Loving my Rondo2!!!

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

So I've been wearing my Rondo2 to work since Tuesday. I love it, love it, love it! I am so happy that Med-El allowed me to benefit from the PLUSRONDO promotion. 

The Rondo2 is so light that I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything on my head! I do wear it with the tether that is attached to a hair clip. I wish that hairclip came in different hair colours. It is silver and so it can be easy to spot. So Tuesday when I went to work, a coworker saw the clip at tugged at it. Idk if she was trying to fix it in my hair or what but I told her it was holding my processor so she apologised. So now I'm more careful as to how I place the clip in my hair. I definitely don't want a repeat of that. 

The Rondo2 has stayed on my head all day with no mishaps. I'm using a 3S magnet. So I guess I don't necessarily need the tether but I don't want to take any chances and the Rondo2 falls off my head. 

I'm starting to like Omni. I connected my Rondo2 to my Artone 3 Max and was able to listen to several webcasts at work with ease. The ac at work is kinda loud with the omni so sometimes I use the car program that my audi created but I'm finding that at work sometimes I'm able to block out the ac sound. I was even able to enjoy music playing on my laptop with the Artone and Rondo2 

Tuesday when I listened to music in the car I couldn't make out much but today I was making out lyrics I wasn't able to make out with the Sonnet. My brain is getting lots of exercise. 

I love that I don't have to change any battery at all. I just need to charge the processor overnight and I'm good to go for the entire day (waking hours). 

I find that the car indicator sound is much louder with the Rondo2. I also have to ask people not to talk so loud. I was able to hear staff talking outside my office about 10 feet away! 

I also found that I was able to hear what people in my car were saying most of the time while I was driving, even when they weren't talking to me. I find it much easier to understand what people are saying behind me while I'm driving with this Rondo2. Looks like I have to put back an omni map on my Sonnet.

In the canteen at work, it is rather noisy using the omni. I used the car program today and was able to hear what they were saying on CNN on the TV which was about 10 feet from me and I wasn't even looking at the screen! That's a first for me since activation in that setting! 

I love not having anything on my ear to fall off when I'm eating if I don't wear wigtape. 

I've even fallen asleep with the Rondo2. That shows how comfortable it is. 

My voice sounds good too. With the Sonnet it sounds kinda muffled sometimes. 

I also wore it to my place of  worship last night and I could hear everything very well. Except for the music that is. Probably because 180 people were singing! 

So it looks like I will be wearing the Rondo2 most of the time. But for meetings at work I think i will stick to the Sonnet since I can use the Roger Pen. 

This is all I can remember off the top of my head. 

Does anyone else care to share their experience with Rondo2? 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

I will start using mine more now since yesterday I got the volume adjusted a bit.  I still use the Sonnets at work so I can use adaptive if I want to but I'm with you, @Jewel - the comfort and the sound clarity is wonderful with Rondo2.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I am doing a happy dance here for you!  YAY!

You can use the Rondo 2 with your Roger Pen if you purchase a Roger MyLink neckloop receiver.  They are available through Connevans online, eBay often has them listed and through our audiologists.  Just be sure it is a ROGER MyLink and not just a MyLink.

Another option is the Artone Mic which would send the sound to your Artone neckloop.  If you remind me, I can bring that with me to Niagara Falls in September.  If there is a Med-El Mingle event, we can ask them to bring a ROGER MyLink along as well.

Do you think we could design a different hair clip?  How does the line attach to that hair clip?  I wonder if that shiny silver clip could be painted?

It is kind of odd @MED-EL Moderator that Med-El offers discreet Rondo 2 covers yet has a shiny silver hair clip attached to the security line.

• HearPeers Heroes

I do want Rondo 2 @Mary Featherston!

But it is not upgrade time for me yet.  I believe Rondo 2 and the next generation BTE processor will be the options available at my upgrade time.

Between now and then I will eagerly read about all of your experiences.  Smile.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, and @Jewel - yes, I  will wear the collar tether.  At least, until I find an alternative.  I may try the hair clip but I'm pretty sure my hair's too short.

The collar tether annoys me less at work than at home, this time of year especially.  I can clip it to my sweater or fleece or whatever I'm wearing so it doesn't poke into my neck.  When I'm at home and on the treadmill, I have to clip it to my t-shirt and then not only does the clip poke me, but the silicone tether brushes my neck.  I ignore it, but it's there.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth - same MAP, I only had Kirsten adjust the volume a bit, Rondo2 is a lot louder than the Sonnets and when I wore them to work I kept having to turn them down.

• HearPeers Heroes

I do think we could design a better securing option.  I saw the lines available for purchase in the Med-El online shop.  It seems like we could use the line and rig up a more comfortable and less shiny clip.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth do you always use a tether with your Rondos?  My audiologist suggested yesterday that when I'm not active I could probably forgo the tether but I'm terrified it will fall off and be stepped on or something.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Thanks for those options. I would like to try them all out before buying any. I'm also interested in the Roger Select. But I only want to buy what I really need. 

The line is attached to the hairclip via a hole that is in the hairclip. Maybe it can be painted. Med-El should be able to give more options. I heard that it is USD15 for a replacement! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

And you went from omni to omni.  But there is the change for you from ASM 2 to ASM 1,

My ASM 1 processors use the same MAPs (OPUS 2 and Rondo 1).

My ASM 2 processor uses a different MAP (Sonnet).

Someone mentioned that default MAPLAW is 750 in Rondo 2 (it is 500 in OPUS 2, Rondo and Sonnet I believe) but I have not seen that yet in writing from Med-El.  If that is true, soft sounds would be amplified a bit more if our audiologists kept it at 750.

Do you get a print out of your MAP?  

• HearPeers Heroes

No printout, @Mary Beth but I think she would if I asked.  We were looking at the graphs yesterday - apparently my two MAPs are more similar than most of the ones my audiologist sees.

Not sure that means anything, but there it is.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I no longer have any omni maps on my Sonnet. The audi put the omni map that was previously on my Sonnet on the Rondo2 but I don't use that one. I use the omni map with a lower volume most of the time as well as the car program. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I only see packs of 4 replacement lines in the online store.  No clips?

B147C21F-8A12-4F6D-B9E9-71BEDF43FD6A.png

F3CD16B9-FFFF-4FF3-817E-2785B89347EC.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

When I wear my Rondo 1 processors at the beach, I use the EarGear tether and clip (to my swimsuit).

When I wear the Rondo 1 processors in our pool, I don’t attach them at all and don’t knock them off while swimming.  (But if I did knock them off, they would sink like rocks but be easily retrieved from the bottom of our pool.)

When I wear my Rondo 1 processors for everyday use, I do not use an attachment BUT I want to use an attachment.  I had two experiences where they got knocked off and that made me anxious.  One was my own fault in the car resting my head against the headrest while driving.  Do you know how much metal is in a car?!  The other time was a friend who knocked one off while giving me a hug and it landed right behind her feet!  One step back and crush!  

I have tried various attachment lines and have not found one that I like for everyday use.  I have been thinking about making my own attachment line.  I think having them attached is a great idea.  And it would make me less anxious.

When I wore them to a Broadway show, I kept leaning forward when people in the row behind me walked by.  I am conscious of having them knocked off.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I am glad the Rondo2 leash comes in a pack of four. Cos I thought it was crazy for just one to cost $15.

Strange that they don't show the clip. It seems that people mash up either the clip or the leash in no time. 

@Mary Beth I’m getting more and more excited about the possibility of getting my Rondo2s later this year!

@Jewel @Mary Featherston does the absence of a microphone cover cause you any problem with you hair brushing against the microphone?

Also, I’m curious as to whether or not the Rondo2 ever needs to be placed in a dryer. If they are being recharged every night, I just wonder when is there time to do that?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan

I thought the top piece is the microphone cover. I could be wrong. I don't hear my hair rustling with either processor. 

Rondo2 is not to be placed in a dryer ever. Just wipe it with a dry cloth and charge it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan and @Jewel yes, the top piece is the microphone cover and will need to be replaced just like the Sonnet ones.  But, Joan, I wear my hair really short, it doesn't brush the processor at all.

@Jewel thanks for the input. Good to know the Rondo2 doesn’t ever go in the dryer and that you don’t hear your hair rustling. I can’t wait to try them!

@Mary Featherston I’m not familiar with the Sonnet covers since I have Rondos and Opus2s, but I appreciate the info about the Rondo2 microphone cover. I’ll be eligible for an upgrade this coming fall and I’m definitely going for Rondo2s rather than Sonnets!