New hair clip for rondo 2

Lori m

Has anyone ordered new hair clips for rondo 2 lately?

i did and find the new design totally useless.   The “clip” is so tiny that my female fingers cannot work it. Even if my fingers could use it, it appears to be able to clip onto  about 4 human hairs.

who thinks that sounds fun when the magnet lets loose?

so the backup plan is to reuse my current rondo2 hair clip with new leashes, that are sold separately.

i keep trying to find directions on how to attach, or even any person at med el to describe it on a call. I have not found either source yet on this.

any advice for us? 
t y in advance 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lori m

Many people have commented that they hope Med-El will release a stronger Rondo 2 leash.  The leash is breaking for many people.  We asked @MED-EL Moderator to keep us updated on that.

I saw a picture of the new Rondo 2 hair clip.  It looks like the Rondo 1 hair clip to me.

I can help with how to attach new Rondo 2 leashes to any kind of hair/wig clip you wish.  But I sure hope Med-El releases a stronger leash soon.  It makes no sense to me to have a security leash design that keeps breaking.  How secure is it then?

I did this to my friend’s Rondo 2 leash.  I used a piece of cut thread (a needle threader - not metal- would work too).  I used the doubled thread loop end to get the clip she wanted to use on the Rondo 2 leash.  Then I used the doubled thread loop end to slowly guide one Rondo 2 leash circle through the other Rondo 2 leash circle.  And it was attached.

So about the new rondo 2 hair clip:

the leash is the same as before, and the hair clip has changed !  I’m like you, believing that a different leash is needed.

med el customer service says that the leash should break less now, because of the different style clip.

not so at my house, cause the new clip won’t be used, ever.

Marybeth,

maybe the moderator has an update for us about a stronger leash for rondos. Also I know you asked for updates from Med el on this but customer service said the “new” rondo hair clip was rolled out maybe around January, so curious that we didn’t hear about it sooner. 
if anyone hears or sees any news on hair clips, please let us all know!

does anyone know if another brand of hearing device has something that can be useful, or even a homemade idea.  Tia

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lori m

@Valentin designed his own attachment for Rondo 1 and showed us how he uses it during one of our monthly video chats.  We have our August video chat this coming Sunday, August 2 at 9:30 am New York time on Google Meet which has live captions.  Let us know if you want to join in.

Another member here from the UK, explained how his team suggested using the Rondo 1 leash attachment on the Rondo 2.  You might be able to search for his post here about that.

People are using HearClips that attach to their ears.....using 3-D printers to make a more secure system.....using fishing line and whichever hair/wig clip desired.

There is a definite need for a more secure Rondo 2 leash.  

I hope Rondo 3 is released with a great leash.

Just to add. I've tried to order a new hair clip and leash from the Med-el website. (Spain). It appears that both the clips and leash are not available to buy at the moment ( for Rondo 2). Not want I wanted as I've a  lost hair clip and a broken leash to replace!😟

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

Yikes!  Maybe email Med-El Spain and see if they can help you?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

The online Med-El US web store still shows the old Rondo 2 attachment set with the original hair clip but from what people have reported here from the US,I don’t think the picture reflects what actually gets shipped.  It shows as available.

@Mary Beth I've sent an email to the head office in Madrid. Hopefully will get a reply on the matter. 

Otherwise, it will be a case like everyone else making up an alternative version to secure the Rondo 2!!!!!

I've looked at the other Rondo, the grips and cables are available, but I've a sneaky feeling that the attachments are sized and placed differently.

At least I still have one leash that you attach to clothes, and it's the only one for the moment too!.

It's the smaller one for the hair clip and clip that has gone. 😟

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I asked MedEl USA which hairclip is being shipped with the Rondo2 tether and I was told that they are only being shipped with the new alligator clip. I prefer the old hairclip over that. I painted mine with black nail polish so now it's no longer conspicuous. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Did you paint the old hair clip or the little alligator clip?  Does it peel off?

I purchased black matte Rustoleum spray paint and am going to try that on the shiny silver clips.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I have the old hairclip. That's what I painted with regular nail polish. I put two coats on it. The polish isn't stripping off. It has only been a few weeks now. @Mary Featherston kindly sent me a tether recently and told me to use thread to attach it to the old hairclip. Since that worked wonderfully I won't be buying any tether with an alligator clip. I would just buy the tethers and keep using my old hairclip. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

What kind of nail polish did you use?  Did you need to use some other layer of prep first?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I bought cheap, black, regular nail polish. I didn't apply a base coat. I just applied the polish to the top of the clip, that is, the side that is visible when I'm wearing the clip. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel hm, I wonder if there's nail polish that's sort of a greying dishwater brown?

• Haha 2

• 7 months later...

Anyone have suggestions on how to attach a hair clip for RONDO3? The hair clip that comes with it is so tiny that it's not practical. And there is no "loop" on the Rondo3 to attach anything. I'm thinking of using one of the clips that has a clothing leash (and the clothing leash broke), and thread something through that clip. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@2monkeys

@Valentin designed his own using fishing line for Rondo 1.

I followed suit and used black fishing line knitted to a wig clip.  It worked great for Rondo 1.  Very secure and easy to use.

You may be able to rig up something similar for Rondo 3.

• HearPeers Heroes

Here the thread where I show it, but I think it is not compatible with Rondo 2 and 3