NEWLY IMPLANTED

Shaun

Thank you.

She will be having 90mins speech therapy by NSSEO org in her school and we are taking Aural therapy in Lurie hospital. the below is the mic cover we opted.

Today was her second day wearing it. the processor is falling off once in a while but not frequent. But when she turns fast or jumps , it is falling off. Is it normal or do we need to increase the magnet strength. the magnet we are using is power-3. 

using headband will help to not fall off while playing/jumping? Please suggest us if any ear gear /retention will help.

image.png.593995fb3b9c2e6f59dcd8f19dfafbca.png  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bindu

That is wonderful that you are set up to work with a team to help your daughter learn to listen with her CI.

Magnet strength is best discussed with her CI audiologist.

Yes you can use headbands.  Med-El sells a sports handband that has pockets for the Rondo.

You can also use gripwear which Med-El sells too.

Are you using one of the securing lined & clips now so when it falls off it doesn’t fall to the ground?  These are usually in the kit.

Hi @Mary Beth , 

yes, the leash is the fixation line for the attachment clips :) 

And welcome to the HearPeers Forum @Bindu

on our website you can find all fixation options, including the attachment clips with the leash: 

https://www.medel.com/support/rondo2/du_rondo2_attachment_clips

We also have this Hands-On video on how to use the attachment clips: 

Hope that helps! 

Best regards, 

Verena 

Thank you Mary Beth &Verena for the info. right now am using clothes attachment clip and thinking to get headband as my child is a hyperactive kid. 

Also can you please suggest on helmets that would be good for her during play/gym time in her school. 

I also have doubt on how she can hear while wearing a helmet. helmet would fully cover her Rondo-2 processor.

Hi all, 

I am now at day 5 after implant and, thankfully, pulsating tinnitus is much improved. My next visit with Audi is 3/8.  I assume that is for activation.  I have a question in that realm.  How and when is residual hearing normally measured after an implant?  I assume that requires a processor...

Thanks,

C T Lex  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bindu

For activities that do not typically require helmets, some kids just use the sports headband to keep their Rondos in place.

For activities that do require helmets, it is tricky to find helmets that are comfortable while wearing Rondos.  Let me start a new topic so people see the helmet question.  Maybe others have found helmets that work for them.

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, C T lex said:

Hi all, 

I am now at day 5 after implant and, thankfully, pulsating tinnitus is much improved. My next visit with Audi is 3/8.  I assume that is for activation.  I have a question in that realm.  How and when is residual hearing normally measured after an implant?  I assume that requires a processor...

Thanks,

C T Lex  

@C T lex - I'm glad your tinnitus is going away!  Your audiologist will be able to measure your residual hearing without a processor, but my audiologist waited for several months to make sure you've completely healed from the surgery.  I'd be surprised if they'll do it at activation.

• 2 weeks later...

@Monte - dude, sorry for the late response, I'm bad at the forum thing.

I assume that either your close to activation, or have been activated already? And I'm glad to hear your doing well! 

I was activated on the 20th, it sounds just like a Dalek in my head (see Dr. Who). Today is my first day back to work after taking a month off, so I'm struggling a bit, but I think that it will only get better. Already I'm hearing things that I haven't heard in years, often I'll have to stop and ask myself "now what was that sound". Small things like the microwave going "beep beep beep" when its done, or one of the dogs walking across the hardwood floor. Everything seems to be going well, and after another test and an audiologist/Med El consul we are going to do the acoustic attachment as I still have a little of the lower frequencies left to work with. I'm finding that listening to music that I'm super familiar with helps me understand how the Ci interprets sound somewhat, or at least is appears to be therapeutic.

I was so glad to be able to get out skiing and back to my active self, the snow has been really good. Especially after last years epic non-start.

All the best buddy

• HearPeers Heroes

@Shaun

Glad things are going well.  Let us know what you think of the Sonnet EAS.

Great news Shaun. I just got my Rondo 2 today. It works great. Very comfortable! Glad I got it. I got activated early. It will be one week tomorrow. Getting a little better every day.