Skinit

Mary Featherston

Good question and answers on the Rondo 2 and Skins thanks for info

• 8 months later...
On 1/17/2019 at 5:08 AM, Jewel said:

@Kylie

I can't access the Skinit site right now as I don't live in the US and had to pay to access it via VPN. But you can go to the Skinit website and look for Med-El skins. Mine is called Northern Lights I believe. Let me know if you find it. 

Used  https://en.finevpn.org/how-to-set-up-a-free-vpn-on-ios/

Thanks for the recommendation.

• 1 year later...

Hello

I'm new in this forum, 49 old from France, not implanted yet (by end of june) and almost made my brand choice (Rondo 3). 

May order skins before I get my implant too 😃 

I'm a bit surprised by the Med-El advice not to use any stickers on Rondo because Med-Edl itself says it is possible on this page : https://www.medel.com/en/hearing-solutions/accessories/skins  , with an link to DeinDesign website. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Arnaud

Welcome to HearPeers and congratulations on your upcoming CI surgery.

I believe @MED-EL Moderator ‘s advice on not using skins is specific to Rondo 3.  Maybe Med-El can explain that for us?

There are design covers by Med-El available for Rondo 3.  Have you seen those?

2 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

There are design covers by Med-El available for Rondo 3.  Have you seen those?

@Mary Beth
Yes I saw them, but I'm more interested in personalized ones with uploaded pictures.

Hi there, we will let you know as soon as we get updated information on this from our experts.

Kind regards,
Gordana

• Like 2

Dear all, this is our recommendation:

We recommend to refrain from applying design skins or other stickers to RONDO 3. Adding stickers may increase the weight of the single unit processor, which might lead to the processor falling down from your head. Additionally, there is the risk that the added sticker might increase the chance of RONDO 3 heating up during charging, which may disturb the charging cycle of RONDO 3, which might lead to a not fully charged RONDO 3. Since this does not happen with design covers, we recommend the use design covers instead of skins or stickers.

Kind regards,
Gordana

@Gordana

Thank You for the information 

Dave