June 2023 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth for Med-El CI users, their families and those considering a Med-El CI

Mary Beth

I would also like to attend.  Thanks Mary Beth!

Mary Weaver

• HearPeers Heroes

It will be great to have you join in @Mary G. Weaver!  In a moment I will send you a private HearPeers (HP) mail message to get your email address for the invite which is sent a few moments before the meeting begins.  Just the top right menu for the envelope icon.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Paul Gerike

good to see you here.  If you want info on the June GoogleMeet just scroll up in this post.  If you wish to join in, reply here and you will be added to the invite list.

• HearPeers Heroes

So far invites are going to……

(no need to reply.  You are on the list.)

@Jared Charney

@Mary G. Weaver FIRST TIME

@JoceSky

@Valentin

@Ralph34

@DianeH

@Theo

@Mary Jo Strickland  

@tmscarlett10

@Mary Beth

@Lauren

@Dianna

@Betsy

@Joan  

@Andrew42  

@Tim  

@Dave in Pittsburgh  

@Kylie  

@Anne N  

@Heather W  

10 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Paul Gerike

good to see you here.  If you want info on the June GoogleMeet just scroll up in this post.  If you wish to join in, reply here and you will be added to the invite list.

Yes, please add me.  Thank you, Paul

• HearPeers Heroes

@Paul Gerike

In a moment I will send you a private HearPeer (HP) message to get your email address for the invites.  The actual invites are sent a few moments before the meeting opens.  Check the top right menu for the envelope icon.

• HearPeers Heroes

So far invites are going to……

(no need to reply.  You are on the list.)

@Roy

@Paul Gerike FIRST TIME

@Jared Charney

@Mary G. Weaver FIRST TIME

@JoceSky

@Valentin

@Ralph34

@DianeH

@Theo

@Mary Jo Strickland  

@tmscarlett10

@Mary Beth

@Lauren

@Dianna

@Betsy

@Joan  

@Andrew42  

@Tim  

@Dave in Pittsburgh  

@Kylie  

@Anne N  

@Heather W  

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello June HearPeers GoogleMeet group

I just created our temporary group HearPeers mail and it’s time for you to read it and reply there with your introductions as well as agenda items (do not reply here- go to the top right menu and select the envelope icon).

It is extremely helpful when everyone replies in that group HP mail so please do so this week.

I started that mail group a little earlier than usual because we are a large group and I want to give everyone a chance to post there and read the posts of others.  Thank you for your help.

@Roy

@Paul Gerike FIRST TIME

@Jared Charney

@Mary G. Weaver FIRST TIME

@JoceSky

@Valentin

@Ralph34

@DianeH

@Theo

@Mary Jo Strickland  

@tmscarlett10

@Mary Beth

@Lauren

@Dianna

@Betsy

@Joan  

@Andrew42  

@Tim  

@Dave in Pittsburgh  

@Kylie  

@Anne N  

@Heather W  

Hi @Mary Beth, Please keep me in invite list. I know I have been missing the meets since past few months but hopefully I will be able to join this one. 

Thing is, After I regain the hearing, Sunday evenings (IST) becomes more of a family and friends get-togethers hence I was consistently missing it out. 

Any plans to record our Sunday meets so people like me who missed out can refer it later and get benefitted. 😛

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jimit

I am unable to  keep everyone in the invite list because over 60 members have participated and that is a lot of typing of emails etc.  So each time I post and ask who wants to attend the next scheduled GoogleMeet and invites only go to those who reply.  If you plan on attending the June GoogleMeet, just reply here and you will be added.  We have missed you.  Smile. If the June GoogleMeet does not work out, keep your eye out for our July date when it is set.

These HP GoogleMeets are our extension of the forum for support and community one CI user to another.  They are never recorded as it is just a relaxed way to connect and support each other.  

The forum itself is always available for help and support and learning.

• Thanks 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ricky W

In a moment I will send you a private HearPeers mail message to get your email address for the invite.  Look at the top right menu for the envelope icon.

After I receive your email address, I will add you to the private HearPeers mail group for the June GoogleMeet.

The date for the meet in June is too soon after my surgery, I probably won't be in the right mindset to join, given that this time they want to push my activation further down the line. I am really going to fret if it's even going to work with all the possible complications. I would like to join the July one, as long as I am not traveling at the time (still looking when to book flights to my home country, but it would be sometime in July).

• HearPeers Heroes

@Enegra

I will post the date for July soon after the June GoogleMeet.  It will be great to see you again.  Keep us posted on your journey and wishing you the best.

• Like 2

Curious how long these meetings last? I serve in church online starting around 9am but would love to check out a Google Meet sometime!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hilary Beaumont Brown

It would be great to have you join in sometime.  We limit the chat to no more than 2 hours.  Opens around 9 for visiting.  Meeting starts at 9:15 following the agenda we create together in a group HP mail about a week before the meeting.  We wrap up somewhere near 11.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi @JackieB

That’s exciting.  Tell us a bit about yourself.

Which CI center are you using?  I go to New York Eye & Ear of Mount Sinai in NYC.

Which processor did you choose?

I received an invitation to attend one marriage on Jun 11. So won't be able to make it this time too. 😔 Hoping to join in July.

• HearPeers Heroes

Looking forward to our GoogleMeet chat on Sunday.  Invites will be sent around 9:00 am New York time.  

@Jimit hopefully the July date will work.  Enjoy the wedding.

@JackieB we just need some more info from you and then we can set you up.  See above post.

• HearPeers Heroes

@ERW

I just added you to the group HP mail.  Go there to post your introduction to others.