Save the dates: Meetup Opportunity in Niagara Falls in 2020

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello all,

ALDA (Association of Late Deafened Adults) just announced the location of their annual conference for 2020.  It is in Niagara Falls, NY October 21-25, 2020.

I am attending and I hope many of you will attend too.

Even if you do not plan on attending, it can be a great opportunity to meet up for fun in person either before or after the conference.

Who is interested in meeting up in Niagara Falls NY before or after this conference?  Who is interested in attending the conference?

Tagging some people to start us off and hope many more will join in.  This could be fun!

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Mary Featherston

@Jewel

@Megan L.

@Kara of Canada

@Sandy

@mgfiest

@Carolmarie

@Hicksy

@Artsy

@Hearing Again

@Nikki

@Angie

@Joan

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey @Mary Beth! I know I’ve been MIA but def interested 😁 sounds fun! Hope all is well. Thanks for not forgetting about me!!!!!!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth yes!!!! Would be nice to meet in person after...almost 3 years! I can’t believe it’s going to be 3 years 😁 smile 

@Mary Beth Wow, this has great potential for another get-together! I’ll definitely put it in my radar. Lucky you that it’ll be so close to home!😊

• HearPeers Heroes

OH MAN.....well, I'll have to see.  My current plan is to be in California that week, there's a get-together that a lot of my friends go to that I don't otherwise see, plus it's near another little cluster of friends that I could drive over and see.  Shoot.  I'll have to see how everything shakes out.

• HearPeers Heroes

@KittKatz

You attended the ALDA conference this year for the first time.  How was it?

• HearPeers Heroes

Sounds like fun @Mary Beth. I should have a mapping appointment that month so I could just leave Miami and head straight to New York.

If I come I would definitely want to go over the Canadian border and look at the Falls from that end. 

Let's see how it goes. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

That would be terrific!  If you come, we will definitely explore the Canadian side as well.  

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

I'd still end up traveling from Minnesota to California and then three days later going to New York.....this takes some thinking.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston I totally understand.  I just needed to alert people that the first date that was announced was wrong.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Traveling is always fun @Dave in Pittsburgh.  Enjoy your trip.

I think the SayWhatClub conference is near you in Pittsburgh in 2020.  I have never attended but have friends who attend.

@Mary BethThanks I’ve never heard of them.I check their web page found it interesting yes their convention is in Aug in downtown Pittsburgh I just may attend and even join are you attending?

On 10/25/2019 at 9:45 PM, Mary Beth said:

Hello all,

ALDA (Association of Late Deafened Adults) just announced the location of their annual conference for 2020.  It is in Niagara Falls, NY October 21-25, 2020.

I am attending and I hope many of you will attend too.

Even if you do not plan on attending, it can be a great opportunity to meet up for fun in person either before or after the conference.

Who is interested in meeting up in Niagara Falls NY before or after this conference?  Who is interested in attending the conference?

Tagging some people to start us off and hope many more will join in.  This could be fun!

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Mary Featherston

@Jewel

@Megan L.

@Kara of Canada

@Sandy

@mgfiest

@Carolmarie

@Hicksy

@Artsy

@Hearing Again

@Nikki

@Angie

@Joan

No.  There does not seem to be many for Canada. However this just across the bridge therefore hope to be there