March 2022 GoogleMeet for Med-El CI Users & Families

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

This GoogleMeet chat is for Med-El CI users and families, as well as those considering a Med-El CI.

Sunday March 20th

9:15 am New York time start time 

chat opens at 9:00 for socializing 

Daylight Savings Time in New York a week earlier will impact the time difference.  Please check your location for the updated meeting start time.

Google Meet with free live captioning

Looking forward to our GoogleMeet chat.  

New HearPeers members are always welcome.

If you are interested in an invite to this chat, please respond below.  Thank you!

Emailed links to the meeting are sent 15 minutes before the start time.

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

GoogleMeet with live captions on a computer 

GoogleMeet with live captions on a tablet

It's on my calendar and this time I've learned to let Outlook translate the time change which this month is special, (thanks Mary Beth), as US will have changed and Europe not yet. For those of you wishing to avoid another of my rants turn off your implants and read no further......

Here in Europe we are going politically crazy. Brussels has decided in its wisdom to do away with winter and summer time, (frankly probably not a bad idea), but  Brussels, being Brussels, has come up with a wrinkle. Each country of the 27 current members of the Union can decide whether to adopt their current summer time or their current winter time. In theory therefore France and Germany could end up one hour apart. Holland and Belgium likewise. As a predictable result no country is setting a lead. They all want to see what the others are doing. From a longitudinal point of view France shoud be on the same time zone as England where the zero Meridian passes. In France it passes close to Caen and Bordeaux but as both belonged to England for a long time, thank you Eleanor amongst others, the concept is inimicable to some French. Its the weak point of the European Unity. All decisions require consensus which allows petty politics to have great effect. The US and Switzerland (who followed the US concept) are Federal Governments but in each case the Federal Government can, under certain circumstances, impose national laws. As I understand it Brussels does not have that power.

Note: my younger son has lived in China for several years. They have gone to the other extreme and have only one time zone for the whole of the County( Empire), though in theory they should have five. However, not many people there get to vote.

Have a Happy Weekend.

• HearPeers Heroes

Are you interested in an invite to the March 20 GoogleMeet?

@Betsy

@Dianna

@JoceSky

@Jared Charney

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Ralph34

@Bill C

@RRG

@John R

@Jdashiell

@Shiyi Wang

@Darlene Mac

First timers are always welcome 

• HearPeers Heroes

Updated

So far invitations for our March 20th GoogleMeet (see above) will be sent to 

@RRG

@Jared Charney

@Dianna

@Betsy

@Bill C

@Shiyi Wang

@Jdashiell

@Mary Beth

@Lauren

@Joan

@Kylie

@Mary Jo Strickland

@Andrew42

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Updated

So far invitations for our March 20th GoogleMeet (see above) will be sent to 

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@RRG

@Jared Charney

@Dianna

@Betsy

@Bill C

@Shiyi Wang

@Jdashiell

@Mary Beth

@Lauren

@Joan

@Kylie

@Mary Jo Strickland

@Andrew42

• HearPeers Heroes

Just bringing this back to the top so our new HP members see it.  First timers are always welcome.

7 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Just bringing this back to the top so our new HP members see it.  First timers are always welcome.

Just curious--are any of these meetings in the afternoon? (I'm on Pacific time and not a 6am type of morning person :)). 

• HearPeers Heroes

@AnnetteT

We are an international group.  Some HP members are joining us at 9 pm or 10 pm or 11 pm starting time.  Others are joining us at 6 am or 5 am.  It’s a compromise.

The monthly HP GoogleMeet chats that @Kylie and I host are always at the same time.  It’s a great group of HP members who have become friends and first time members join each month.

From time to time members have mentioned organizing another HP monthly chat at a different time but so far no one has done that.

We are just Med-El CI users helping each other.  Our chat is going to remain at the same time.  Fortunately we always have a great group of members join in.  

Thanks @Mary Beth. No worries. If I wake up early one time, I'll join as it's wonderful to meet with people who have similar challenges. I was just curious to see if the call schedule rotated over time to accommodate the many different time zones, but it also makes sense to have it at a predictable time. 🙂

Hi mary beth I would like to join the google meet.  I am getting my cochlear implant on March 17 at Sunnybrook in Toronto.  

Hopefully, I'll be ok to attend.  Thanks.