It’s like Christmas in September!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Direct..... yup direct....bilateral.....true stereo.....STREAMING for Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2!

I am sooooo excited!

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity/audiostream?fbclid=IwAR21qadWSv3tZmVt72AJ1k1VbIo7Dh1OHGHI4vs2t3SC4H3WB3pId9C5SJg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

It looks like a special battery cover for Sonnet 1 and 2.  (Kind of like the Roger 21 special battery cover.)

@Joan

Med-El says it is only for Sonnet 1 & 2.

• Like 2

@Mary BethI realize it’s only for the Sonnet now. Since it’s an “add on” to existing models, I’m just dreaming that maybe they’ll do some similar for Rondo3 and beyond. Just wishin’!!

• HearPeers Heroes

I am wishing too @Joan.  Since this is a special receiver built into the Sonnet battery cover, maybe they can design a special receiver for Rondo 3 like whatever the telecoil adapter looks like.  Or a special receiver/mic cover integrated design that plugs into the Rondo 3 port??

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh yes oh yes this is awesome I can't wait! I wonder if there's an extended battery to go with it? Bluetooth transceivers can be tiny, look at the USB dongles they have for desktop computers.

There's a new version of the Audiokey (2) app as well, but it's not currently available in the US on the Play Store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.medel.audiokey2

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

Great question about a longer lasting rechargeable battery option for Sonnet 1 and 2 now that the AudioStream will use some of the battery power.

Do you think disposable batteries would be better? 

AudioKey 2 app has been advertised with the Rondo 3 too.  That releases by year’s end.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth So with my former hearing aids I didn't find that streaming made much of a difference in battery life (I've only streamed once with my Enzo Q and it was so terrible I've only been using the Artone since then, which is better anyway since it's stereo). I just wonder because of the size of the Audiostream (it adds 7 mm to the height of a Sonnet 2 with the standard battery like I use), particularly for folks with older processors that may not be as power efficient, if there's any room in there for a new battery. Even an extra hour would be worth it. But honestly, with no bigger battery, I'd still get one. Since it's now announced does that mean I can get one as an accessory choice with my second CI whenever that happens? Hmm...

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

Has Med-El US offered deferred/reserved accessory choices?  I know other brands do but I have not seen that yet with Med-El US.  It would be great if they did.

Release date in the US has not been announced yet.  Keep your eyes out for US approval.

Hope your CI journey is going great!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I could swear I'd discussed that accessory deferral with my audiologist but I might have been confused as looking back at our e-mail conversations about accessory choice there's nothing about not making one. Sorry for the confusion.

• HearPeers Heroes

I know it's nothing official but it seems like news seems to pop-up about new stuff about 30-60 days prior to it being granted FDA approval (comparing when forum threads were started for Audiolink, Sonnet 2, Rondo 3, etc. to the FDA approval database). So...more hmm.... :D

@Mary Beth  @Joan @Jewel @Dave in Pittsburgh    Fantastic news.

Sadly I' ve only the Rondo 2. Hopefully for those looking into upgrading  to Rondo 3 etc will have it.

I would love to have some sort of streaming. Having a lot of problems with the Artone 3.

At the moment ,all sounds its fuzzy, disorted out of tune like.

On a different note, and out of interest, how did I Sound to you? I had noticed that the screenshot of every one froze from time to time.

I am due for another Test  this month and another mapping , possibly another program as well. Given that there has been another spike with the virus in Málaga and down On the coast , ( I live out in the countryside)  I've not heard  from the Hospital  nor from the speech therapist. So will see.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

The videos did not freeze during the meeting on my computer.

You sounded fine.

Is the problem you are having with the Artone due to the Artone or does everything sound that way to you at the moment when only listening with your CI?

@Mary Beth The problem I'm having with the Artone3 , is that after having charged it up fully , the red light immediately comes on, indicating it needs charging which I already have done! 

I've changed the cover on the Rondo, so not sure if that has made any changes to what I'm hearing.

Both my mobile and tablet (kindle). Sounds as if too much distortion with the sounds , bit like a radio when trying to find a station only to get some words then other times garbled. Just too much to listen to.  

When talking to my parents for example  I get what they're saying although in a low key!!

Weird.

Was hoping that the Artone3 would help. ☹️

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

I do not pay attention to the steady red or blue lights on the Artone.

I plug it in and know it is charged whether it displays steady red or steady blue.  

If you hold your phone up to your Rondo 2 mic and listen, does it sound similar to when you listen on T with the Artone?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

You sounded normal to me. 

@Mary Beth

It looks like the new receiver is the size of the Roger 21 battery cover. I wouldn't want that as it is larger than the regular battery cover and it is too big for my ear. Invariably it will fall off and so I have to use wigtape with the Roger 21 battery cover. If only it was the size of the regular battery cover then I would be interested. 

17 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@MED-EL Moderator

What mixing options will AudioStream use?

Hi

@Mary Beth We're glad you're excited about AudioStream :). According to our product experts, it is a mixed stream. The louder you switch your music source or phone call, the less you hear the environment and vice-versa.

Kind regards, 

Mary

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Hopefully direct streaming will also be included in the Rondo family of processors soon.

The Sonnet is long.  The extended special battery covers (AudioStream and Roger 21) are even longer.

I can’t wait for direct streaming options in the Rondo family of processors.

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi

@Mary Beth We're glad you're excited about AudioStream :). According to our product experts, it is a mixed stream. The louder you switch your music source or phone call, the less you hear the environment and vice-versa.

Kind regards, 

Mary

Hm...I wonder what you mean by "the louder you switch your music source or phone"... I do hope there's a way to cut the external mic when streaming. I can't concentrate on the folks speaking on the phone if I can hear external sound too (that's always been a problem for me, before the CI).