The chatty forum

Kara of Canada

• HearPeers Heroes

Dogs and cats can be a very good friends. So, why not to try to befriend English bulldog with GS..... :)

Our second dog is a Chihuahua mix according to his DNA test (which is hard to accept as he is lean but 65 lbs / 24" at the withers).

And they both love each other dearly.

Yeah - I am quite often encouraged by his words: Your's selection is so unimaginative.  :rolleyes:

He also adores cats and is natural "horse-whisperer"...  <_<  Talent, my dear...  -_-

• HearPeers Heroes

LOL. yup

I couldn't resist ... Just - it was more powerful... :D   :D

That dog is really - all chihuahua!  :lol:  Naturally mean eye-look: don't touch our Cara!  :angry:  :angry:  :wub:

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

There's a lot to be said of someone's character if they are a natural horse whisperer.

• HearPeers Heroes

There's a lot to be said of someone's character if they are a natural horse whisperer.

Like...? :)

Animals just likes him a lot... People are usually stunned - don't recognize their pets! :P

• HearPeers Heroes

Animals can not be fooled. They read a person's energy and respond accordingly. Horses are easily startled. If he is a natural horse whisperer, he must have great energy.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I couldn't resist ... Just - it was more powerful... :D   :D

That dog is really - all chihuahua!  :lol:  Naturally mean eye-look: don't touch our Cara!  :angry:  :angry:  :wub:

People laugh at me when I tell them that this is my Chihuahua. Ivana, don't worry about me we have an agreement: he doesn't bite me, I don't bite him. Actually, Chief is very gentle and quiet Chihuahua. They both very obedient - I never use any force on them to make them do what I need.

• HearPeers Heroes

Animals can not be fooled. They read a person's energy and respond accordingly. Horses are easily startled. If he is a natural horse whisperer, he must have great energy.

Every possible animal, cats, dogs, horses, hamsters ... - just named it... :)  :)

• HearPeers Heroes

People laugh at me when I tell them that this is my Chihuahua. Ivana, don't worry about me we have an agreement: he doesn't bite me, I don't bite him. Actually, Chief is very gentle and quiet Chihuahua. They both very obedient - I never use any force on them to make them do what I need.

Oh, I meant - they guard you the way they look like  :angry:  :angry:

:D  Dogs like stable person. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, I do like that and those situations apply to us who have cochlear implants/bonebridge. I have often said since my implant that the world around us is so noisy and wonder why more people aren't deaf. We are lucky when it becomes too much to be able to "tune it out".

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Read a nice blog today by the hearing loss revolution. http://www.hearinglossrevolution.com/deaf-gain/ It is nice to think outside the box.

that's good. I would like to look at hearing loss as a gain but for that need to train my positive thinking more.

I heard about one more gain that wasn't mentioned in this blog. Somehow, one of my friends told me that it can be so beneficial for relationships when one of the partners doesn't hear 80% of what another partner says :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara,

Your post made me laugh out loud! Sure hope things are going well for you.

• HearPeers Heroes

I was so busy this week - my husband was out of state for five days. My three boys and I have a lot of adventures  - our versions of Home Alone and Breaking Bad. Now I am a good girl again but need some rest :)

• HearPeers Heroes

that's good. I would like to look at hearing loss as a gain but for that need to train my positive thinking more.

I heard about one more gain that wasn't mentioned in this blog. Somehow, one of my friends told me that it can be so beneficial for relationships when one of the partners doesn't hear 80% of what another partner says :)

yes Cara it can be beneficial if the other is a chatter box!! My husband can be that way!!

• HearPeers Heroes

yes Cara it can be beneficial if the other is a chatter box!! My husband can be that way!!

Please, don't mention this fact to mine... He concerns when my textbox for a day slip from 5 words to the number 3 or 2. Everything else is his air for chatting... :D :D

Relating to these "gains" - I appreciate "think-pink" approach and live by its principles but one thing the writer missed - the point of professionals in his life. They can participate in his life as friends, of course, but their job is totally opposite: to give him opportunity to make most of what technology can do for him. Of course that he can take these stuff as gains but, at first he needed to lose something so he can gain something else in return. Perhaps this approach would be most applicable to the population of us who never had lost something because it wasn't even given to us - born deaf or hard of hearing, but yet we felt consequences of that act. Only after I have found myself on the path which seemed to me as most suitable for me, I can say: I would not alter occasions under the sky I was born. Most important is that paths are individual - if I wasn't born in the society who could give me my first HAs, I don't know what I would do. On the other side, what would be if I was born in countries where BAHA was available long time ago? Before 2000. I wasn't even aware of it - I was 23 years old and found out just because one professor of otorhinolaryngology in my country who remembered me and call me. This was the beginning of my thoughts of make my career as an otorhinolaryngologist. :)

I just wanted to say that consequences are facts which make influence at the meaning of our lives: 10% of what you get it and 90% of how you take it. ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana you should teach philosophy!!! You are amazing.!!!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

:P   :P

This drawing represents me: think-say_zpsuvbmys34.jpg

:lol:   :lol:

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree Ivana. This week I presented on my CI journey to a university class full of future audiologists and speech/language therapists. I told them that I am thankful for my entire hearing journey- all of it. It led me to become a Teacher of the Deaf, master American Sign Language, meet my spouse, etc. The most important parts of my life are connected to my hearing journey. That doesn't mean that is was easy, but without my hearing journey my life would be different.

Also, we need the professionals in our journey to bring their expertise to enable us to hear the best we possibly can hear. It's understandable that we would develop strong attachments to some of these professionals. It's an emotionally charged journey. However, what we need from the professionals is their expertise. I am thankful to many of the professionals who have helped me along the way.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree Ivana. This week I presented on my CI journey to a university class full of future audiologists and speech/language therapists. I told them that I am thankful for my entire hearing journey- all of it. It led me to become a Teacher of the Deaf, master American Sign Language, meet my spouse, etc. The most important parts of my life are connected to my hearing journey. That doesn't mean that is was easy, but without my hearing journey my life would be different.

Also, we need the professionals in our journey to bring their expertise to enable us to hear the best we possibly can hear. It's understandable that we would develop strong attachments to some of these professionals. It's an emotionally charged journey. However, what we need from the professionals in their expertise. I am thankful to many of the professionals who have helped me along the way.

I would undersign your words anytime ... I take losses - and gains as individual parts which build our worlds, sort of skyscrapers which allows us getting further views at the horizons of our lives...

• HearPeers Heroes

That's great Marybeth

It can have a very positive affect for the future audis to hear how important their job will be

• HearPeers Heroes

I love the pic Ivana!! I agree with Adam. It is very beneficial to the professionals to hear our side of the story. I am feeling very blessed to have this group!! You guys are all amazing and have all touched my life/journey in some way. With you kind words. Some expertise and encouragement. Thanks to all of you!!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, your thoughts look beautiful and sophisticated. You should be more generous with us.... why keeping them just to yourself :)

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Huh...:) - tnx everyone for your praises: I guess I could finally force myself to write my blog for the company.  :rolleyes: