November and December 2018 dates

Mary Beth

This foto was before the implantation, I used the hearing devices and their streamer (Siemens Connect Tek).

Screenshot_2018-07-30 Esteban Lopez ( estebanlopez9274) • Instagram photos and videos.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@Esteban

I’m glad things are going well for you.

and I also have 2 cats!  Smile 

• Like 2

Welcome @Esteban

Thanks for sharing your story.   Wishing you best of luck on activation

@Margothanks for the response as well.  I use Sonnet primarily and my Audi recommends them because of dual mic feature and directionality.  I'm doing really well currently with my sonnet so I can't complain.  Best of luck to you as well.  I am looking forward to mine :)

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

Welcome @Esteban

Thanks for sharing your story.   Wishing you best of luck on activation

@Margothanks for the response as well.  I use Sonnet primarily and my Audi recommends them because of dual mic feature and directionality.  I'm doing really well currently with my sonnet so I can't complain.  Best of luck to you as well.  I am looking forward to mine :)

Thanks @Nikki!!! :)

On 10/17/2018 at 9:16 AM, Margo said:

In reply to Nikki's question re: choice of processor: at the hospital in London Ontario where I was implanted I was offered a choice between the Sonnet and the Rondo. However, the audiologist said the Rondo2 was not yet available to them(perhaps due to government health insurance rules) so strongly recommended the Sonnet as having more advanced features. I'm looking forward to my activation date which has been moved up to October 29.

Same at sunnybrooke.   Scitation Nov 1 and rondo2 not ready.   Therfore sonnet eas

• HearPeers Heroes
On 10/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, Mary Beth said:

October 29 @Margo has her first CI activated and @Esteban has the second CI activated

October 31 @Daniel the Stranger and  @Nikki have their second CIs activated

November 1 @Mary Featherston has her second CI activated and @Marion nancy has her first CI activated

Updated

Please let me know if I missed anyone.

Wishing you all the best!

On 10/19/2018 at 4:36 PM, Esteban said:

@Mary Featherston, @Daniel the Stranger, @Jewel, @Mary Beth. Wow, we'll have a party with the activations!!!!??

On 10/10/2018 at 10:08 AM, Mary Beth said:

@Marion nancy

You never know.  You could get Darth Vader, R2D2 or Mickey Mouse.

Smile

• Haha 1

One week to go 

Hoping for the best

How are y'all healing up?

@Margo @Esteban @Daniel the Stranger

@Marion nancy and @Mary Featherston?

I'm experiencing some pain and tinnitus and having bit worry whether I rested enough. Can't wait to find out the results of this surgery 

• Like 2

@Nikki I'm fine, I came back to work last week on Wednesday just after a week of the surgery. No pain, tinnitus from time to time and I'm now sleeping on my  new implanted ear. This time swelling was much less than the first time.

I hope you feel better soon.

Just now, Daniel the Stranger said:

@Nikki I'm fine, I came back to work last week on Wednesday just after a week of the surgery. No pain, tinnitus from time to time and I'm now sleeping on my  new implanted ear. This time swelling was much less than the first time.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you Daniel

I've been doing fantastic 

Went back to work last week 

My first CI surgery was pretty traumatic and results weren't good.  then I had revision on that side and the recovery was easier and results are fabulous

My co workers encouraged me to take it easy and I did for the revision

This time I didn't listen to them and they got me back before they were ready to :)

My bad

I have a little anxiety about the array moving in my cochlea due to activity/sneezing/ excreting myself etc

Not even sure if this fear justified or not I just want to fast forward to next week so I can face some facts  

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki I'm just fine, thanks!  My implant site only hurts when I press on it.  The incision's a little tender, particularly when I pick at the sutures (heh).

But all in all, not much pain, I'm sleeping well and have been back at work since Monday.  Really looking forward to a week from tomorrow!

@Nikki I wouldn't worry too much. I had the post-op checkup last week and I asked my doctor about sneezing and blowing my nose as I did both of them. I'm used to blowing my nose after showering so after surgery I still cointunued to do this but much softer. Still my ears popped up, so it got me worried. Doctor said no problem, that everything was ok.

So I pass this on to you so you can relax before activation :) 

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

One week to go 

Hoping for the best

How are y'all healing up?

@Margo @Esteban @Daniel the Stranger

@Marion nancy and @Mary Featherston?

I'm experiencing some pain and tinnitus and having bit worry whether I rested enough. Can't wait to find out the results of this surgery 

I have tinnitus now, but I hope it disappears after the activation of the implant on the right side.

1 hour ago, Marion nancy said:

One week for hook up. Trying to keep busy so time passes

Good plan Marion ?

• HearPeers Heroes

I am so excited for all of you!  It’s going to be a great week on HearPeers!

Wishing you all the best!

• Like 2