very strange because it had worked with your iPhone 11 originally.

• Like 1

I don't think it is since it's working w/the iPad and yeah it's been so strange--wish it stopped working on the iPad and not the iPhone. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that I called on Tuesday and still no word. I followed up on Wed. (she said she would call Thursday) and I just followed up now when I got back from work and I guess she doesn't work on Fridays. I'm always wishing for better communication on this type of stuff. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

I understand your disappointment.

Have you tried turning off Handoff on both devices.  Then have the iPad forget the AudioStream.  Next do a reset on your iPhone 11.  And finally go through the AudioKey2 steps to configure your AudioStream with your iPhone11.

Then do not use it with your iPad until you hear back from Med-El .

There is an international CI conference happening this week virtually.  A lot of Med-El employees are involved in the conference.  Perhaps this is slowing things down a bit.

• Like 1

Thank you, yes, I've done all those steps but I might try it again, cheers!

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS @KittKatz @Joe

iPhone 12 and AudioStream connectivity issues.

Sounds like all three of you are experiencing the same connectivity issue with iPhone 12 and bilateral AudioStream.

Please let us know if you learn of a solution.

Just got an email from Audiology who said while iPhone 12 isn't on the list of compatible devices, there's no know issues with iPhone 12 and no reports of any issues. However, I have deleted the audiostream yet again and re-paired it and I think it's finally working. I was actually able to call them via audiostream as well .And it works  with the new iPhone 14.5 update-I was thinking the update caused the problem. Audiostream is finally showing up in blue under the accessibility option. I've done the process countless times I might add, not sure why it's taken so long to do it

Just got an email from Audiology who said while iPhone 12 isn't on the list of compatible devices, there's no know issues with iPhone 12. However, I have deleted the audiostream yet again and re-paired it and I think it's finally working. I was actually able to call them via audiostream as well .And it works  with the new iPhone 14.5 update-I was thinking the update caused the problem. Audiostream is finally showing up in blue under the accessibility option. I've done the process countless times I might add, not sure why it's taken so long to do it.

Another problem-it wouldn't stream music or play podcasts. Forgot the device from my ipad and deleted the app, Turned BT of and on and now it's working

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

so now both sides of your AudioStream are connected with your iPhone 12 and show up under hearing devices?  And you can stream all audio from your iPhone 12?

What do you think fixed the problem?

Luck, because I did exactly the same thing each time I paired. I "forgot"repaired so many times! I even deleted the app and reinstalled it with no success.

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

And having your iPad forget the hearing devices and then deleting AudioKey2 app from the iPad was needed too so you could stream audio from your iPhone 12?

keep us posted on how things progress.  Everything sounds fine bilaterally now streaming from your iPhone 12?

That’s what I did but I’m not sure that it was really necessary to wipe the app off iPad . I think what matters is that you have to make sure you totally disconnect from one app and close all the open windows before using another one. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

That sounds similar to what this post described about hearing devices using both iPad and iPhone 

63D3885C-B1B5-4C44-9BAA-53E46DA50857.png

Anyone else experiencing problems after installing iOS 14.5 on iPhone? Suddenly very inconsistent connection to Audiostream. Indicates connected and playing through hearing devices but no sound. RMK

• HearPeers Heroes

@Roy K.

Have you tried having your phone forget the AudioStream and then go through the configuration process again?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Roy K.

And contact Med-El in house audiology in North Carolina .  They are handling AudioStream connectivity issues in the US.

@Mary BethI believe it's been about 2 weeks since I was last able to use my iPhone 11 with the AudioStream, they are still trying, @Justin any chance you have any suggestions on how to get the iPhone working again or could trouble shoot? thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

Your iPhone 11 connectivity issue baffles me because you had been connected to it originally.  It leads me to wonder if using the AudioStream with both iPhone and iPad caused the problem even though it should not be a problem.

Unfortunate it's seemingly so complicated, even for the tech savvy among us. 

• Like 3

Yes, I am a photographer using high tech cameras/computers with pretty much no problems at all or easily fixed. This has been a huge rabbit hole of time and frustration and I do feel that it's taking away from my rehabbing. One thing I tried was resetting my iPhone and for the first time in 2 weeks under the accessibility it is showing the MEDEL AudioStream but once I try to pair it : nothing. 

• HearPeers Heroes

It’s very complicated for sure.  A lot of made for iPhone hearing devices are experiencing connectivity issues with iPhones at the moment.  And Apple is releasing updates to iOS14 at a rapid speed, which is presenting its own challenges as well.

Very challenging 

• Like 1