It’s like Christmas in September!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

How are things going for you?  

I had the firmware on my AudioLink updated and was hopeful that would make my AudioLink work well.  I’m still having so many sound quality problems when bilateral.  If I only listen with one side, it sounds very good.  But listening bilaterally through AudioLink does not sound good.  It feels like the audio from the two sides is a bit out of sync.  No matter what I tried.  So I am hoping that AudioStream works much better.

I hope AudioStream releases in the US soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth Things are fine. I'm a little bummed I missed Sunday. I was sitting on the couch Sunday morning and I felt like I was being lazy so I went out to wash our Miata, which I've never done myself. It took a while.

Externally I'm all healed up though to be fair I'm still even at this point a little swollen. My glasses are still uncomfortable, but this isn't too much a surprise (and I wear my contacts during the day anyway). Since I finished with the Bacitracin I've been wearing my hearing aid again. It gives me a little bit of balance but it's much quieter now. I'm honestly not sure if it helps me hear on the phone or not as everything through it is echo-y/garbled even more now than before (no surprise of course).

Activation Friday morning. And then after that our little one will be showing up sometime shortly thereafter. Nursery is all ready, all the little clothes are washed, learning mobile's hung up, yadda yadda yadda. I'm a little petrified but I'm also really excited to meet the little dude. We took this silly picture the other day after I hung up the mobile. The dots are stickers. They're all over the room. There's also Russian (Cyrillic) alphabet stickers of various critters; there'll be similar with the English (Latin) alphabet. I found an activity rug on Amazon that has the alphabet and numbers along with the ASL for each, was thinking about getting that. No reason he can't be trilingual.

(deleted the picture I had posted here so I could rescue my attachment quota a bit)

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Wishing you and your wife the very best and can not wait to hear your little dude has arrived @phobos512

We missed you Sunday.  Next one is in January.  You will be a busy new dad by then!

Let us know how activation goes.  My second side took its own unique journey!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512 glad to hear you are doing well! Sounds like your little man will have a cool room 👍 Keep us posted on activation 😎 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 12:59 AM, phobos512 said:

@Mary Beth Things are fine. I'm a little bummed I missed Sunday. I was sitting on the couch Sunday morning and I felt like I was being lazy so I went out to wash our Miata, which I've never done myself. It took a while.

Externally I'm all healed up though to be fair I'm still even at this point a little swollen. My glasses are still uncomfortable, but this isn't too much a surprise (and I wear my contacts during the day anyway). Since I finished with the Bacitracin I've been wearing my hearing aid again. It gives me a little bit of balance but it's much quieter now. I'm honestly not sure if it helps me hear on the phone or not as everything through it is echo-y/garbled even more now than before (no surprise of course).

Activation Friday morning. And then after that our little one will be showing up sometime shortly thereafter. Nursery is all ready, all the little astoworld merch clothes are washed, learning mobile's hung up, yadda yadda yadda. I'm a little petrified but I'm also really excited to meet the little dude. We took this silly picture the other day after I hung up the mobile. The dots are stickers. They're all over the room. There's also Russian (Cyrillic) alphabet stickers of various critters; there'll be similar with the English (Latin) alphabet. I found an activity rug on Amazon that has the alphabet and numbers along with the ASL for each, was thinking about getting that. No reason he can't be trilingual.

PXL_20201114_201658844 (Custom).jpg

Yeah, right

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 11/17/2020 at 9:17 AM, MallaRuth said:

Iinteference when I'm out and about, which would put me off. And, as you know Mary Beth, I am now getting this in my house due to moving near to train tracks

Some other observations: I've never been a fan of the MED-EL covers, such as the larger ones for plugging in a wired connection. Especially with the Opus 2 and Sonnet; it felt very 'bottom heavy' and fell off easily. I also find changing covers can be a faff. However, possibly not more of a faff than fiddling about with headphones, and the wireless aspect is really attractive.

Hi @MallaRuth regarding the Interference from the train tracks, why not let Railtrack know of this problem, they maybe able to help with some sort of shielding. It's not acceptable to have that kind of interference in your home, I'm sure you can get some help even if it is some sort of refund of rent if you are renting where you live. Reasonable adjustments to your disability needs and all that.

The other thing, you mention about the processor falling off when you have a wired connection (Direct input I assume) why not try attaching an ear mould to hold processor in place? I still always wear an ear mould with my processor. You might find a better wire as well because like me... I just cannot get on with the Med-el issued wire, they are so hard that you can almost hold the processor in the air at the end of wire! a soft three pin plug type wire with 3.5mm plug the other end is available and I find these so much better. I really don't know why Med-el has not issued a better softer flexible wire for us to use than the current one.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

Do you have a link for the direct input cable you use?  Does it mix audio with your processor mics or when it is plugged in does it provide device audio only?

I agree the stiffness of Med-El ‘s DAI cable makes it uncomfortable to use.  If I turn my head, it pulls the processor off my ear completely.  My work around is that I attached a very small clip to the cable so it attaches to my shirt collar.

• HearPeers Heroes
28 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mr-LJ

Do you have a link for the direct input cable you use?  Does it mix audio with your processor mics or when it is plugged in does it provide device audio only?

I agree the stiffness of Med-El ‘s DAI cable makes it uncomfortable to use.  If I turn my head, it pulls the processor off my ear completely.  My work around is that I attached a very small clip to the cable so it attaches to my shirt collar.

Oh goodness me, it is years since I bought my cable, still very good though. I probably bought it from Connevans in the UK. Here is the link.... https://www.connevans.co.uk/catalogue/1528130/Binaural-V-blue-plug-hearing-aid-direct-input-leads The cable cuts out the Microphone on the conventional hearing aid BUT leaves the Microphone activated on my Sonnet1 processor. My only problem is balancing the volume between the two different devices, but that would not be a problem (I think!) with two similar devices.

direct input.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

That looks like a very flexible cable.  My problem is I want to only hear from the Sonnet.  I think that may limit me to Med-El ‘s stiff cable option.

Because it is so stiff and uncomfortable to use, I avoid it.

Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop remains the best connectivity tech for me.

On 11/23/2019 at 11:02 PM, Mary Beth said:

@kblgy

I think AudioLink (the intermediary device) is available in the US but AudioKey (the app) is not yet available in the US.  We can use AudioLink without the app with our Sonnets.  Have you been able to use your AudioLink yet?  Maybe I can help you troubleshoot if you haven’t been able to use the intermediary device yet.

i have audiolink, and the app. but you cannot stream with the sonnet 1. so i'm hoping to be able to stream with the Audio stream they are talking about in this thread.

• HearPeers Heroes

@kblgy

The AudioStream is out in some countries.  Not yet in the US.

• HearPeers Heroes

@kblgy

What do you mean by “you can not stream” with Sonnet 1 using AudioLink and the app (Audio2Ear)?

By using that app with AudioLink,  all audio should stream to Sonnet 1.

Are you having problems with it?

• HearPeers Heroes

@kblgy

We can stream music to Sonnet 1 through the AudioLink using Med-El’s newer app for that called Audio2Ear.

Before Med-El released that app we could stream music through the AudioLink to Sonnet 1 by using third party A2DP converter apps.

Check it out.

• HearPeers Heroes

@kblgy

You can try a different A2DP converter app.  Some give 7 days of free use before needing to purchase.

2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@kblgy

You can try a different A2DP converter app.  Some give 7 days of free use before needing to purchase.

what do you mean?A2DP

• HearPeers Heroes

@kblgy

I don’t have that problem with the Audio2Ear app stopping after a short time.  Have you tried deleting the app and downloading it again?

You do need to keep your phone close to the AudioLink.....not in a pocket.  And the AudioLink needs to be very close to you.