September 2021 HearPeers GoogleMeet chat

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Sunday September 19th

9:15 am New York time start time 

chat opens at 9:00 for socializing 

Google Meet with free live captioning

Looking forward to our GoogleMeet chat.  

Everyone is welcome to join in.  Just respond below to this post so you are included in the chat invite.  New people are always welcome!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Tagging members who have participated recently but everyone is welcome to join in.  We usually have first timers at every meeting.

@Mary Beth

@Joan

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Jared Charney

@Kylie

@Kirk S.

@John R

@Shiyi Wang

@Jdashiell

@Dennisjbr

@Bill C

@Eric in Tulsa

@Lauren

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mary Beth said:

Tagging members who have participated recently but everyone is welcome to join in.  We usually have first timers at every meeting.

@Mary Beth

@Joan

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Jared Charney

@Kylie

@Kirk S.

@John R

@Shiyi Wang

@Jdashiell

@Dennisjbr

@Bill C

@Eric in Tulsa

@Lauren

I have it on my calendar and intend to be there. 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 11:24 AM, Mary Beth said:

Sunday September 19th

Everyone is welcome to join in.  Just respond below to this post so you are included in the chat invite.  New people are always welcome!

Adam Crews - Orlandodadx2 - looking forward to it! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@OrlandoDadx2

sure thing Adam.  Ina moment check the top menu for the envelope icon.  I will send you a HP mail messages to get your email for the invite.

Meanwhile tell us a bit about your CI journey.  What processors do you use?

@Mary BethNow that I no longer a CI candidate and a Bonebridge candidate, is there a similar group for Bonebridge? Also, is there a way to mark the Bonebridge posts as unread since I marked them all as read when I thought I wouldn’t need them?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Eric in Tulsa

I do not know about marking posts as read/unread.  But you most definitely can go to the BoneBridge section and open each topic and read through them all. 

Having a Med-El BoneBridge GoogleMeet monthly chat is a terrific idea.  As you connect with BoneBridge users here and also ask Janet to connect you, you can ask who would be interested.  I would be happy to help you get things rolling.  I am sure other BoneBridge users would love to connect.  Our CI monthly group has been going since May 2020.  We take the month of December off due to holidays.  So far over 30 people have joined in at different times.  Usually we are about 10 people each month.It’s a great group.

• Like 2

Thank you Joan. I’m a little nervous about it. I really don’t understand how Medicare would pay for this if they won’t pay for a CI. I’m back to exploring all options including CROS & BICROS hearing aids. I have an appointment tomorrow, one on August 27 and another on September 14 with three different providers. I’m tired of getting jacked around and I’m going to get views from several points to see if any coincide. 

3 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Eric in Tulsa

I do not know about marking posts as read/unread.  But you most definitely can go to the BoneBridge section and open each topic and read through them all. 

Having a Med-El BoneBridge GoogleMeet monthly chat is a terrific idea.  As you connect with BoneBridge users here and also ask Janet to connect you, you can ask who would be interested.  I would be happy to help you get things rolling.  I am sure other BoneBridge users would love to connect.  Our CI monthly group has been going since May 2020.  We take the month of December off due to holidays.  So far over 30 people have joined in at different times.  Usually we are about 10 people each month.It’s a great group.

Mary Beth, as I just said to Joan, I’m not sure what I’ll end up with. It might be CROS, BICROS, Bonebridge or nothing. If I end up with Bonebridge, I would be happy to facilitate a Bonebridge group. But I first have to make sure it’s right for me. 

I was depressed and despondent this morning and have moved on to mad and angry. That sure didn’t take long. I feel like the insurance industry, Medicare and the medical profession in general have made things so fuzzy and gray that it’s impossible to make an informed decision. They expect a person to just step out, take a chance and be ready to pay the price if they’re wrong. A week ago, I would have never made three simultaneous appointments. It just seems like I’m taking undue advantage of the providers. Today I don’t feel that way at all. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Just getting this topic back on track.

Sunday September 19th

5 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Are any of you planning on joining in?

Planning on it yes, keep me posted. 

JR

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks, Mary Beth. Yes, I'll definitely attend. And tell that smooth Aussie video star John R that he'd better be there, too! ... I'll still be in Tokyo, by the way. I'm scheduled to depart for UNC on Sept. 27 and return Dec. 16, but that could change depending on how the new MAPping goes. We'll see. I'll bring my laptop, of course, so I'll be able to join the chats from North Carolina, too. Should be fun. See you all in September! Kirk

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

So far invites are going to

@Jdashiell

@Bill C

@Dianna FIRST TIME

@Shiyi Wang

@John R

@Kirk S.

@Mary Beth

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@OrlandoDadx2 - check the top menu for theenvelope icon.  I sent you a HP mail message to get your email address for the invite

•  
  • Like 2