AudioLink for Sonnets

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

The new Med-El intermediary device for streaming audio to Sonnet processors has been approved in Canada according to posts on FB.  This will use the Sonnet’s internal 2.4 connection for the first time.  It is called AudioLink.  Availability date is not known,

I have been eagerly waiting for the AudioLink since receiving my Sonnets in 2015.  I hope it is approved in the US soon! I am so excited!

I'm not implanted yet, but I'm really looking forward to this addition!

• 1 month later...

Is there info on AudioLonk? Tried to find but ended here from google. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ricky

I tagged you on several posts about AudioLink

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I recently had an opportunity to review the AudioLink with my Sonnet processors.  Today I asked Med-El if I could join in conversations here about the AudioLink or if I should wait until they use my review.  Med-El said I could join in conversations about the new AudioLink.

AudioLink works with Sonnet and Sonnet 2 processors.  For bilateral Sonnet/Sonnet 2 users, the sound is heard on both sides.

It is very easy to sync the AudioLink to our processors.  Very similar to pairing the FineTuner remote.

We can use the AudioLink three ways:

1) use the AudioLink by itself as a remote mic worn by someone or set on a table

2) use the AudioLink with cables for true stereo music (separate left/right instrumentals), listening to all audio from any headphone jack, connected to the TV via the dock

3) use the AudioLink with BlueTooth.  There are two ways the AudioLink works with BlueTooth.  One way is directly for phone calls.  The other way is through a BT converter app (A2DP blocker) that runs in the background and allows streaming of music, audiobooks, etc.

The AudioLink is not supposed to be used on planes. (Just like the Roger Select/Pen are not supposed to be used on planes.)

My favorite features of the AudioLink are:

* True left/right stereo for music IF the AudioLink is plugged directly to the sound source

* The ability to adjust the mixing ratio 

* Access to a 100/0 mix ratio (sound source only)

* No need to switch to MT or T so never encounter electromagnetic interference

Hopefully Med-El US will soon announce a release date and price for AudioLink.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mary Beth and thanks for the review.

Does anyone know which version of Bluetooth AudioLink supports? I'll be seeing my audi this Thursday along with the Med-El rep. The rep is supposed to have an AudioLink to demo so if anyone has specific questions I should ask the rep, let me know.

• HearPeers Heroes

@DaveD

It may be helpful for you to have an app on your phone that is an A2DP converter so you can test out how other audio sounds from your phone.  AudioLink needs to use that for any audio which is not a phone call in order for it to stream via BT and not use the cables.

I look forward to reading your experience with AudioLink after you get to test it out.

• 1 month later...

The Audiolink is now available in Canada  :) I have been told that the $150 discount coupon  for HearPeers members  can be used in Canada.  Whom do I contact at HearPeers to obtain the coupon. Thanks in advance.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Gerry

I know it’s confusing because so many different things are called HearPeers!

https://www.hearpeers.us

They emailed the $150 off AudioLink coupon.  It expires soon so after you sign up, you may want to contact them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have received the new audiolink :) and it is very versatile and easy to use One issue i have noticed is that there is very noticeable static/crackling when I switch on the microphone (it is paired with my Sonnet.) Does anyone have any  suggestions how I can minimize this. i am wondering if other electronic devices such as iphones, laptops etc are interfering with the connection. I have tried using it in in different locations  and pairing it with and without  the Audiokey but the static persists.

thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

@Gerry

I experience the static sounds too with my AudioLink and have not found a way to fix that yet.

I had the crackling at the beginning but it just seemed to fade away quite a bit.  I stillllike the Artone for the gym.walking etc.  But so far I am truly enjoying it.  So excited TV sounds like Tv.  I am watching movies liked an “addicted teenager”.  Another Wow to add to my growing list. I have found after one year each day gets better and brings another amazing Wow

happy holidays to all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerry said:

Hi I have received the new audiolink :) and it is very versatile and easy to use One issue i have noticed is that there is very noticeable static/crackling when I switch on the microphone (it is paired with my Sonnet.) Does anyone have any  suggestions how I can minimize this. i am wondering if other electronic devices such as iphones, laptops etc are interfering with the connection. I have tried using it in in different locations  and pairing it with and without  the Audiokey but the static persists.

thanks

@gary.  Did you pair the Audiokey yourself.  Which A2dpt are u using for streaming.  

I downloaded the app to my iphone. Your audiologist  needs to make a slight adjustment to your processor (takes one minute) otherwise the Audiokey will not connect with your processor. Once the audiologist makes the adjustment you should be able to connect immediately..... you need to have the Audiolink with you and turned  on and in bluetooth mode and connected to the AudioLink app on your smartphone....... or at least i think this is how it works  :)

53 minutes ago, Marion nancy said:

@gary.  Did you pair the Audiokey yourself.  Which A2dpt are u using for streaming.  

I have only started to use the audiolink so still figuring things out. I plug it into my ipad to listen and watch Youtube videos including music.. My audi said that i can listen wirelessly to youtube on the Iphone but i have not figured how to do this yet even when in bluetooth mode (i could do this with the artone max)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Gerry

You need to download an A2DP converter app.  Then follow that app’s directions.  It must be running in the background before you stream audiobooks or music from the AudioLink to the Sonnet.

6 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Gerry

You need to download an A2DP converter app.  Then follow that app’s directions.  It must be running in the background before you stream audiobooks or music from the AudioLink to the Sonnet.

excellent thank you!

19 hours ago, Gerry said:

excellent thank you!

have you downloaded and used the AD2P program and does it work?... there seems to be a range of reviews of the app online.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Gerry

I did download the A2DP converter app and I have tried it.  I don’t care for the decreased audio quality.  I enjoy the better sound quality I get through other ways instead.  But everyone’s experience with tech varies.

On 12/19/2019 at 1:10 PM, Gerry said:

I have only started to use the audiolink so still figuring things out. I plug it into my ipad to listen and watch Youtube videos including music.. My audi said that i can listen wirelessly to youtube on the Iphone but i have not figured how to do this yet even when in bluetooth mode (i could do this with the artone max)

@gerry. I am also receiving some crackle/satitical type sound when microphone is o with the audiolink. I used it today at a gathering.  Heard well but some background crackle.  Hope there will be a solutions for this.  Love it for TV and Cel phone calls