Skinit

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

Anyone who wants to order skins for your CI, today's the day.  Skinit is having a 40% off sale.

Thanks Mary! Finally came up with a custom design adding my email address to the back of the Finetuner for when I finally leave it in a restaurant or some other place like the doofus I am😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm very disappointed. I am blocked from accessing the Skinit website. Shouldn't it be an international site? Is it a US site? I keep getting a Forbidden message. 

• HearPeers Heroes

They may not be set up to sell internationally.  Can you open a private window and decide what you want to order?  I could place the order for you.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Thanks for the offer but I can't even open the website! It is crazy! The Med-El site says that Skinit ships internationally so I don't understand why I can't access the site at all. 

Unfortunately DesignSkins is in Europe so that would be too costly. 

I tweeted Skinit yesterday but no response. 

• HearPeers Heroes

It's a holiday weekend here, maybe they'll answer you on Monday.  And if they do, they should give you the Black Friday discount!  If you have a photo you wanted to use to make custom ones, email it to me, I'll order it for you.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Someone on Facebook recommended I use a VPN. I just did that and was able to access the Skinit website! 

So I should be able to order the skins I need myself. Thanks 😊

• HearPeers Heroes

Great!  When they arrive we'll want to see them!  @Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I use SkinIts on my Fine Tuner.  I still have my original SkinIt and it looks brand new 3 years, 8 months later.  So choose a design you will love for a long time!  Smile.

• HearPeers Heroes

Can the Skinit be removed and put on at will? I work in a conservative office setting so I'm thinking that my choice wouldn't be appropriate for the office but I can wear the Skinit otherwise. 

Or is it a case where once you put it on you leave it on until it is no good? 

Also, would using wig tape ruin the Skinit? I tried wig tape on my Sonnet today and it stayed put the whole day! 

And yes maybe I do overthink when making decisions! Lol! 

• HearPeers Heroes

The SkinIt is not designed to be put on and removed repeatedly, I don’t think. You can remove it, and you may be able to put it back on again but I don’t think you can do this over and over again.  I may be wrong.  

The DL-coil design covers can be easily put on so they give you an option of changing your look at will if your DL-coil shows when you wear it.

I am glad that wig tape is helping to keep your Sonnet in place!  That must be a relief.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Mary Beth. I guess I will go with a solid color like metallic gold, which I bet I can get away with at work.

I am so relieved the wig tape works and this one doesn't leave a sticky residue when I remove it from the processor. Topstick grooming tape is the best! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Will you start a new topic under SONNETs and tell everyone how exactly you use the wig tape, the brand, etc and possibly a pic of the packaging or a link to where to purchase it?

Then others can know exactly what can help them too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Over water, too.  The most spectacular aurora I ever saw was over a lake.  It was incredible, a shifting curtain of color.