July 2023 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth for Med-El CI users, their families and those considering a Med-El CI

Mary Beth

6 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

updated

Invites for the July 16 GoogleMeet will be sent to the following members so far.  (No need to reply.  You are on the list.)

@Mary Beth

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@DianeH

@Dianna

@Tim

@tmscarlett10

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Anne N

@Heather W

@JoceSky

@Roy

@Theo

@Betsy

@JackieB

If anyone else is interested in attending, just reply below.  First timers always welcome.

I will try to attend.  Mary

• HearPeers Heroes

I'll be there. Finally have a little good news to share. And I can tell you all about cruising around Chapel Hill in Roy's fire-engine red Porsche convertible,  re-channeling our teenage years, I suppose..  By the way, I like Kylie's new photo. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Updated 

updated

Invites for the July 16 GoogleMeet will be sent to the following members so far.  (No need to reply.  You are on the list.)

@Mary Beth

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@DianeH

@Dianna

@Tim

@tmscarlett10

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Anne N

@Heather W

@JoceSky

@Roy

@Theo

@Betsy

@JackieB

@Mary G. Weaver

@Kirk S.

If anyone else is interested in attending, just reply below.  First timers always welcome.

• HearPeers Heroes

@briggia

in a moment check the top right menu for the envelope icon.  I will send you a private HearPeer (HP) mail message to get your email address for the invite.

• HearPeers Heroes

updated

@Mary Beth

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@DianeH

@Dianna

@Tim

@tmscarlett10

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Anne N

@Heather W

@JoceSky

@Roy

@Theo

@Betsy

@JackieB

@Mary G. Weaver

@Kirk S.

@briggia FIRST TIME

On 6/19/2023 at 2:37 PM, JackieB said:

Okay, met with audiologist and now I'm up to speed. Looks like Rondo 3 and Sonnet 2 are my two devices. Does everyone get two from their facility like the one in Charlotte? Seems to be depend on the volume at each facility perhaps. Anyway, I was advised to stick with the standard 3 rechargeable batteries for Sonnet and avoid the new max life battery due to weight/size of larger earpiece. Wonder if anyone in the forum has thoughts on that?  Also for those whose hair is slowly transitioning from darker to gray/white - anyone select the Nordic Grey color and if so, how do you like it?  A vanity question to be sure, but there are options, so just trying to make the best choice for a 5-year decision.  I did find out that my surgeon does live monitoring of facial nerve during procedure. I meet with him for my pre-op visit next week. My concerns are vertigo, nausea and headache as I am prone to those. My husband is taking off two days of work to assist me - is that optimistic? Overkill? Would welcome any other questions to ask.

Hi @JackieB,

Excited for you! I just had my surgery yesterday and expressed concern over nausea. They applied a nausea patch that I can wear 72 hours, which I plan to do.

I was also worried about headaches, but haven’t experIenced that yet. Just a dull pain near ear and jaw on the side of the implant. I bough gel ice packs in case this was a problem, and they seem to be helping. I believe it will alleviate some pressure once I can take off the Glasscock dressing. It is tender around that area, too.

Felt pretty good after surgery yesterday, but a little dizzy, nauseous, and weak today, yet everything is minimal and easy to deal with so far.  Haven’t experienced sharp pain yet, thankfully, just ear popping occasionally. Only taking high doses of Tylenol and ibuprofen alternating every 8 hrs. 

Elated because I think I still have residual hearing! At least as far as I can tell with the bandage on.  I realize this can disappear as well, but not worried about it.

My CI facility is two processor as well and I chose 1 Sonnet 2 and 1 Rondo 3 in Ebony.  I chose the 2 standard RCB and 1 Max RCB option and the Audiolink as my accessory since it performs 4 functions, I believe, and it’s more costly to pay OOP. I plan on getting the Active Gear accessory after activation.

IMO, if you are susceptible to dizziness and nausea, two days with help/support from your husband is a wonderful thing. You can do what you feel like doing, but know that he’s there to help gauge things as well. The hospital stressed for someone to be with me 24 hrs post surgery, to not get fatigued, and not get sick (limit time/exposure to people). I read that if air gets behind the implant, it may cause infection, so really important not to strain or pop ear on purpose.

• HearPeers Heroes

@ERW

Do you want an invite to the July GoogleMeet?

• HearPeers Heroes

updated

@Mary Beth

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@DianeH

@Dianna

@Tim

@tmscarlett10

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Anne N

@Heather W

@JoceSky

@Roy

@Theo

@Betsy

@JackieB

@Mary G. Weaver

@Kirk S.

@briggia FIRST TIME

@ERW

• HearPeers Heroes

updated

@Mary Beth

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@DianeH

@Dianna

@Tim

@tmscarlett10

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Anne N

@Heather W

@JoceSky

@Roy

@Theo

@Betsy

@JackieB

@Mary G. Weaver

@Kirk S.

@briggia FIRST TIME

@ERW

@Ralph34

I would like to join if there's any room left in the meeting. Got some updates to share.

• HearPeers Heroes

updated

@Enegra

@Mary Beth

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@DianeH

@Dianna

@Tim

@tmscarlett10

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Anne N

@Heather W

@JoceSky

@Roy

@Theo

@Betsy

@JackieB

@Mary G. Weaver

@Kirk S.

@briggia FIRST TIME

@ERW

@Ralph34

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello July HP GoogleMeet group

I have started our private group HP message.  Look at the top right menu for the envelope icon.  Reply THERE with your intro and agenda items (not here).  Thank you.

I also sent the test BCC email out.  If you do not see it, check your spam folder.  If it is not there, let me know.

@Enegra

@Mary Beth

@Kylie

@Joan

@Lauren

@DianeH

@Dianna

@Tim

@tmscarlett10

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Anne N

@Heather W

@JoceSky

@Roy

@Theo

@Betsy

@JackieB

@Mary G. Weaver

@Kirk S.

@briggia FIRST TIME

@ERW@Ralph34

• HearPeers Heroes

@Aayat Khan

I just sent you a private HearPeer message.  Check the top right menu and look for the envelope icon.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Aayat Khan

Please check the top right menu for the envelope icon for a private message if you wish to join in the July 16 GoogleMeet 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Aayat Khan

I have not received a response from you yet so I will not be able to add you to our July 16 GoogleMeet.  If you wish to join in the August GoogleMeet, keep an eye on the forum for details.

Not sure if I'm on the list but, sadly, I will not be able to join this month.

• HearPeers Heroes

I’m sorry I missed the GoogleMeet yesterday! I’m wondering about hearing aids that connect with MedEl CIs. I’m about to get one for my hearing ear and would like to get one that works well. Also, am interested in follow ups and repairs of various models.

Thanks, Mary Jo

• HearPeers Heroes
On 7/16/2023 at 11:22 AM, Mary Beth said:

If you use a compatible android phone and want to stream audio from your phone to both your hearing aid and AudioStream battery cover on your Sonnet 2, then you need to use

1) a compatible android phone 

and

2) a compatible hearing aid

Med-El lists compatible devices here:

https://www.medel.com/en-us/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity/audiostream#compatibility

But if you use an iPhone, there is no way to stream directly to both your hearing aid and the AudioStream cover on your Sonnet2.  You have the option to use a BT neckloop like the Artone BUT you need to make sure whichever hearing aid you choose has a telecoil and that the telecoil is turned on by your hearing aid audiologist.

IMG_3812.png

IMG_3813.png