My Journey

Ms_D

• HearPeers Heroes

Best thing to do...rest!!

So far, the hardest part is when I go to lay down or get up...that pain that tends to come when doing either never fails.  I am relaxing and I slept a lot yesterday.  Now I am reclining and just surfing the web and watching movies.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good. That's the best thing. Stay on top of the pain meds. It helps to not let it get a head of you. It's harder to catch up than to stay on the regime. Too much pain is not a good thing. Enjoy the rest. The ride starts activation day!!

• Like 2

Activation Day will be on July 18th. :-)  Something to definitely look forward to!

• HearPeers Heroes

:)  Nice to read this and track such a wonderful path to better future which you definitely deserves. A good fighter is rare to find, but like one famous craniofacial surgeon said: everybody has flaws - even actors, but each one of flaws of the fighter - are GREAT story. ;)

Waiting for more extraordinary news - life is waiting....:P

• HearPeers Heroes

Rest is the best cure. Looking forward to hearing about your activation.

I awoke in the middle of the night last night in so much pain.  Finally, I was able to go back to sleep.  Today, I have had very little pain. :-)  I've been resting.  I admit, I did just a couple of light housework (no heavy lifting or anything like that), but not doing anymore because I don't want to overdo it.  It's driving me crazy to have that one bandage attached to my head when it has blood on it.  Just a few more days before I go back for my follow up.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hang in there Donna. When is your follow-up appointment? So sorry to hear about your pain. I hope your journey gets easier very soon.

My follow up is on the 15th.  I am not complaining.  I have had a pretty good day today.  I only had to take pain medicine one time today.  :-)  We are concern that I have had congested coughing for now a month.  Originally it was a sinus infection, but we are not sure now.  We may go to my local dr on Monday so to be checked out about the congested coughing.  My husband is concern the coughing will eventually cause pain in my ear.  I'm not complaining, and I am hanging in. :-)  The pain will be worth it in the long run. :-)

• HearPeers Heroes

Definitely worth it in the long run. Just hoping you feel better and more comfortable soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good idea to get the coughing checked. Could be allergies though. Just a thought.

Back a month ago they said i had a sinus infection.  I was downing a lot of medicines (not my normal) to clear it up before the surgery.  It got better, but back bad again.  It might be allergies, but we might want to get it checked out just to be safe.  On the bright side, I have not had congested coughing thus far today.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good to hear. You should get it checked. Keep us posted. We are all here to support each other.

I just realized that my activation day falls on a Monday.  Since we can't take off work on Mondays (and I've told my doctor's office about this numerous times, but they never make note of it in my record), I have to reschedule my activation day.  We just told them that but they said we have to tell them when we come in for my follow-up on Wednesday.

• HearPeers Heroes

It's a year full of so many appointments! Smile. I forget where you are located. You are in the US right?

• HearPeers Heroes

Nasal drops - a golden rule of nasal decongestion process...

I just arrived home from my post-op follow up visit.  They said everything looks great.  I'm now steri-strips free!  From what I can remember from last year, following the post-op visit, I can get even that area wet!  Now it will be easier to wash my hair!

• HearPeers Heroes

Much easier!! Good luck with the rest of your "rest period!" Then

• HearPeers Heroes

When is your activation day Donna?

Well, since I couldn't get it changed to another day, it is still set for July 18th. :-)  I just hope work will let me off.  When we talked to my doctor's office today, they said that Activation Day must take place within a specific time frame following surgery.  They said the day and time they have me scheduled for is the only available one available within the specific time frame.